It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you had proof of a god , would you actually worship it ?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs
You're the kind of person who thanks God for the food at your table, despite the fact that

A: You worked for the food on your table.

B: In order to gain that nourishment many living things needed to be killed and made to suffer for it.

and most importantly

C: The reason you need to eat that food in the first place and those other beings needed to be killed or made to suffer, or be displaced from their homes is because God designed you and them to need this sustenance to survive in the first place. Not only will you die if you don't butcher things and work to feed yourself you will suffer intense hunger pains resulting from starvation if you do not.

God created the world as it is according to believers, which means he created this sick system, and you all thank Him for it.

I'm happy believing things are most likely a fluke, because any other alternative requires believing some super being exists sick enough to create such a perverse system.

When it comes to food at the table the only thing there is to thank God for is needing that food in the first place and all the suffering that surrounds that need the world over. Yeah thanks God you complete and total douche.
edit on 5/24/2018 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I totally get your reasoning there

Randy won't though, lol, his god can do no wrong, at all, ever.
I'd call his god a barbaric monster as it munches its popcorn while watching children die of starvation around the world.
The Abrahamic god can go # itself as far as I'm concerned if it was in fact proven to exist.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
Oh but I can and I do. You lack faith I do not.

So because you have 'faith', you override logic.

He is my Father. You seem to have daddy issues.

O_o Are you serious? 'God' is your father but Puppylove has 'daddy issues'. You're a piece of work, Randyvs. And not in a complimentary way.

Tell me how it makes any sense to ban him from existence in our schools.

Religion shouldn't be banned from schools. My only objection is it being taught as a fact or as a science, which it is neither.

And then turn and blame him when they produce mass murderers? You can't have it both ways.

And neither can you. You cannot attribute all the good to him and none of the bad.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
Religion shouldn't be banned from schools. My only objection is it being taught as a fact or as a science, which it is neither.
Agreed.
My son learned about all the conflicting religions around the world in a class called "Philosophy and applied ethics" one of his favourites to be honest, but he doesn't believe in any gods either. See that's the thing, when you teach kids about all religions instead of brainwashing them that 'this is our god' they tend to realise how ridiculous all the claims are by themself.
My son knows nobody from his year at school who believes in any gods, but that's not surprising considering they weren't brainwashed into believing any specific unverifiable claims.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
An old Jesuit maxim springs to mind...

give us a child till he’s seven and we’ll have him for life.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

So true, and if I ran a religious cult I'd have them brainwashed by the age of 5.
It is a concept which works, even Hitler knew that by getting the youth, once indoctrinated they'd grass their own grandmother up in a heartbeat.
Children don't believe in Shiva or Thor, or name any other number of claimed gods, until adults teach them to.
It's a scam.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

a reply to: Woodcarver

Nah it's your merry go round carver.
You ride it. I find childrens rides very
boring.
What does this comment even mean? You have not even tried to be part of the conversation for weeks.

You know.
I never know what you are talking about. You can’t ever seem to stay on topic. Most of your posts are just insults.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Agreed.
My son learned about all the conflicting religions around the world in a class called "Philosophy and applied ethics" one of his favourites to be honest, but he doesn't believe in any gods either. See that's the thing, when you teach kids about all religions instead of brainwashing them that 'this is our god' they tend to realise how ridiculous all the claims are by themself.
My son knows nobody from his year at school who believes in any gods, but that's not surprising considering they weren't brainwashed into believing any specific unverifiable claims.
Agreed. The only religious kids i see are the one’s who go to private religious schools. Hopefully, in a few more generations, they will be a minority.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Agreed. The only religious kids i see are the one’s who go to private religious schools. Hopefully, in a few more generations, they will be a minority.

I've seen it happen in only my lifetime, used to be hymns and stuff when I was in primary school so I kinda went along with it until I matured and developed a questioning mind. No hymns in my son's education once, no prayers at assembly etc, so he didn't grow up believing in any gods.
It's the perfect scam for any cult to be fair though, but since they got out of 'most' state schools their numbers have declined rapidly so the Anglican church is leeching members as they die off.
That is progress, the ending of children being brainwashed into what is really just a powerful cult.

EDIT
A mates son goes to the local Anglican church part funded state high school and he gets all the religious thing there, but it is a fantastic school for results so just pretends to believe. He reckons hardly anyone actually believes it, they just snicker to themselves while going through the motions, it's like the funniest secret to him and his class mates.

EDIT
Wow, I innocently typed 'sn igger' (without the space) and the ATS censor thing altered it to s'n word', bloody hell, has the PC world gone that mad to an innocent word which means the same as snicker? I've changed it to snicker. Pathetic.
edit on 24-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

Going back to the OP question, if an all knowing god was shown to be proven then why would I even bother pretending to worship it? It would surely already know I thought it was a barbaric monster. Pretty crap god if it needed me to tell it.
"Yeah, carry on eating your popcorn mate while you watch children starve to death, prick"

Lol
Well apparently there was a time when we existed in paradise.
All the food we could eat (apart from the fruit from that one tree over there).
We didn't even need clothes the weather was that nice.

However, again apparently, we decided to know good and evil and it all went to # from there.
Adam suddenly thought his ding ding was too small, Eve wasn't happy with the size of her hips. God wasn't happy about this either.
There was a lot of blame shifting, "oooo the serpent tricked me, ooooo the women talked me into it" instead of someone just taking responsibility for their own # up.
As a result, the serpent's got no legs, Eve needs pethidine when squeezing one out and we gotta toil the land for food!

Now, I don't know about anyone else, but if I started questioning God about starving children I'd imagine his response would be something like:
"WTF you on about? I had it all set up nice. You wanted something else so I let you have at it. Left you to it. Now tell me, what did you personally, and you as humanity as a whole do about those starving children?"

We can't have it both ways can we?
Or can we?

DISCLAIMER: Not a belief. Just a train of thought
That’s not a train of thought, you just wrote down genesis and claimed that’s your opinion. You are literally trying to pass off genesis as an original thought that you just had. That is true indoctrination. Congratulations!! You are fully assimilated into the hive.

I made no such claim of opinion.

Try harder Woodcarver.

What kind of scientist are are you, what's your field?
I went to school for civil and structural engineering. Later on i studied material analysis. There are only a few people in my area that do this, so i will not post my title, but basically i look at materials and test their efficacy for specific projects. Things like structural density, tensile strength, load capabilities, and sometimes material identification, or material quality.

I also used to train show horses, and i still do a lot of wood working.

Did you want to hire me? I can build you some cabinets or I can tell you if your diamonds are real.

Oh you're a material analyst.
Just like Madonna!

Btw I'd like to make a complaint about your Harry Potter wands.
On your website they were advertised as, and I quote "Actual Real Working Harry Potter Wands".
At 800 quid I thought this was a steal so I ordered one.
While shipping was speedy I soon realised that it wasn't a real wand as advertised. It didn't work.
It was basically just a pretty piece of wood.

All emails I've sent you asking of a refund have been ignored.

Very dishonest conduct Woodcarver!
Wow!! That is some amazing creative writing. Are you comfortable giving false witness like that? Are you able to tell lies without feeling any kind of guilt?

Oh, I'm the liar?

Are you denying that you own gotwood.com?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Agreed.
Agreed. The only religious kids i see are the one’s who go to private religious schools.

10/10 for observation there Woodcarver.
Here's some more evidence to back that up...

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If there was a real god, it could make me worship it and convince me that I was doing it of my own free will.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Agreed.
Agreed. The only religious kids i see are the one’s who go to private religious schools.

Well, i guess if you can’t articulate a real response, you might as well promote your band. I do wish you would try to be a part of the conversation. You always make my points look more valid.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Going back to the OP question, if an all knowing god was shown to be proven then why would I even bother pretending to worship it? It would surely already know I thought it was a barbaric monster. Pretty crap god if it needed me to tell it.
"Yeah, carry on eating your popcorn mate while you watch children starve to death, prick"

Lol

However, again apparently, we decided to know good and evil and it all went to # from there.
Adam suddenly thought his ding ding was too small, Eve wasn't happy with the size of her hips. God wasn't happy about this either.
There was a lot of blame shifting, "oooo the serpent tricked me, ooooo the women talked me into it" instead of someone just taking responsibility for their own # up.
As a result, the serpent's got no legs, Eve needs pethidine when squeezing one out and we gotta toil the land for food!

Now, I don't know about anyone else, but if I started questioning God about starving children I'd imagine his response would be something like:
"WTF you on about? I had it all set up nice. You wanted something else so I let you have at it. Left you to it. Now tell me, what did you personally, and you as humanity as a whole do about those starving children?"

Or can we?

That’s not a train of thought, you just wrote down genesis and claimed that’s your opinion. You are literally trying to pass off genesis as an original thought that you just had. That is true indoctrination. Congratulations!! You are fully assimilated into the hive.

Try harder Woodcarver.

I went to school for civil and structural engineering. Later on i studied material analysis. There are only a few people in my area that do this, so i will not post my title, but basically i look at materials and test their efficacy for specific projects. Things like structural density, tensile strength, load capabilities, and sometimes material identification, or material quality.

Did you want to hire me? I can build you some cabinets or I can tell you if your diamonds are real.

Just like Madonna!

On your website they were advertised as, and I quote "Actual Real Working Harry Potter Wands".
While shipping was speedy I soon realised that it wasn't a real wand as advertised. It didn't work.

Wow!! That is some amazing creative writing. Are you comfortable giving false witness like that? Are you able to tell lies without feeling any kind of guilt?

Oh, I'm the liar?

don’t know what that is, aren’t you the guy who was pretending to be an atheist for an entire thread, and then later pretended to be some kind of vicar of a parrish? You pretty much discredited yourself. Now here you are making up some other kind of story. I’m not sure what you’re up to, but if you are trying to discredit me by pretending you know me, it will only backfire on you.

This might actually be the most pathetic attempt i have seen so far on this site, and i’ve been here for a while. Even Randy hasn’t stooped this low as to simply make stuff up about me.
edit on 24-5-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Agreed.

Well, i guess if you can’t articulate a real response, you might as well promote your band.

I told you before, Arabrot isn't my band.

I'm actually a member of The Rolling Stones...

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Lol

Or can we?

Try harder Woodcarver.

Just like Madonna!

Oh, I'm the liar?

don’t know what that is, aren’t you the guy who was pretending to be an atheist for an entire thread, and then later pretended to be some kind of vicar of a parrish? You pretty much discredited yourself. Now here you are making up some other kind of story.

I didn't pretend to be anything!
I am an atheist.
And I also happen to be the Vicar at our local Parish.

How very dare you, sir!

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Agreed.

Well, i guess if you can’t articulate a real response, you might as well promote your band.

I told you before, Arabrot isn't my band.

I'm actually a member of The Rolling Stones...
Pathological

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Lol

Or can we?

Try harder Woodcarver.

Just like Madonna!

Oh, I'm the liar?

don’t know what that is, aren’t you the guy who was pretending to be an atheist for an entire thread, and then later pretended to be some kind of vicar of a parrish? You pretty much discredited yourself. Now here you are making up some other kind of story.

I am an atheist.

How very dare you, sir!
Whatever.... if you want to play games, you should try to make them fun, or at least make sense.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Lol

Or can we?

Try harder Woodcarver.

Just like Madonna!

Oh, I'm the liar?

I am an atheist.

How very dare you, sir!
Whatever.... if you want to play games, you should try to make them fun, or at least make sense.

I think you'll find this will clear up your confusion.

You're welcome...

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

Why are you posting these crap music vids? What do they have to do with the OP?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join