It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School shooter used SHOTGUN AND REVOLVER

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Agreed. It's a bigger problem. I meant there are two levels of approach long and short term. The long term is figuring out the reason American youth does this so often. It looks like we have had 7 incidents this year that were mass shootings and non gang related. That is nuts.

How about a temporary gun confiscation order with a quick appeal process? I don't understand why that is so hard. You get a chance to make your case that people are lying about your stability. Instead when they make these laws they don't give you due process.
edit on 19-5-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
So, you put "revolver" and "shot-gun" in all caps in your title like it was a "good thing".

In 2018 we've had 40 school shooting already.

www.abc15.com...

Guns kill people.

First off, a shooting does not equal a death.
Secondly, there have been THREE mass shootings at schools. The rest were fights or domestic disputes that took place on campas property.
Thirdly, i put the type of weapons in caps because all the gun banners have been screaming about the last decade is "BAN THE ASSAULT WEAPONS" and here we have a shooting not done with assault weapons, which highlights the folly of the assault weapons ban.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Agreed. It's a bigger problem. I meant there are two levels of approach long and short term. The long term is figuring out the reason American youth does this so often. It looks like we have had 7 incidents this year that were mass shootings and non gang related. That is nuts.

How about a temporary gun confiscation order with a quick appeal process? I don't understand why that is so hard. You get a chance to make your case that people are lying about your stability. Instead when they make these laws they don't give you due process.

I think you got that backwards. Shouldn't the state have to prove that you ARE crazy, rather than you prove your sanity?

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

The daily wire listed 7. Even 3 is every 2 or three months.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Well, he shouldn’t have been able to get hold of his father’s guns. Were they locked up like they should have been?

This is why we should require by law guns be locked up at all times, and we should have random checks to make sure they are - I believe there are other countries that do this.

If they had been properly locked up, this kid wouldn’t have been able to shoot anyone.

If Adam Lanza’s mother had properly locked hers up, he wouldn’t have been able to shoot anyone.

UGH.

If this shooter and Adam Lanza had not been able to get their parent's guns by stealing them (incidentally, maybe they WERE locked up and he broke into the safe, it can happen) they would have gotten a gun anyway.

As for random checks....that's unreasonable search, and a 4th Amendment violation at the very least.

A locked up gun does no good for home security if locked up "at all times"

Cars kill more people than guns (rather, their owners do) yet I'm fairly sure you don't lock up your keys when not in use. Maybe a Government official should come to your house and see your murderous vehicle's keys are safely locked away, and then turn your house inside out looking for your unregistered spare set.

I tell you, the way some people basically BEG for tyranny is astounding.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I think he used guns because:

A. All the other kids who shot up schools used guns, so it was the cool thing to do and,

B. He knew he had easy access to some guns.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

www-m.cnn.com...

Benton, parkland, and this one. The rest are just violence. Come on, be real here. Media is trying to inflat the numbers by adding anything they can. For gods sake, they included a case where someone got shot with a bb gun.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

Many people have multiple guns.

There are still recommended safety procedures even when having a ccl. Which is have it on you or locked up. Particularly if you have kids. Gun education does help this.

However simple things like keeping your cc on you and unlocking your gun cabinet at night or putting your shotgun near you at night and then locking it up when you aren't home is recommended by most gun experts. Bolting your safe down as well.

But yes there are plenty of guns in circulation. The ideal situation is to have a real perimeter in gun free zones. It's not a gin free zone without a perimeter. The sticker doesn't work accept for the good guys. Who then don't have their guns.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt

www-m.cnn.com...

Benton, parkland, and this one. The rest are just violence. Come on, be real here. Media is trying to inflat the numbers by adding anything they can. For gods sake, they included a case where someone got shot with a bb gun.

You think tell daily wire which dismantled CNN claim is adding anything.

Or perhaps you are going in with confirmation bias.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Anything involving removing rights granted by the constitution won't work and shouldn't be an option. But we as a society need to be willing to discuss things even the ones that are uncomfortable. I just think that the approach of trying to figure out what changed from the time when this kind of thing didn't happen, it's a better thing than putting band aids on a severed artery. When changes are proposed that include the person and not just the tool, I think we will be moving in the right direction.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Yes, I know.

I have been through the CCL class.

However, Kayla clearly said locked up "at all times"

I was pointing out how ridiculous that statement was.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
If you are talking about this article...
www.dailywire.com...
Then they are doing the same thing CNN did. They are trying to inflate that number of mass school shootings by trying to pass off violence as a school shooting. If its not like Columbine, parkland, or this one, its not a mass school shooting, its just violence. But they cant portray it that way cause people with just shrug off violence. They heard about someone shooting someone all the time. Thats normal. There is no ratings in that.
edit on 19-5-2018 by Whoisjohngalt because: Spelling

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

There is nothing unconstitutional about a gun protective order with due process. And as already stated we also need to find the root of the problem.

However if you are a schizophrenic hearing voices there is evidence of this it may be a good idea to come up with a way to temporarily remove firearms with a due process in a short time period that would allow the person to state their case and be reinstated with the record removed if necessary.

It seems like you are on autopilot with your argument.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt
If you are talking about this article...
www.dailywire.com...
Then they are doing the same thing CNN did. They are trying to inflate that number of mass school shootings by trying to pass off violence as a school shooting. If its not like Columbine, parkland, or this one, its not a mass school shooting, its just violence. But they cant portray it that way cause people with just shrug off violence. They heard about someone shooting someone all the time. Thats normal. There is no ratings in that.

The actually did not do what CNN did and requalified as students and multiple victims.

Like I said though. 3 is every 2 months this year.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

Yes, I know.

I have been through the CCL class.

However, Kayla clearly said locked up "at all times"

I was pointing out how ridiculous that statement was.

I was also trying to point it out. By explaining what is common practice.

People without guns are afraid of them like being afraid of the unknown.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

One itty-bitty problem with your "solution". I haven't done anything wrong. When will my trial take place? Against whom am I supposed to have done wrong?

So punishment before the crime??

See? There's the really big problem with your solution.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Its reported that it was an assault shotgun and assault revolver.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I think he used guns because:

A. All the other kids who shot up schools used guns, so it was the cool thing to do and,

B. He knew he had easy access to some guns.

I agree. It has become the cool thing to do. Social media plays a big part in making it cool.

Now it looks like suicide pacts, just like like in the movies, is the cool thing on social media, causing an increase in teen deaths.

The deadliest thing in our society right now is social media. Maybe instead of guns, parents need to be more concerned with taking away those pesky cell phones.

Maybe we should go back and modify the old, "It is 10 o'clock, do you know where your children are?", PSA announcement, to do you know what your child is doing and who they are talking to?
Mother posts video about teen suicide pact in Okeechobee

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
He said it was important that he didn't shoot anyone he liked so that his story could get told.

He is fantasizing about becoming the object of "Columbiners" desires.

As soon as any of the professional investigators stumble upon that rabbit hole, all of these mass school shootings will be explained.

Take one awkward teen + Baphomet + Social Media + sex craved pansexuals = motive for mass murder.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

One itty-bitty problem with your "solution". I haven't done anything wrong. When will my trial take place? Against whom am I supposed to have done wrong?

So punishment before the crime??

See? There's the really big problem with your solution.

It's not a solution it is a point to discuss. There are already protective orders and restraining orders. Even if you haven't been proven to do anything wrong. Then you get a quick trial. The trial would need to happen withing a couple weeks and have a protocol to establish cause. You also have a right to privacy unless there is probably cause.

Can you carry a gun if you are drunk? On drugs? What about if you have a ccl and a bag of weed?

It seems absolutely moronic to not discuss that a person who has a history of mental illness is telling people his dog is telling him to kill school children and is stocking up on arms to be evaluated.

But hey it was just a discussion.

My actual solution is to 1st set a real perimeter that is enforced like a courthouse does.

And to study how this is happening to American youth. What the factors are, what can be done etc..

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join