It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School shooter used SHOTGUN AND REVOLVER

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Just pointing out that this latest shooter was most likely a Republican since he posted Nazi-related pictures before the shooting. It’s too bad your info graphic didn’t include registered Republicans, I would have liked to see that.
edit on 19pmSat, 19 May 2018 15:07:29 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt
There definitely is something making kids crazy. I dont know what it is. Maybe its the mood altering drugs that they like to put loud little bous on, maybe its the isolation and disconnection that comes with being able to construct your own bubble online. I know thay ALMOST 100 years ago (1921) you could buy a tommy gun through the mail. You could keep guns in your trunk at school. Kids could go hunt on thier own. Guns were tools and in society without this kind of thing happening. And unless we address whatever is causing kids to act like this, murderers will just move to the next most effective tool available

Nothing wrong, it is called Gang recruitment or parental issues. School is where they recruit young people to join gangs since the Cold War. It isn't going to stop be the Gov/Governor of the state isn't stopping it stupid. Yes, I called you stupid.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Just pointing out that this latest shooter was most likely a Republican since he posted Nazi-related pictures before the shooting. It’s too bad your info graphic didn’t include registered Republicans, I would have liked to see that.

Go look at the pictures of this kid's jacket. He has a communist hammer and sickle pin on the lapel. He also has the Nazi Iron Cross on his lapel. Does the communist pin make him a Democrat? Does the Nazi pin make him a Republican? How about it makes him neither. He is a kid that was bullied. He wrote disturbing things on FB apparently but that page has been removed. Why don't we stop trying to assign a political party to these people. They don't represent either party.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: network dude

I think he used guns because:

A. All the other kids who shot up schools used guns, so it was the cool thing to do and,

B. He knew he had easy access to some guns.

I agree. It has become the cool thing to do. Social media plays a big part in making it cool.

Now it looks like suicide pacts, just like like in the movies, is the cool thing on social media, causing an increase in teen deaths.

The deadliest thing in our society right now is social media. Maybe instead of guns, parents need to be more concerned with taking away those pesky cell phones.

Maybe we should go back and modify the old, "It is 10 o'clock, do you know where your children are?", PSA announcement, to do you know what your child is doing and who they are talking to?
Mother posts video about teen suicide pact in Okeechobee

This. Wonder how loud the screaming would be if “kids” were asked to turn in their electronic devices. I imagine the argument would be unreasonable search and seizure - imagine that. I think you are spot on with your assessment, but since it doesn’t involve blaming the NRA or gun owners, it will likely be ignored.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

As a point of discussion, or a p lace to start, OK, I'm good with that.

Can you carry a gun if you are drunk? On drugs? What about if you have a ccl and a bag of weed?

Only a fool would drink to drunk, and carry. I certainly didn't when I used to drink. Should the mere act of carrying it be against the law, as its use under the influence already carries rather hefty punishments.

It should be the same, of course, with drugs/weed.

It seems absolutely moronic to not discuss that a person who has a history of mental illness is telling people his dog is telling him to kill school children and is stocking up on arms to be evaluated.

Sorry, but not at the expense of my rights. If that sounds cold, I'm truly sorry about that. For the sake of some illusory safety, I'm to have my rights suspended pending some form of evaluation? Nope. If that hypothetical person ranting about his dog telling him to shoot kids is out there, David Burkowitz comes quickly to mind, then there will be tells that should be reported to the proper authorities. Isn't that what we're supposed to do?

But hey it was just a discussion.

Hey, it is a discussion. Happy to have one.

But when the discussion being had hinges on me having to give up rights, then it's going to be a short one. In the last two to three days in other discussions on this issue, I've seen people advocating for violation of the 2nd, 4th, and 14th amendment rights of gun owners. So you'll pardon me, I hope, if I'm a tad bit reluctant?

My actual solution is to 1st set a real perimeter that is enforced like a courthouse does.

Fine. Schools should be secure, and that's easily enough done without violating my rights in the process. I don't think I've seen you advocate for that, not that I recall, but others have.

And to study how this is happening to American youth. What the factors are, what can be done etc..

Absolutely! I'm all for that. Fight the cause, not the tool. Actually it's causes, as there are more than one, I'm almost positive.

If that's the discussion you want to have, let's have it. That's the one that should be happening.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

But he didn't use a van. He used his father's guns.

And as I said, if he couldn't have gotten them, would he have gave up? I don't know, but since he went ahead and killed his classmates, it stands to reason that he was resolved in his decision. Why did he feel like this was the right choice? Was it because guns existed? Because his dad had guns? Or were the guns just the thing he used to direct his anger?

No he would have just set off the pipe-bombs and pressure cooker bombs he had set up all over the school and possibly killed many many more.......

I suppose then they would want to restrict access to fertilizer and plumbing equipment

But everyone pushing this gun control agenda are CONVENIENTLY leaving out the fact he had bombs too......because it doesnt forward the narrative....
edit on 5/19/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I have been advocating since the first post I made in this thread and historically to set a perimeter.

Like I said as well I shoot twice a week. I do three gun races. I used to have a ccl before moving to a state with no carry law.

However. There are no rights violated if you have due process. That is literally how the law goes....felons also can't own guns without appeal.

Is a search with probable cause against the constitution? Not according to the Supreme Court. The most conservative judges even. The 4th is a right correct?

If you have a hearing after a confiscation and it is quick like for restraining and protective orders and if found to be falsely accused it is erased from your record I can't see how this is a rights violations.

But please explain how this differs from laws that have existed since Thomas Jefferson.

Let me also say I wouldn't be for a non speedy due process confiscation or if a person were to remain on a list if proven to be no psychotic. And what can the authorities do? If you aren't for people ranting about killing people being checked out?

You have to remember these drugs psychotropic also make people psychotic.
edit on 19-5-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread, or followed this too closely. I don't see the media losing their minds with 24 hr coverage of it, so it's likely a legit event.

That being said, has anyone found out how many meds he was on?
edit on 19-5-2018 by canuckster because: Auto correct spelling

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I imagine that pump shotguns that can hold lets say 8 rounds will get heat after this.

I think the revolver will be ignored.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: canuckster

Probably none.

Medications rarely cause violent thoughts and those are specific ones.

It's his fault for pulling the trigger.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: darkbake

Go look at the pictures of this kid's jacket. He has a communist hammer and sickle pin on the lapel. He also has the Nazi Iron Cross on his lapel. Does the communist pin make him a Democrat? Does the Nazi pin make him a Republican? How about it makes him neither. He is a kid that was bullied. He wrote disturbing things on FB apparently but that page has been removed. Why don't we stop trying to assign a political party to these people. They don't represent either party.

AND a Japanese flag pin

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dvolbrn

Probably none.

This is wholly and utterly factually incorrect

www.cchrint.org...

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

Its true. They want those tactical weapons, battle field weapons, scary guns. They have plans for us and combat weapons in the hands of we the people make us less controllable, gives us a bigger mouth. Plus it scares them.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Probably none.

Despite 27 international drug regulatory warnings on psychiatric drugs citing effects of mania, hostility, violence and even homicidal ideation, and dozens of high profile shootings/killings tied to psychiatric drug use, there has yet to be a federal investigation on the link between psychiatric drugs and acts of senseless violence.

Fact: At least 35 school shootings and/or school-related acts of violence have been committed by those taking or withdrawing from psychiatric drugs resulting in 169 wounded and 79 killed (in other school shootings, information about their drug use was never made public—neither confirming or refuting if they were under the influence of prescribed drugs).

Fact: Between 2004 and 2012, there have been 14,773 reports to the U.S. FDA’s MedWatch system on psychiatric drugs causing violent side effects including: 1,531 cases of homicidal ideation/homicide, 3,287 cases of mania & 8,219 cases of aggression. Note: The FDA estimates that less than 1% of all serious events are ever reported to it, so the actual number of side effects occurring are most certainly higher.

www.cchrint.org...

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Probably none.

Despite 27 international drug regulatory warnings on psychiatric drugs citing effects of mania, hostility, violence and even homicidal ideation, and dozens of high profile shootings/killings tied to psychiatric drug use, there has yet to be a federal investigation on the link between psychiatric drugs and acts of senseless violence.

Fact: At least 35 school shootings and/or school-related acts of violence have been committed by those taking or withdrawing from psychiatric drugs resulting in 169 wounded and 79 killed (in other school shootings, information about their drug use was never made public—neither confirming or refuting if they were under the influence of prescribed drugs).

Fact: Between 2004 and 2012, there have been 14,773 reports to the U.S. FDA’s MedWatch system on psychiatric drugs causing violent side effects including: 1,531 cases of homicidal ideation/homicide, 3,287 cases of mania & 8,219 cases of aggression. Note: The FDA estimates that less than 1% of all serious events are ever reported to it, so the actual number of side effects occurring are most certainly higher.

www.cchrint.org...

Sad as it sounds, that sounds like an episode of any number of shows where the government is experimenting on unsuspecting citizens and they start killing. Yet there are still those on these boards who refuse to believe the government could be complicit in these school shootings. Whether the FDA, CDC, CIA, DIA, etc., they all know the vast manority of Americans trust EVERYTHING they do.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

Probably none.

www.cchrint.org...

Sad as it sounds, that sounds like an episode of any number of shows where the government is experimenting on unsuspecting citizens and they start killing. Yet there are still those on these boards who refuse to believe the government could be complicit in these school shootings. Whether the FDA, CDC, CIA, DIA, etc., they all know the vast manority of Americans trust EVERYTHING they do.

Oh right so now the government is involved ,couldn't just be some nutter who has access to weapons he shouldn't...no it's the government now killing kids so that they can take your guns away, to me your statement sounds like the ramblings of a paranoid nutter....

edit on 19-5-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: network dude

But he didn't use a van. He used his father's guns.

And as I said, if he couldn't have gotten them, would he have gave up? I don't know, but since he went ahead and killed his classmates, it stands to reason that he was resolved in his decision. Why did he feel like this was the right choice? Was it because guns existed? Because his dad had guns? Or were the guns just the thing he used to direct his anger?

No he would have just set off the pipe-bombs and pressure cooker bombs he had set up all over the school and possibly killed many many more.......

I suppose then they would want to restrict access to fertilizer and plumbing equipment

But everyone pushing this gun control agenda are CONVENIENTLY leaving out the fact he had bombs too......because it doesnt forward the narrative....

The same as arming teachers or armed guards every 75 feet is a stupid narrative. Unless you secure a perimeter and you know exactly what enters the building as best as possible like a courthouse neither banning guns or arming staff is going to stop it.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Lab4Us

Probably none.

www.cchrint.org...

Oh right so now the government is involved ,couldn't just be some nutter who has access to weapons he shouldn't...no it's the government now killing kids so that they can take your guns away, to me your statement sounds like the ramblings of a paranoid nutter....

That’s okay. Most of your posts sound like that to me...maybe next time read and comprehend what I write before replying. Huge difference between “could be” and “is”.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

The reason why my posts sound that way to you is because you're putting your own delusional bias onto my statements, I imagine you find paranoia in about everything you do and see......

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Well, he shouldn’t have been able to get hold of his father’s guns. Were they locked up like they should have been?

This is why we should require by law guns be locked up at all times, and we should have random checks to make sure they are - I believe there are other countries that do this.

If they had been properly locked up, this kid wouldn’t have been able to shoot anyone.

If Adam Lanza’s mother had properly locked hers up, he wouldn’t have been able to shoot anyone.

Is this sarcasm? My ability to process sarcasm is insufficient. I shall therefore respond as if this were a real comment.

The student was an athlete respected by his peers, and benched 185 lbs. His capacity to acquire a masonry bit and a hack saw or angle grinder from the home depot, then use these tools to quickly access the contents of a gun safe approaches 100% A few currency units dedicated to cutting wheels on an angle grinder will make mince meat of tungsten steel. Ceramic cutting bits will likewise cut through any imaginary adamant fortifications gun safe advocates might proffer.

Gun safes are only a deterrent for small children and thieves who cannot be expected to risk the loud noise of a power tool in the middle of the night. Gun safes do nothing to stop an adult sized family member with even 1 days wages from a Taco Bell, Paper Route, or Lawnmower job from cracking the safe while the parents are away at work with a known schedule.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-5-2018 by skynet2015 because: instructional video included

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join