It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School shooter used SHOTGUN AND REVOLVER

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The U.S. CDC says that 24 children, age 16 and under, are killed by guns every week in America.

Source: www.nbcnews.com...

Tragic, sad, and preventable.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Not all shootings are going to use AR-15s. You have to look at how many use them overall. Also, there is plenty of media coverage. It’s been all over the place.

If he did use an AR-15, there could have been even more damage done.

This brings up an important point. You see people all the time say "i dont want to ban guns. Im for common sense gun control like background checks and banning assault weapons" trying to sound middle of the road.
My question for them is this...

In the future, after the Assault weapon ban and universal back ground checks become law, Is this what an acceptable mass shooting looks like?

I mean, no assault weapons where used. The kid stole guns from a legal gun owner. There not really much that could have prevented this. So the gun control collective will just shrug,, say thats a shame, do a gofundme for the families, and call it a day right? No more gun control pushing.
Or is it what every gun owner knows to be true already, that after the AR bans, someone will use a shotgun for violence, and that will be the next target of the left?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

edit on 18-5-2018 by Whoisjohngalt because: Double post

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

IMHO, these kids are total narcissists who are doing this for attention and FAME (or infamy if you prefer). And the news media outlets like CNN are totally culpable because we will hear nothing else in the news besides this for the next two weeks. They are doing it because they know their names will be plastered all over cable and the internet for a long time. I definitely think this was the only motive for Nicholas Cruz. The news needs to stop sensationalizing these shootings now.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They're killed by people.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

You dont know much about gun safes do you? If you can open it with a dremel or grinder you bought a locking cabinet and not a gun safe. The easiest way to rate a gun safe is to know its fire rating. For example if its rated 30 min for fire it's a quarter inch of steel. 3 hours and your talking over 1 inch of steel. However if you can open it with a dremel dont waist your money for 250.00 you can get a gun cabinet that no dremel will cut through.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
If this tweet is accurate looks like he was a deplorable. Good job right wing hate media. You are doing your job well. You know how how to pull the strings of mental midgets. mobile.twitter.com...

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
If this tweet is accurate looks like he was a deplorable. Good job right wing hate media. You are doing your job well. You know how how to pull the strings of mental midgets. mobile.twitter.com...

What about the Coaches and staff that bullied him along with people at school? Are they accountable? Seems to me hate directed at him is what pushed him to this point.....

or does that not fit your narrative to demonize "right wingers"?
edit on 5/18/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Mach2

My parents/grandparents didn't need a gun safe. The kids knew, upon certain unspecified punishments (death, imho...), that those guns in the closet, and in the nightstand were forbidden territory and not to be touched.

Oddly enough, they trusted that it'd be enough. Equally oddly, it was.

It was similar for me my dad taught me never handle a gun unless he was there. And growing up he gave me access to two guns which were mine. I had to clean them take care of them and they stayed in his closet. I could get it out if I asked. Had a 22 and he allowed me to target practice when I was 16. However I have a son now and times have changed. I have a gun safe and my son cant access it at all so what's changed?

The simple answer is I grew up in an area we could go outside and shoot. My son never had that option so he not used to firearms like i was as a kid. I try to teach him but i dont have the time to take him to rangers and continually teach him gun safety. My son knows how to clean and fire a rifle but he doesn't have near the experience I did at his age. This lack of experience leads to a lack of trust meaning I keep them locked up at all times.

So what's changed is people can no longer shoot on their properties i live on 4 acres and still cant fire a rifle without a visit from the police.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Whats changed is how we treat each other.......

When we were younger, we might not even like one another but we had respect for human life.....and if we had a beef, we took care of it........parents were parents, school teachers were also mentors and disciplined bad behavior.....

We didnt have so much disdain for other people and turn so quick to narcissistic hate.....sure it happened SOMETIMES , but not like people do today.....

We see it all the time #savage #moneymoneymoney , people bragging about cash over relationships and peoples feelings......

What our society has become and continues to push as whats "important" is what are churning out people like this , who bully people 24/7 with no regard for how their actions affect people.....

There was a time where if someone was being beatn in the street or something bad was happening people would step in to help........

Now they just want to video tape it and put it on Facebook or Youtube.......

You cant tell me that sh!t doesnt have an impact on the mindset of youth, and indeed society...
edit on 5/18/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Not all shootings are going to use AR-15s. You have to look at how many use them overall. Also, there is plenty of media coverage. It’s been all over the place.

A shotgun is far more dangerous then an AR 15. Judging from what I heard about injuries he was using bird shot. They had one kid shot twice he was hit once played dead then decided to get up and run and was shot again. The other thing was the hospital making a claim about a pellet gun. They didnt realize a bird shot shell is smaller then a BB.This tells me he wasn't using slugs or buck shot. What saved lives here is either the kid didnt know bird shot was in the shotgun or he couldn't get access to anything else.
edit on 5/18/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

which may be exactly what he wanted another member posted it so i wont copy paste it but its in the main shooting thread page 20. he may think he will get attention from the women like the florida shooter did (letters nudes etc) so he got taken alive and could think that he will get attention in the media and from people he would not otherwise get as his motivation . the post also breaks down what symbols he had and used pretty decently

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

A shotgun is far more dangerous then an AR 15. Judging from what I heard about injuries he was using bird shot. They had one kid shot twice he was hit once played dead then decided to get up and run and was shot again. The other thing was the hospital making a claim about a pellet gun. They didnt realize a bird shot shell is smaller then a BB.This tells me he wasn't using slugs or buck shot. What saved lives here is either the kid didnt know bird shot was in the shotgun or he couldn't get access to anything else.

Good thing he didnt know about cut shells or adding wax.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

They move on. Coming out against all guns right away wouldn't work. Incremental additions to the message is key.

There is little subtly here but at least they made an attempt at slowly ratcheting it up.

I am just wondering what's next for the likes of your first poster? What in the Constitution should go next? Apparently they are fine with random searches of private property to ensure everything is up to snuff. Maybe we just do away with private property? I guess if the authorities can have access to it at any time, how private is it really?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Hmm.... That's Interesting...........

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Tragic, Sad, and Preventable.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

They move on. Coming out against all guns right away wouldn't work. Incremental additions to the message is key.

There is little subtly here but at least they made an attempt at slowly ratcheting it up.

I am just wondering what's next for the likes of your first poster? What in the Constitution should go next? Apparently they are fine with random searches of private property to ensure everything is up to snuff. Maybe we just do away with private property? I guess if the authorities can have access to it at any time, how private is it really?

Well the fourth amendment is already a shadow of what it was supposed to be that any creative agent of the state can get around, so probably the first amendment.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Main problem now is the family unit is broken, kids are insane, full of mental problems and brainwashing, while lacking any coping skill.

For centuries kids dealt with plenty of crap growing up. Guess what, you tied up your boots and got on with it.

Of course, modern insane lefty feminism doesn't help, always attacking men. Now some are getting so angry and depressed, they figure why not go out with a boom.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I think it is due time for gun owners to start taking responsibility for their own instead of pretending that we don't have a problem. In order to preserve your rights you all should be leading the charge toward common sense gun laws before you end with no common sense gun laws.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: dragonridr

Whats changed is how we treat each other.......

When we were younger, we might not even like one another but we had respect for human life.....and if we had a beef, we took care of it........parents were parents, school teachers were also mentors and disciplined bad behavior.....

We didnt have so much disdain for other people and turn so quick to narcissistic hate.....sure it happened SOMETIMES , but not like people do today.....

We see it all the time #savage #moneymoneymoney , people bragging about cash over relationships and peoples feelings......

What our society has become and continues to push as whats "important" is what are churning out people like this , who bully people 24/7 with no regard for how their actions affect people.....

There was a time where if someone was being beatn in the street or something bad was happening people would step in to help........

Now they just want to video tape it and put it on Facebook or Youtube.......

You cant tell me that sh!t doesn't have an impact on the mindset of youth, and indeed society...

You hit the nail on the head. This is not a gun issue, it's an issue with a broken society. We have nurtured this behavior throughout the years and are now seeing the sour fruits of our labor. It's been a slow train coming but appears we have arrived at a pivotal point in time. I'm at a loss for words for a tangible solution to repair all that is broke. If it was as easy as banning guns I would be all onboard, but that will not address the real issues that ill us as a society.

When I was young we had a shotgun, rifles and stack of ammo in the closet, my elementary school held a NRA safety course for 6th graders and we carried pocketknives to school. Nobody ever talked or thought about shooting up our school and classmates. How times have changed. Society is severely broken.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join