It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Society is destroying young men.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ReligiousQuestionDude

It started when 'TheQuorum™' took out Adam's first wife and replaced Her with the subservient "Eve". Then they went through ALL the religious™ texts and removed any that had the female as being EQUAL. Same type Men were hoping that Women were NEVER given the right to vote.

Now lets see.. The Bible™ was copied at least 250 years after the main character was 'In Body' so whats that? 1600 hundred years of having to put up w/inequality? Frickin' whoooores.

Then I'd guess they all drove away in their BIG RED TRUCKS

How about ALL the worthless Pieces of SNIPs who impregnate and leave?....

Whats the old saying??? Oh yeah... MAN UP!!!!
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It is kind of interesting on the completely unrelated comments on this thread. Almost like an attempt is being made to derail this conversation. What would cause such a reaction? Insecurity? Or maybe they are just manly men that are so secure in their identity that they have to point it out to the world, continuously.

And from such established and esteemed members none the less. Intriguing.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
And from such established and esteemed members none the less.

There are no esteemed members in this thread, we're all losers, trust me.

edit on 18-5-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

That is one way to look at it, a revolt by the females in that society. Have you researched on the herbivore much?

Have you researched on what type of work ethic is expected in that society or read about the conditions of marriage?

I wonder if there are other explanations for what is going on in Japan?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Kudos to you for doing your part as a parent. If everyone did that we probably wouldn't even need this discussion.

On a side note about your mom. When the stuff came out about Cosby and all the sexual and abuse scandal I talked to some older ladies 70 & 80s and they were all cheering on the young women, they said they wish they had done it in their young age but were afraid to rock the boat in any way. It made me so sad. Almost every single one was physically or sexually abused. Many many many women just took all kinds of abuse and just lived with it. Maybe these changes are hard but I see a lot of good in them.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Some of us fully recognize we are losers and learn a lot about the people throwing those insults.

Then there are the jokers.
edit on 18-5-2018 by ClovenSky because: Can't spell - because I am a loser and proud of it

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Perhaps it's just me, but I don't think a crybaby thread on a web site will help any males feel more masculine.

I don't feel society affecting my masculinity in any way. In fact I feel more confident in my abilities than ever.

I know, right? Whining about not being treated manly enough...

That's a pretty interesting strategy, but I don't think it'll work. I don't know if you remember it, but a year or 2 ago there was a thread complaining about Tony Starks being replaced as Iron-Man by an African American girl. I'm getting the same vibes from this one.

(Found it: PC Pandering GONE WILD: "Iron Man" is now 15 year old black 'Iron Teenage Girl'

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Then there are the jokers.

I wasn't joking, I'm a loser.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: ReligiousQuestionDude

i dont have a problem with any of it and i do not feel neglected or degraded at all.

kind of wish people like you would stop bitching.
you sound like me asshole boss that likes to bitch about the 'fags' and the 'feminists' ruining everything.

You have a daughter. The world is her oyster.

The toxic masculinity thing is 100% ridiculous, as is the "feminism" of today. But I DEFINITELY would not say the world is a girl's oyster.

Not even close, not in any arena.

Statistically speaking, she has the much more likely route to success, and that was my point.

The much more likely route to success.....what does that mean?? Not trying to be an asshole- I really am not sure what you mean there.

What Ket means is that we're given preferential treatment over men, especially in skilled work, when it isn't fair or warranted to do so. It's akin to Affirmative Action, but for gender -- we have a big leg up in the work world whether people admit it or not.

Edit: At least, that what I think Ket meant. If not, she can correct me.

Do YOU think that? Women have a leg up in the work world and are given preferential treatment??

Where? And in what work world?

You may be in a generation or two behind me, because I don't see this. I'm 40 and I've not yet experienced preferential treatment for my gender nor have I experienced having an advantage in the work world. I've always been awarded jobs and promotions based on my talent, skills, expertise, experience, and contributions. Or are you suggesting that my successes were bcause I'm a lady?

In fact, I HAVE run into men getting preferential treatment in the work world, more than once. Certainly not at all like it used to be, but it has happened in my world.

Women used to have the disadvantage regarding societal and career privledges (and other things) for sure- I doubt anyone is going to argue with that. And for what it's worth, other members of my fair sex: what good does it do for us to have a chip on our shoulders about what was done to women in the past? If it's not still happening? How long does it have to be improved/fixed before we let it go??

Women are treated much more equally now but I would not say the issue has been eradicated. Probably never will be completely eradicated, but that's because we are humans and its like that with all societal issues (racism, for example). There will always be a set of people who just can't see anything but their own way of thinking.

Back to my question- can you give some examples of where women are given preferential treatment and where they have a leg-up in the work world?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I don't have to research it, I'm Asian.

It's not so much a revolt as much as it is an uprising of women. They don't want to be housewives anymore.
Even though many opportunities were available women were still expected to prioritize getting married stay home and make babies. Then when the babies were all grown, the women were expected to take care of her husbands aging parents.
So instead they choose to not get married.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: chrismarco

Kudos to you for doing your part as a parent. If everyone did that we probably wouldn't even need this discussion.

On a side note about your mom. When the stuff came out about Cosby and all the sexual and abuse scandal I talked to some older ladies 70 & 80s and they were all cheering on the young women, they said they wish they had done it in their young age but were afraid to rock the boat in any way. It made me so sad. Almost every single one was physically or sexually abused. Many many many women just took all kinds of abuse and just lived with it. Maybe these changes are hard but I see a lot of good in them.

The big problem I see isn't with wanting abuse to stop, but it seems the movement is to paint all men as abusers.

I'm not going to lie. I've had my brushes with abuse (emotional/mental and once sexual). But as a woman who honestly prefers the company of men to most other women, that is not surprising, and I will say that I have known and had good relationships with many, many guys, and out of all of them from the ones in my family on to others who are just casual. I've only had problems with two.

That is a much tinier ratio than what so many feminist groups want you to believe the problem is.

I feel bad because I look at the wonderful guys I know, and I feel like they're being maligned for being men, for being who and what they are. I feel like they're being attacked for being horrible people and told to stop being who and what they are because that's a problem. I feel like they're being told start more like the people in this world I can't stand -- petty, backbiting women who use their feelings as weapons in underhanded ways.

And, God help me, I'm now the mother of a son and expected to raise him to be like that when that's not who and what I am myself?!

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I will NOT hold your murse, but if you are a confident man willing to hold my feminine purse for me, you'll have a pretty easy time with whatever plans you might have for later.

Is it a Louis or Gucci because I would so hold that s*** if it were.

Depends on which purse. No woman has just one purse (or pair of heels).

link   
-
edit on 18-5-2018 by Ohthewey778 because: There's been a horrible accident..

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Somehow I pictured your internal self image much differently.

Since you claim the loser title there wouldn't be much further loss in stating your opinion on this subject.

How about it? (or maybe some type of genius redirection on misunderstanding the entire subject)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Yep. The weapon of identity politics has turned women and minority groups into the Pavlov dogs of a select few in power. They ring the bell and dogs obediently react they way they want them to in order to secure and maintain that power over them. Real empowerment comes from within the individual, not from a small, select group of people that claim to be empowering you when in actuality all they are doing is controlling you.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

No woman has just one purse (or pair of heels).

I'm married, KG, my wife has heels she hasn't even worn yet.

edit on 18-5-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

And you have lived in Japan and experienced their culture first hand?

But your response gives me hope. That is exactly the reaction I encounter the majority of the time when debating this subject. That view will do more for this movement than anything else.

Thank you

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Somehow I pictured your internal self image much differently.

It's called self deprecating humor. As a matter of fact, most people would kill themselves if they could reincarnate as me.

Since you claim the loser title there wouldn't be much further loss in stating your opinion on this subject.

Sure.

How about it? (or maybe some type of genius redirection on misunderstanding the entire subject)

Setting aside your douchey snideness I think this issue is the same as any other and is not cut and dry. Are there loonies that want to marginalize all men? Sure. Are they marys who wouldn't know what to do with a woman if someone handed them the required 10,000 page instrcution manual? Sure.

I personally do not think there is an overly concerted effort to emascualte the male population nor do I think most males are rape-y scumbags ambivalent towards the concerns of women.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The internet will always have weirdos and identity politics, but these professors actually teaching toxic masculinity classes need a giant, manly mushroom print across their cheek.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

No woman has just one purse (or pair of heels).

I'm married, KG, my wife has heels she hasn't even worn yet.

Oh didn't you hear? It's the next trend. Shoes that aren't even designed to be worn, placed in a glass box made out of computer designed zebra flesh embedded with light flashing diamond dust designed by a designer with a mechanical rat on his head.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join