It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Society is destroying young men.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

yeh I think my first actual girl crush from music was Diana Ross!

I just remember holding my mums vinyl and Diana Ross in this super glittery shiny sparkly dress and I knew that moment
I was in love with her!
think I was only like 6 or 7 hahaha

this is just another one of those threads where someone is offended by something some group or movement is doing , and we treat it as though its the whole world who is doing it , Alot of women in the UK dont associate with feminism , the mainstream because they are now categorised as crazy men hating women , who are all fat have pink hair and love cat memes. Of course this is not true , there are only a handful of of people and we tar everyone wit the same brush attitude is common among humans !

I see it happening all the time !
when society just isnt that black and white !
there are simply far too many variables in human culture and nature itself to reduce it to a simple formula!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I have to admit I had a thing for Nichel Nichol's, I was very young and the original star trek was one of the few sci fi show's plus she was a hottie.
But Dianna Ross was undeniably a hot lady.

And yes, spot on it's all cultural crap that has gotten too messed up, too many people pulling the same argument in too many direction's but then that is and always has been the way of the world, if it was not this then it would be something different but they would still be arguing about something.

edit on 22-5-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ReligiousQuestionDude

A strong man raises strong men. Some may need a little more ass kicking, but you never give up.

Society is the antagonist in a mans story. Always has been.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I have to say that the words used in this discussion confuse me.

What I took from the OP:

- Feminism = blue haired lesbians hating men
- Masculinity = Being better, higher up, getting paid more and able to touch up women at work
- Detrimental to masculinity = everything that stops men being the leaders of others

Now here are the terms as I understand them:

- Feminism = being seen as an equal human being and not some play thing that is shaggable but shouldn't talk or interfere in the big boy's fun. What it doesn't mean is that I want to turn into a guy, look like a guy, want to work on an oil rig or get more money. I also don't want men to turn into metrosexusal idiots as it is highly unmasculine and not attractive to a full blooded woman. I just don't want to feel like a little furry animal that is cute but should shut up.

- Masculinity = A man being a man. Not a greasy haired wife beater who gets drunk every night with his male friends but an intelligent, masculine protector [yes you read that right, I am smaller and more vulnerable. When I was a teen, my best friend [F] used to protect me] A man who can stand their ground when it gets dangerous, who doesn't need to be away from his soulmate [wife/girlfried] just to have fun. Bring on the tattoos or beards or whatever you got and have them proudly, I don't like guys with lady buns and sandals. You can be a man and not treat women like fluffy idiot toys.

Detrimental to masculinity: Nothing is detrimental to masculinity if you are a man in the first place. If you however listen to your yoga and green tea drinking mates then it's your own fault.
Also all the dads who don't get custody. There are hearings you know and maybe you are just not as suitable for bringing up a kid. Sometimes it is unfair but that's life, there are a lot of unfair things happening to all of us in various situations.
A dad isn't a mum, and courts rightly make the person that carries and builds a baby for 9 months whilst feeling like # and facing the possibility of death during that time, a more valid choice than the guy who shagged for 5 min and then came.

Last but not least. Women and men are frigging different. 1600 biological differences. No, women can't do everything men can do, we haven't got the body nor the interest in it. But if one wants to and she is able to, why not give her a try?
Men can't build life in their bellies. We are different, what I ask is for some men [ I know a lot of proper, decent guys, especially my masculine husband] to step down from their high horse and the thought that it has to be a man's world or else everything will go down the drain.

What I do agree in is that feminists nowadays are a joke, that they do not represent women, nor a healthy ideal. And those men that become all woossified have only themselves to blame.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join