It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Society is destroying young men.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I was going to offer my opinion but I need to get my mani/pedi now and get in touch with my feminine side. Can one of you stud muffins hold my murse?

I mowed the lawn and drank beer doing it, go get your mani/pedi. Make us look nice. DB can make the cookies and lemonade.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
This is what happens when we let women vote.

SMH

Aaaaannnndddd drive.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

I mowed the lawn and drank beer doing it, go get your mani/pedi. Make us look nice. DB can make the cookies and lemonade.

Do you like your cookies and lemonade with bourbon? Because that's how you get cookies and lemonade with bourbon.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: Jefferton

Lol I sense a pansy ass, anti masculine metro sexual, pussy whipped dude who would have trouble getting laid in a whore house. Or a feminist birch who touts female power but I doubt would get in a ring with man of equal size and weight.

Jaden

I'm a happily married man, to a good woman that I treat right.

I'm a real man, not some bitter keyboard warrior.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ReligiousQuestionDude

Excellent rant. I love the attacks that don't really offer anything is retort but simply vilify the messenger. From the reactions here, no one even wants to touch the subject and will instead throw insults like cuck, incel, manchild, misogynist and many others. I love those labels and claim them all. I guess it is wrong to simply ask those questions?

From some of the responses, everything is just great and dandy. There is no need for concern. But there are those of us that know exactly of what you refer to and that number is growing daily. There is no need for support groups or rights groups as reality itself is the greatest converter. With what is occurring recently and the amount of young boys that are now recognizing this stumbling block, this will continue to grow and will grow large enough that even the most stubborn will be forced to acknowledge.

I hope it doesn't stop. We will have learned nothing if this trend is reversed at this point.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Do you like your cookies and lemonade with bourbon? Because that's how you get cookies and lemonade with bourbon.

Bourbon cookies and bourbon works.

My husband has made bourbon chocolate chip cookies before, they are AWESOME.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: TinySickTears

i dont have a problem with any of it and i do not feel neglected or degraded at all.

kind of wish people like you would stop bitching.
you sound like me asshole boss that likes to bitch about the 'fags' and the 'feminists' ruining everything.

You have a daughter. The world is her oyster.

The toxic masculinity thing is 100% ridiculous, as is the "feminism" of today. But I DEFINITELY would not say the world is a girl's oyster.

Not even close, not in any arena.

Statistically speaking, she has the much more likely route to success, and that was my point.

The much more likely route to success.....what does that mean?? Not trying to be an asshole- I really am not sure what you mean there.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Let's take a look at Japan. It is a highly misogynist society. Now that women have closed the pay gap they are choosing not to get married and have kids. Why do you think that is? No I'm serious. The reason is that it sucked to be married to these "manly men" so the first chance given, women would rather do it alone, so much so the birth rate is at crisis levels. Korean and many other places are soon to follow.

Who fights wars? Men, but who starts most wars
Who grows crops? Women historically were the crop growers while men hunted.
Who leads most of the countries, maybe this needs to change so we have less wars and hunger???

Society needs better people in general, not just disciplined men, but they need less people with such a narrow mind.

You say " But do you know what all these have in common? They are completely neglecting, and in some cases, degrading the male gender." And how does that feel my friend, because that is what women have gone through for ages!!! We have been property, have not had voting rights I could go on all day. Now that these things are becoming more equal you don't like it, well isn't that precious!

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: Jefferton

Lol I sense a pansy ass, anti masculine metro sexual, pussy whipped dude who would have trouble getting laid in a whore house. Or a feminist birch who touts female power but I doubt would get in a ring with man of equal size and weight.

Jaden

I'm a happily married man, to a good woman that I treat right.

I'm a real man, not some bitter keyboard warrior.

Well congrats, but to be fair this is in the Rant forum. You could've just skipped on to the next topic.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

i dont have a problem with any of it and i do not feel neglected or degraded at all.

you sound like me asshole boss that likes to bitch about the 'fags' and the 'feminists' ruining everything.

The toxic masculinity thing is 100% ridiculous, as is the "feminism" of today. But I DEFINITELY would not say the world is a girl's oyster.

Statistically speaking, she has the much more likely route to success, and that was my point.

The much more likely route to success.....what does that mean?? Not trying to be an asshole- I really am not sure what you mean there.

What Ket means is that we're given preferential treatment over men, especially in skilled work, when it isn't fair or warranted to do so. It's akin to Affirmative Action, but for gender -- we have a big leg up in the work world whether people admit it or not.

Edit: At least, that what I think Ket meant. If not, she can correct me.
edit on 5/18/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I was going to offer my opinion but I need to get my mani/pedi now and get in touch with my feminine side. Can one of you stud muffins hold my murse?

I will NOT hold your murse, but if you are a confident man willing to hold my feminine purse for me, you'll have a pretty easy time with whatever plans you might have for later.

See? Not all women buy into the toxic masculinity crap.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
You say " But do you know what all these have in common? They are completely neglecting, and in some cases, degrading the male gender." And how does that feel my friend, because that is what women have gone through for ages!!! We have been property, have not had voting rights I could go on all day. Now that these things are becoming more equal you don't like it, well isn't that precious!

That doesn't make it right to burn somebody back for past injustices generations later. That's called being your own low-hanging fruit.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I hope you used your femi-nazi pimp hand on him to expedite production of said cookies.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I will NOT hold your murse, but if you are a confident man willing to hold my feminine purse for me, you'll have a pretty easy time with whatever plans you might have for later.

Is it a Louis or Gucci because I would so hold that s*** if it were.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I hope you used your femi-nazi pimp hand on him to expedite production of said cookies.

Damn right I did, firmly on the ass cheek followed by a quick squeeze of it

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I’m a 40 year old male that works in the trades.. Yeah I was duped in the child custody battle.. But an overbalanced amount of 30 year old males still live at home and spend they’re free time playing video games, don’t make much money and aren’t prepared to handle a woman who is ready to settle down, which is where most women in their 30’s are.. That leaves me in a good spot.. 😋 As well, the tradesmen are getting so few and far between that I make 50-60% more money on average than most guys with good college degrees.. Heck, I make more than my neighbor who is a dean and professor at a college in town and I’m just a lowly Solar Installation Crew Lead..

So the $$ is there for the taking for a guy like me and so are the ladies.. In my opinion, that’s enough to turn the tides..

I will add.. Most male/father figures on TV are as dumb as a rock, and have no leadership in their roles. Young males are graduating high school and college with a fear of commitment and unprepared for relationships to the point where young women are going for older men as the rule.. And in the workforce there’s not enough good paying options to get the guys into their own place which stunts their growth even more..

I will agree, on some really important levels the odds are stacked against us.. But i also think that things like this ebb and flow.. Every different generation goes in a different direction looking for success and the next one will probably move toward the more masculine roles and trades to earn a living..

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Damn right I did, firmly on the ass cheek followed by a quick squeeze of it

Sounds romantic, my wife likes to put cigarettes out on mine.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I do agree that there is a push to redraw the lines of power...it is a push for equality but I doubt very much that you will hear the news state that all things are equal now. I don't think we will ever have feminist groups go away because for alot of them they need to feel superior. I think the a lot of the feminist groups that are created today will become the good ole girls club of the future.

I'm not a fan of boxing or MMA because I don't particularly care to see two people beat the crap out of each other. It bothers me more to see two women go hand to hand...not because I'm sexist but because I expect that a woman wouldn't stoop to such behavior. If aggression and brutality is a another measure of equality than we are digging ourselves a bigger hole than we realize.

With that said all this stuff does not bother me nor deter me from teaching my two sons how to grow up to be respectable young man. I really do wish my mother had some of the opportunities and respect that is common place today. I wonder how differently things could have turned out for both of us if she didn't live in a house with an abusive dad..
edit on 18-5-2018 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

I don't think the creator of this post has not chimed in which leads me to believe he is trolling for responses...
edit on 18-5-2018 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco
...I don't particularly care to see two people beat the crap out of each other.

Not a fan of marrige, eh?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Read the article I posted, or even just the excerpt that I quoted.

Do I need to quote it again?

I am not sorry that we have worked so hard to rectify the way education was geared against women, but in doing so, we've gone overboard and it is now geared against the way boys grow and develop cognitively, and I'm not making it up. It is research supported and statistically born out.

Odds are that a young girl entering our education system will learn mostly from other women, using lesson plans and materials developed by other women through a female cognitive lens. They will be taught in classrooms whose structure and discipline expectations are geared for the behavioral patterns of little girls.

There is a reason why way more boys than girls, for example, are referred for and medicated for things like ADHD and it isn't always because they actually have it. It is because boys are naturally more active than girls, but schools are cutting recess. This impacts young boys far more than it impacts young girls and it hurts them by making it harder for them to let their energy out and come back to class and focus.

That's just one impact.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join