It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Cosby

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Salamandy

She hasn't actually accused him on anything yet, I don't think.
But she was in her teens and he was a successful powerful person.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: Annee

I'm 37 and went to see my doctor last week and we were alone in the room, what about when the patient leaves and the nurse presuming it's a woman, is alone in the room with the doctor?
you basically saying expect men to rape and expect women to cry rape. that is a distorted view of the world.

No you're saying that.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

Right so she could be intimidated back then. What about her parents though? They wouldn't have noticed anything?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Salamandy

As a said she hasn't as far as I know accused him of anything. But your argument is flawed anyway how many children suffer sexual abuse and their parents are unaware. And that's kids, let alone someone in their late teens.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

Yes that is very sad. Anything is possible. Seems like a lot of work to keep all the lawyers working to hush the accusers meanwhile he had a very busy showbiz career, always in the spotlight. We shall see perhaps...

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
This whole thing reminds me of a situation that happened in our town several years ago. A well-respected man in the community, a civic leader, a church leader, businessman, etc., was not actually raping young girls but was molesting them and had been doing so for decades. But because he didn't actually rape them, there was never any evidence against him. That was, until one little girl decided to take matters seriously and bit him in an area that never should have been exposed to the child.
Following her charges, dozens of women came forth. It was a difficult thing for me to wrap my head around but I knew several of his victims and knew they had no reason whatsoever to lie about a thing like that. I had never seen any side of this man except the one he presented to the public.
I feel much the same way about Cosby. I've only seen the public man. As much as I don't want to believe badly of him, I know that the private man can be a totally different person.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
...until one little girl decided to take matters seriously and bit him in an area that never should have been exposed to the child.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Doctors never used to have a nurse in the room with them. Now, today, they wouldn't dare not.

Absolute nonsense.

If you live in a world like this, you should perhaps consider whether something you're doing is the cause of it - because this certainly isn't the default.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maluhia
Rumors are swirling that Lisa Bonet's behavior towards him (how she distanced herself from him and the show) may be related to these allegations. She just sent an interesting tweet --
hollywoodlife.com...

Bonet's manager says that's a false account and did not originate from her.

Lisa Bonet's Tweet is a Fake

A cryptic tweet posted on an unverified Twitter account in Lisa Bonet's name that has been construed as a veiled comment about sexual misconduct allegations surrounding Bill Cosby was a hoax, according to the actress' manager.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Dunno what to think here. So bare with me, as I'm kind of just putting down a collection of thoughts regarding this topic.
-I like Bill Cosby, alright. I mean, I'm glad that he is a good role model for the general public, in that he says that people should take responsibility for themselves, speak properly, and have children that they are able to take care of. Good for him.
-People have dark sides, but that isn't an excuse for his actions if this is real.
-I find it very hard to believe that so many women would come out and say that he assaulted them. Many of the women actresses...What do these women gain from accusing an old man that is primarily doing stand up comedy at this point?
-If it isn't true, I feel insanely sorry for the man. I mean, look at Michael Jackson. He was accused. His name was cleared, and the accusations followed him to the grave.
-I watched an interview where Cosby was asked about the accusations, where his only response was "We don't talk about that." He was so smug about it, in my opinion. And personally speaking, if I was accused, I would be doing everything in my power to clear my name. His silence is suspicious.
-Bill Cosby has been getting accused since November 2002, starting with Andrea Constand. In February 2005, Tamara Green accused him. In March 2005, 13 other women are noted as Jane Doe witnesses to Bill Cosbys acts. June 2005, Jane Doe 5 goes public, Beth Ferrier, whom had a relationship with Cosby in the 80's. In June 2006, Jane Doe - Barbara Bowman goes public. November 2006, Andrea Constand and Bill Cosby settle. Details are not disclosed. 13 other women do not testify. My question, why did the 13 other women NOT testify? December 2006, Bowman says the assaults happened in the 80's. This is now the second woman to announce it was in the 80's. November 2014, Joan Tarshis goes public, with accusations from 1969. Another old accusation. Why? Linda Joy Traitz accuses him of attempting to drug her in the early 70's. Janice Dickinson accuses him of rape in the 80's. Carla Ferigno (wife and manager of an actor), Louisa Moritez (another actress), and Theresa Serignese (a nurse) all accuse him of assault in the 70's. Kristina Rheuli (1965), Renita Cheney-Hill (no year, also an actress) and Angela Leslie (a model, 1992) accuse Cosby of assault. Jewel Allison ( a model) also accused him of assault in the 80's.
-WHY ARE THE MAJORITY OF THESE ACCUSATIONS FROM YEARS AGO? You cannot tell me it was 'dangerous' to accuse a man, specifically a man of color back then. The world has always been incredibly racist, and you cannot tell me that every person would side with a black man in the 60's-70's-80's. Come on, now.
-Janice Dickinson said in her interview and memoir that she was given pills for her period cramps. When she woke up there was semen between her legs. Why did she not get it tested? Wouldn't there be a mix of blood and semen? That being considered, if there was semen between her legs, shouldn't there have been semen left in the bloody mucus inside of her? Sorry for the TMI there, but it would have been easy to get tested.
-The model Jewel Allison, after the first assault, took a dinner invitation from Cosby where she was assaulted again. Why did she meet with him again?
-Frank Scotti said that he used to have to send money to women as a pay off for Cosby. Tamara Green said in her accusation that Cosby left two 100 dollar bills for her after the deed was done.

Basically, I think it's a possibility, but I sincerely hope it's not true. In cases like this, I always treat it Guilty until proven Innocent. Which I think is fair in assault and rape cases. Maybe not all of these stories are true, but I think at least a couple might be. Stories like this don't just pop up from no where. At least not this many.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic
November 2006, Andrea Constand and Bill Cosby settle. Details are not disclosed. 13 other women do not testify. My question, why did the 13 other women NOT testify?

Because the suit was settled out of court. Once Constand was paid, she dropped the suit. Why didn't the 13 other women file a suit? Maybe they couldn't afford to. Maybe they didn't want the publicity or the hassle.

November 2014, Joan Tarshis goes public, with accusations from 1969. Another old accusation. Why?

To support the women who had spoken out before her.

-WHY ARE THE MAJORITY OF THESE ACCUSATIONS FROM YEARS AGO? You cannot tell me it was 'dangerous' to accuse a man, specifically a man of color back then.

Because that's when they happened. It's humiliating, embarrassing, shameful and scary as hell to be raped. The last thing someone wants to do is put themselves in the limelight and bring attention to themselves.

Yes, it's easy to be tested, but once a person has been violated, it's VERY hard to think rationally and then, there's the fear that no one will believe you - or worse yet, say that you wanted it... Being accused of lying about it is nearly as bad as the deed.

Stories like this don't just pop up from no where. At least not this many.

True. I didn't want to believe it at first, but with his silence on the subject and all the women's stories, I'm afraid it's true.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Sometimes a rapist is just a rapist. He's a rapist. He could just use his huge amount of power back then to get sick, but he wanted something different then just sex. He wanted to rape. When he tells you to go wet your hair and take these pills. Don't do it!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I'm not saying they didn't happen then. I'm just saying... Women are going to be taken more seriously if they report it soon after it happens. Not 30 years later. And even 30 years later, with accusations, nothing can be done, because of Statute of Limitations... Which mind you, I think should be thrown out the window. But it probably won't be.

We need to teach women that the sooner they report things like this, the better because they are brought justice and they protect potentially hundreds more people from feeling the they felt. When we thought my sister was raped by her father one weekend when she and my siblings had visitation to see him, we immediately took her to the hospital. And guess what? It was taken seriously. Hers and my siblings visitations were terminated, and soon after his girlfriends children were taken away. I thank whoever it is that controls fate that they took care of it because who knows how much longer it would have gone on for. Who knows if he was doing the same thing to his girlfriends daughters. All I knew is what he did to me when I was young (he'd been in my life since I was two.) and what he did to my sister. It's a shame it had to be my sister to get him caught, though. But guess what? She saved potentially hundreds more young girls, and at the least, she saved the girls who later became her stepsisters. I just don't understand the point in waiting. You might get shamed a little, but you are saving numerous people by speaking out. And I think that greatly outweighs shame.

If Cosbys accusations are real, I hope he is put away. People do not change. Especially rapists. And I know that first hand. If they let Cosby go, despite being guilty, they will have spread the word that rape is okay if the rapist is famous. And that is not okay.
edit on 24-11-2014 by Lyxdeslic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

-I find it very hard to believe that so many women would come out and say that he assaulted them. Many of the women actresses...What do these women gain from accusing an old man that is primarily doing stand up comedy at this point?

As the statute of limitations has expired all they have to gain is

vindication that their claims are valid and that his fan base gets to know

him for what he really is .... That I would imagine will serve them well

for the self blame and loathing they have endured for years .... the burden of

guilt the *victim* endures..... For that is the phycology of rape. It is way

more than the 'physical act' it messes with the head for years.

-I watched an interview where Cosby was asked about the accusations, where his only response was "We don't talk about that." He was so smug about it, in my opinion. And personally speaking, if I was accused, I would be doing everything in my power to clear my name. His silence is suspicious.

Begs the question why he wont talk about it! Its like if he says anything he may

let more out of the bag than has already come out? And yeah I'm sure he was

'smug' he's got away with it for years and he wont end his life in prison due to

the expiration of the statute of limitations time.

-WHY ARE THE MAJORITY OF THESE ACCUSATIONS FROM YEARS AGO? You cannot tell me it was 'dangerous' to accuse a man, specifically a man of color back then.

I have already explained why it takes years for this sort of thing to come

to light. When one person has the COURAGE to come forward and

the MO is the same - the others seek vindication for themselves. And as you

brought it up colour .... that's like double jeopardy ... Racist and Rape

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

We need to teach women that the sooner they report things like this, the better

NO Women don't need to be taught ...............

MEN need to know without doubt that they cannot RAPE that it is a vile

crime .... most men have mothers, grandmothers, sisters, aunties, nieces,

and I dare say some even have daughters!!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

As the statute of limitations has expired all they have to gain is

vindication that their claims are valid and that his fan base gets to know

him for what he really is .... That I would imagine will serve them well

for the self blame and loathing they have endured for years .... the burden of

guilt the *victim* endures..... For that is the phycology of rape. It is way

more than the 'physical act' it messes with the head for years.

Begs the question why he wont talk about it! Its like if he says anything he may

let more out of the bag than has already come out? And yeah I'm sure he was

'smug' he's got away with it for years and he wont end his life in prison due to

the expiration of the statute of limitations time.

I have already explained why it takes years for this sort of thing to come

to light. When one person has the COURAGE to come forward and

the MO is the same - the others seek vindication for themselves. And as you

brought it up colour .... that's like double jeopardy ... Racist and Rape

Like I said, I'm not saying it didn't happen. I'm just saying at this point it could go either way. Some of the stories are shakey, but at the same time Cosby is very suspicious. I'm supporting the females, because an accused rapist is guilty until proven innocent in my mind. But it's important to look at all sides in cases like this. In all cases, whether rape is involved or not. It's important to overthink, overcalculate, and pass on every piece of information, and every thought regarding it.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Seapeople

Bill Cosby has had rape allegations made against him for more than a decade.

You really ought to try having some idea what the hell you're talking about before you post.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

We need to teach women that the sooner they report things like this, the better

NO Women don't need to be taught ...............

MEN need to know without doubt that they cannot RAPE that it is a vile

crime .... most men have mothers, grandmothers, sisters, aunties, nieces,

and I dare say some even have daughters!!

Of my effing...
Here we go again.
No, if Heaven forbid a woman is raped, she needs to know that going to get tested after is the best thing. Because it not only protects themselves, but also potentially millions of other females. She needs to know that the sooner she reports it, the more serious she will be taken. Half of the reason many people support Cosby, despite accusations is because these women waiting 30+ years to report it. Being shamed slightly is a hell of a lot better than knowing that a rapist runs free even though you could have put him away.

Grow the hell up with the "Women don't need to be taught" bullcrap. You're right, men should know that they shouldn't rape. But guess what? Apparently they don't. It's common sense to report abuse when it happens, but people don't do that so these men run free.

We're not talking about "Oh women should be taught this and this and this to avoid rape." NO. We are talking about reporting rape after it happens. Which is common sense. But it's fine if you don't want women to report when they are raped. Or to educated about how to report it, and when to report it.

Actually. No. It's not.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

OK. Read this :-

www.rollingstone.com...

A Rape, A Brutal Assault and the struggle for justice.

How her friends don't want to be associated with reporting the offence ....as

* they may be ostracised, * tarred with the same brush, *not be invited to

other parties, .... and so on.

Every time she wants to report it she is stonewalled by authority

edit on 24-11-2014 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

a reply to: Lyxdeslic

OK. Read this :-

www.rollingstone.com...

A Rape, A Brutal Assault and the struggle for justice.

How her friends don't want to be associated with reporting the offence ....as

* they may be ostracised, * tarred with the same brush, *not be invited to

other parties, .... and so on.

Every time she wants to report it she is stonewalled by authority

Then you continue fighting. Rape isn't just a small crime. It's huge and changes the life of the victim entirely. I don't think a person that has the power to change someones life that drastically should go free. You know what? It makes more sense to continue to report that person, and tell anyone who would listen. Make it known what these people do. The victim can make new friends, move away, attend different parties, etc. They can't change the fact that they were assaulted. They can change whether or not it happens to another person by the same person.

Sorry I care more about criminals being put away rather than social status.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join