It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Cosby

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
There's a similar story playing out right now where I live. A very prominent canadian celeb has had violent sexual allegations bubbling under the surface for years but no women had ever come forward publically or to the police.

Finally an investigative reporter broke the story with a few women who were willing to go on record. The result was a dozen women coming forward with 3 filing police reports.

My point is that these victims on their own are intimidated and reluctant to come forward alone. They fear that nobody will believe them or that they'll be viewed as fame seekers or liars. Anytime you have a beloved, famous, respected person in a position of power the victim will naturally be hesitant to come forward.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seapeople
This will be quick.

Anyone else find it odd that Bill Cosby lives what by "most" accounts at this point consider a stellar life. He proceeds to tell a certain group of people that they need to be more responsible. He did this out of what I observed to be genuine care of the furture for this group. (I am no referring to colored people, but rather the NAACP)

3 weeks later out of nowhere he has people accusing him of what is as close to rape as you can get. And I mean out of nowhere.

Anyone else sense something wrong with this situation?

I can understand your initial response. When I first heard about the accusation, my first thought was extortion. Then I put on my tin foil conspiracy hat. Ever since Obama was elected, I've had fears that we're being herded towards a race war.

But then I had NEVER heard about all of the OTHER accusations from about a dozen different women spanning DECADES.

www.tvguide.com...

www.foxnews.com...

What sealed Crosby's guilt (in my mind) was his response to a question about the accusations. I can't find the exact quote, but it was something like, "I don't need to respond to these sexual 'innuendos'."

Innuendos? These aren't "innuendos" -- these are ACCUSATIONS of RAPE.

So another icon falls. Remember Jimmy Savile? I'm beginning to think David Icke's descriptions of a depraved sexual underground that serves the needs of the rich & powerful just might be true.

What is equally nauseating to Crosby's sexual misconduct (to put it mildly), is the cover-up over the decades by numerous corporate & entertainment industry "enablers."

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic

Then you continue fighting. Rape isn't just a small crime. It's huge and changes the life of the victim entirely.

It appears that I am more aware of that than you ...some points from

your post at the top of the page>>>>

# I find it hard to believe that so many women would come out and say

he assaulted them

# What do these women gain from accusing an old man

# If it isn't true

# WHY ARE THE MAJORITY OF THESE ACCUSATIONS FROM YEARS AGO

I don't think a person that has the power to change someones life that drastically should go free. You know what? It makes more sense to continue to report that person, and tell anyone who would listen. Make it known what these people do.

These 'men' are usually in a privileged and powerful position in respect to

their *victims* ....Remember Bill Clintons denial of Monica Lewinsky ? just

one that comes to mind.

The victim can make new friends, move away, attend different parties, etc. They can't change the fact that they were assaulted. They can change whether or not it happens to another person by the same person.

So the *victim* is to be victimised AGAIN? .... She is to move away from her

family and friends, school, job?? And hey she has just been humiliated,

degraded abused but she is required to think of others when she can

hardly get her mind round what some sick pervert has done to her??

Sorry I care more about criminals being put away rather than social status.

Whilst I would happy to see a rapist get life my compassion, and empathy

is with the victim and their need to heal.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The most I knew about Bill Cosby was his show..I liked it, but knew nothing about him.

Ever since hearing about him telling others how to dress and act in public...he became a douche to me.

If he is guilty of something, then good for him. His holier than though attitude smelled over conservative BS and it would be good to bring down.

You don;t like how young black dress and acts...the go F yourself...who was he to tell other on how they should express themselves.

I don't care for that type of dressing mainly because I could not walk around with my pants falling off...lol

Side not...I have found that people who claim to be against this and that and do it aggressively...are just fighting their own demons. Like religious folks or other saying coming to denounce the actions of gay so fervently and attacking them....those are just people fighting their own demons and desires.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AuranVector

originally posted by: Seapeople
This will be quick.

Anyone else find it odd that Bill Cosby lives what by "most" accounts at this point consider a stellar life. He proceeds to tell a certain group of people that they need to be more responsible. He did this out of what I observed to be genuine care of the furture for this group. (I am no referring to colored people, but rather the NAACP)

3 weeks later out of nowhere he has people accusing him of what is as close to rape as you can get. And I mean out of nowhere.

Anyone else sense something wrong with this situation?[/quote

I can understand your initial response. When I first heard about the accusation, my first thought was extortion. Then I put on my tin foil conspiracy hat. Ever since Obama was elected, I've had fears that we're being herded towards a race war.

But then I had NEVER heard about all of the OTHER accusations from about a dozen different women spanning DECADES.

www.tvguide.com...

www.foxnews.com...

What sealed Crosby's guilt (in my mind) was his response to a question about the accusations. I can't find the exact quote, but it was something like, "I don't need to respond to these sexual 'innuendos'."

Innuendos? These aren't "innuendos" -- these are ACCUSATIONS of RAPE.

So another icon falls. Remember Jimmy Savile? I'm beginning to think David Icke's descriptions of a depraved sexual underground that serves the needs of the rich & powerful just might be true.

What is equally nauseating to Crosby's sexual misconduct (to put it mildly), is the cover-up over the decades by numerous corporate & entertainment industry "enablers."

aurenvector, you keep spelling his name crosby...the name is Bill COSBY...might want to fix your your post...and ,yes I think he is guilty

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996
WHAT about escaping from the cops? AREN'T those pants hindering THAT. HIDING guns OK but running THAT is funny.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

In 2006, Cosby settled a civil lawsuit with Andrea Constand, 32, a former Temple University employee who claimed Cosby drugged and sexually assaulted her in his Philadelphia mansion in 2004.

It was at that trial that 13 women came forward to allege they too were drugged and sexually abused by Cosby.

www.dailymail.co.uk... s.html

F*** this guy.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100

aurenvector, you keep spelling his name crosby...the name is Bill COSBY...might want to fix your your post...and ,yes I think he is guilty

Thank you, research100, for the correction. Shows you how big a fan I was of Cosby.

I am not allowed to correct my post. I'm getting a message that I've exceeded the 4 hour window -- ATS must be on another time zone.

Edited to reformat.
edit on 24-11-2014 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777
Really? After all of these years, even when the statute of limitation has expired? In all of that time, they never once brought, persued, make noise, even brought it to the media attention? Sought justice and to raise the awareness of the public? As I stated, this sounds funny and something does not seem right.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
a reply to: Stormdancer777
Really? After all of these years, even when the statute of limitation has expired? In all of that time, they never once brought, persued, make noise, even brought it to the media attention? Sought justice and to raise the awareness of the public? As I stated, this sounds funny and something does not seem right.

A question to all the 'nay sayer's' who think the women are in it for

gain or, to bring a 'good man?' down ....

IF Bill Cosby is innocent WHY doesn't he sue for *libel*

>>>>> Definition of *Libel* an action for causing hurt or damage to

someone's reputation.
There are two forms of libellous action, when

in writing it is 'defamation' if spoken it is 'slander' .... but either way it is

*Libel*

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia
I am not saying if he is guilty or not, I do not have the evidence in front of me. I can only believe the man is innocent, as that is the justice system we live under. And thus the question remains, why now. Why not after it occured, or a week or a month, or a year or even 2 or 3 years after such, why now are the allegations coming forward?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

One would imagine time constraints and stress. Not to mention how difficult it is to see through SO many lies that are smoke and mirrors..AFTER the damage is done.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I am not saying if he is guilty or not, I do not have the evidence in front of me. I can only believe the man is innocent, as that is the justice system we live under. And thus the question remains, why now. Why not after it occured, or a week or a month, or a year or even 2 or 3 years after such, why now are the allegations coming forward?

If you have read 'every' post in this or the other threads pertaining

to the same subject you would not keep referring to the above ^^^^^

It has I think been made very clear by many members.

In fact I put a link about that very reason on an earlier post where I

replied to a post of yours on the VERY SAME subject

You obviously didn't click on it? ....

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Why not after it occured, or a week or a month, or a year or even 2 or 3 years after such, why now are the allegations coming forward?

I would ask you to REALLY imagine that, as a teen, you got the opportunity to meet one of your favorite actors. You loved this guy and finally got the chance to meet him and at the end of the evening, your world is shattered as he turns on you and violates your person by raping you...

You are more ashamed and embarrassed than you have ever been. You don't tell anyone about it because how would your friends respond to knowing that you were raped? How hurt and freaked out would your parents be? Who would believe you over this famous, happily married actor? You decide that you'll just keep quiet about it and bury it and go on with your life. And you do your best to do that.

20 years later, you learn that several other people have accused this actor of raping them when they were teens. You realize that you were wrong to keep it to yourself, but what can be done now?

The fact that you keep asking the question above shows that you really have no clue. 80% of women don't report rape. Why? Sour ce

...in many cases because they have little confidence that their attacker would be brought to justice.
...they would be too embarrassed or ashamed of the incident to admit it.
...the legal system, the media and society at large is unsympathetic to rape victims.
...the myths that women invite rape by dressing provocatively.
...many women can’t talk about these crimes for fear of being treated unsympathetically.
...negative public attitudes have a harmful impact.
...juries will not convict a man of rape if his alleged victim was drunk or was not subjected to violence

There is your answer. In other words, it's because of people like you, who would rather believe the rapist than the raped.

I can only believe the man is innocent

edit on 11/25/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I think that you have presented an excellent example of the thought process involved. I would only add that any of these girls would have known that not only was no one going to believe them, they would be painted as gold-digging, lying, harlots, and that there could be very tangible consequences for them or their families if they spoke out. Not to mention, even now many don't consider drugging a girl really rape. They blame the girl for putting herself in that situation and assume that she is lying or that she "wanted it".

There is every reason in the world why these women did not say anything until now.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

One would imagine time constraints and stress. Not to mention how difficult it is to see through SO many lies that are smoke and mirrors..AFTER the damage is done.

"Time constraints and stress?"

"See through SO many lies that are smoke and mirrors"......

Now who are you referring to? The *victims* or the *perpetrators*

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It almost feels like Cosby made some deal in exchange to get a life of success and wealth and importance and now it's time to pay his dues. Whether the deal was supernatural based or secret society based his life is definitely a train wreck now. If he did commit those acts then he deserves it.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
So he liked to bang hot, young models back in the day. I suppose it's not the worse thing he could do. And how about the woman accusing him, she packed her bags and went on vacation with him after he had previously already taken advantage of her? Silly broad.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: duaneology

In 2006, Cosby settled a civil lawsuit with Andrea Constand, 32, a former Temple University employee who claimed Cosby drugged and sexually assaulted her in his Philadelphia mansion in 2004.

It was at that trial that 13 women came forward to allege they too were drugged and sexually abused by Cosby.

www.dailymail.co.uk... s.html

F*** this guy.

He wanted this settled so he did just that. Those other 13 women probably smelled the money..
edit on 25-11-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

He's almost DEAD,it would take YEARS to clean that up which is the idea by the way. And WHO actually doesn't know how often people get set up like this? Money talks.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join