It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Cosby

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Bill Cosby has had an excellent run in life...

apologizes to Camille and his daughters. just being facetious. no apologies.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: KingIcarus

I never heard of it before now

If that's the case, I can only conclude that Cosby has been using lawyers to gag the American press. Probably the alleged victims too.

There's definitely been many reports in the UK about it over the years.

I make no comment on his potential guilt though, I should say. I don't know much about him really, he's more famous for being "famous in America" over here - although I've seen a bit of his stand-up which I thought was pretty good.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Bill Crosby can rape his way to a cushy retirement.. but Assange has to flee to an embassy over the fear of being extradited over a broken franga.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seapeople
This will be quick.

Anyone else find it odd that Bill Cosby lives what by "most" accounts at this point consider a stellar life. He proceeds to tell a certain group of people that they need to be more responsible. He did this out of what I observed to be genuine care of the furture for this group. (I am no referring to colored people, but rather the NAACP)

3 weeks later out of nowhere he has people accusing him of what is as close to rape as you can get. And I mean out of nowhere.

Anyone else sense something wrong with this situation?

Well sometimes when a person takes the moral high road on something those who really know them will come out. Just imagine what these women thought when they heard his admonishments to young black males. They probably though "wow what a hypocrite".

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Former Picture Pages cast member claims Bill Cosby started drugging and sexually assaulting her when she was 15 - and it lasted four years as he paid her college tuition

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... -years-paid-college-tuition.html#ixzz3JjcaTtQI
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This is an interesting case. The girl was flying in whenever Bill called and would spend the night in his hotel? What was she thinking and what were her parents thinking? Parents really that stupid? Didn't think there may be more to his paying college tuition......or keeping parents mouth shut as well. Maybe parents had an idea what was going on but "baby is our meal ticket".

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
I read today that Janice Dickinson has come forward saying he drugged and raped her.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm not any more sure than anyone else what the reality of Cosby is, but I do know over the years she's changed that story several times from 'he approached me and I turned him down' to now, 'oh yeah he totally raped me'. Janice has run through the gamut of celebrity rehab type reality shows and at this point (IMO) is ready to say anything to get someone to point a camera at her.

Hollyweird. No one knows what's really up in that cesspool.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

before you throw janice under the bus, and yes she has problems, she mentioned stuff about cosby when she was on the howard stern show

He played an interview that Janice did in 2007 on his show. She mentions Cosby and that “he is a bad guy”. She talked about “something bad” he did to her but wouldn’t say for fear of being sued by him. She said it happened in the early 80s. She is not telling the whole story. Her interview on Stern was back in 2007 long before all these women came out. She had nothing to gain by talking about it. I totally believe her story. Cosby is a sexual predator.

and for the blind gossip item, many are guessing lisa bonet from the cosby show...she left under weird circmustances and she has never been in the cosby reunions or gettogethers ....notice the actors from the cosby show have been quiet except raven symone...she said he did nothing to her....

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
instead of telling young black men to pull up their pants, he should have pulled up his.....and if Cosby had sex with a 15 year old, that is commonly called statutory rape, and the perpetrator is called a pedophile

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Pedophilia is sex with pre pubescent children.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: wissy

Well, that says it all, doesn't it? He has no shame in demonstrating how, he thinks, a healthy young man's mind works. As a successful "movie star", hobnobbing with "Rat Pack" members, these accusations aren't too surprising to me.

Lot of misogyny and male entitlement going on in Hollywood in those days.

What nobody has addressed yet though, is how Cosby is said to have tons of pills available, and offers these women these pills. "Take these", he was said to say.

Who just takes pills that someone gives them without asking "Why?" or "What will it do to me"!? Did none of the women know about Quaaludes? Jeeze! In those days everyone was popping, snorting, dropping out and tuning in! There's just no accounting for stupid!

As far as TVLand, etal, cancelling the re-runs and the Cosby marathon set for Thanksgiving Day, it's a darn shame for the rest of cast, who will suffer from the lack of royalties, and the viewers who had the idea of wholesome TV fun for the kids, that day. It was a classic show! Damn Shame!

PS: 'Aint it fun reviving an old thread from 2005 with a banned OPer!? hehe)

edit on 22-11-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Lot of misogyny and male entitlement going on in Hollywood in those days.

That's my thought. There was a lot of craziness going on in the 70s/80s.

There's been a couple celebrities recently with sexual and drug accusations from that era. It wouldn't surprise me if others are accused.

It was a free love and drug era. And Yes, people did just take pills without asking what they were.

Why though? Why now? Does someone feel the need to clear their own conscience?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

It was a free love and drug era. And Yes, people did just take pills without asking what they were.

Really? Hey, I did just about anything that offered to me, in those days, but I always knew what it was I was taking. Oh well. It just seems to me that Cosby didn't drug these women, they willingly drugged themselves. Cosby just took the action of accepting and taking the pills as assent to anything he would like to do to them, after the fact.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

a reply to: wissy

Who just takes pills that someone gives them without asking "Why?" or "What will it do to me"!? Did none of the women know about Quaaludes? Jeeze! In those days everyone was popping, snorting, dropping out and tuning in! There's just no accounting for stupid!

If all this is true - and I have no idea as, like I say, I don't know much about Cosby - then it's not massively surprising that a young woman would take those pills, stay in his home, even return again and again etc etc. Sexual abusers are all about opportunity, and it's perfectly credible that a well known and wealthy celebrity would use that leverage to target his victims.

Young girls trying to 'make it' are very likely indeed to do what they're told by someone who seemingly holds sway over their ambitions. It's like the old maxim of dressing for the job you want, not the job you have - you do what you can to fit in.

I don't know if 'stupid' is the right word for doing that, naivety is probably more accurate. Cosby's alleged modus operandi seems very honed for preying on naivety.

Again, I make no comment on the authenticity of the allegations - but this kind of thing certainly goes on in entertainment. It's been a real issue here in the UK over the last few years.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

They may have accepted the pill, doesn't mean they consented to sex.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

here is a really interesting article

www.thedailybeast.com...

one of the stories about taking pills he offered (from the article)

Green claims that while she was a model doing cosmetic and Coca-Cola commercials in the early ’70s, Cosby employed her to help him open a private Los Angeles nightclub. Suffering from flu symptoms one day, she decided to call in sick. Cosby invited her to lunch at the club that day. “Maybe you’ll feel better,” Green says he told her. When she arrived at the club, she reports that Cosby offered her some pills that she says he told her were the cold medicine Contac. Ten minutes after taking the pills, she reports that she “was really stoned, I mean, smashed.” Cosby then offered to drive her home and when they got to her apartment, she alleges that he attacked her by attempting to take off her clothes.

“I started fighting him and he’s kissing on me, peeling off my clothes,” she said.

After Green started screaming and threatened to throw a lamp through her window to get someone’s attention, she says Cosby finally let her go. As a final indignity, Green alleges that he dropped two $100 bills on her end table and left.

“That infuriated me,” she said.

edit on 22-11-2014 by research100 because: added a bracket

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Really? Hey, I did just about anything that offered to me, in those days, but I always knew what it was I was taking. Oh well. It just seems to me that Cosby didn't drug these women, they willingly drugged themselves. Cosby just took the action of accepting and taking the pills as assent to anything he would like to do to them, after the fact.

I don't think it's unusual for that era.

A lot of people had wall to wall mattresses on the floor. It was common to have sex with the person sitting next to you, just to have sex.

One girl I knew who, loved to go to Hollywood parties, said some required women to be topless just to get in. Like that doesn't lead to more.

Playing an innocent victim years later doesn't work for me. I have been in situations. But, I take full responsibility for being in that situation, in that era.

Times have changed. It's not that way anymore. But, it was then.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

There ya go! A liar and rapist!

originally posted by: WilsonWilson

They may have accepted the pill, doesn't mean they consented to sex.

Please, don't get me wrong. I agree with you, 100%!

But, when I was young and if a guy I was with offered me Quaaludes, or whatever, I would have expected him to make a move on me.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Playing an innocent victim years later doesn't work for me. I have been in situations. But, I take full responsibility for being in that situation, in that era.

Times have changed. It's not that way anymore. But, it was then.

Yep!
My sentiments exactly!

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Isn't it time to start believing the women? All 15 of them?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Cosby allegedly told Janice Dickinson (the supermodel that accused him) that the pill would help with her cramps. It sounds like he lied to suit the situation and people trusted him. He was (to me) one of the most trustworthy people around. He just had that air about him.

I never took a pill from anyone in those days unless I knew what it was. It's a stupid thing to do. But being passed out is not consent to take advantage of a person. Any honorable man (or woman) wouldn't think it's OK because she's passed out.
edit on 11/22/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Cosby allegedly told Janice Dickinson (the supermodel that accused him) that the pill would help with her cramps.

EW! That means she was bleeding!

No shame, no chivalry!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join