It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Cosby

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This will be quick.

Anyone else find it odd that Bill Cosby lives what by "most" accounts at this point consider a stellar life. He proceeds to tell a certain group of people that they need to be more responsible. He did this out of what I observed to be genuine care of the furture for this group. (I am no referring to colored people, but rather the NAACP)

3 weeks later out of nowhere he has people accusing him of what is as close to rape as you can get. And I mean out of nowhere.

Anyone else sense something wrong with this situation?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
yeah, i thought it funny too.

we really cant be sure what kind of character celebrities have through the veil of the TV, but Ive always felt good about Cosby. Who knows. If nothing else, he's a REAL leader for his people - unlike the NAACP - whose motto should be "aint to proud to beg."

-not trying to open a can of worms here, but Cosby is pro-active, and looks into the future - pushing for real change, not just cosmetic.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Bill Cosby has been accused of sexual assault? I hadnt heard that. I always liked the Cosby show, i find it hard to believe he would assault anyone, but hey Hollwoods a strange place to start with. Maybe someone is trying to put him in his place, whatever that may be.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I really like Bill Cosby. I like the fact that he is sensible and isn't afraid to speak his mind. It's refreshing to see someone who cares more about calling things as they are than being politically correct.

I saw a woman being interviewed who claimed that she had the same experience as the woman who filed a law suit. She seemed credible and yet you have to wonder why someone would file a suit 30 years after the fact. Something is just not right.

Jemison

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I remember seeing last night crawl that the charges for one of the women was dropped.

But both women waited a very long time to accuse him, and one waited 30 years for God's sake. Rape victims may not be very open with what happend to them but waiting 30 years and only after someone else claimed that he sexually assualted her.

Bill Cosby is more of a person for black youth to look up and he is the one they should be looking up to. Men like him, and Martin Luther King, and other intelligent black men and women. He is 100% correct on black youth, while not all of them are like that a number of them take their rights for granted as do all youth I should say.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Even if it turns out to be true, it doesn't mean his message is any different. People have dark sides. Cosby doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would do this, but who am I to say the alligations are false because I don't want to believe them? Innocent until proven guilty, true, but the evidence can't be dismissed based on this.

For the record, I haven't heard anything about this until just now, though. Sadly, I'm sure the media will pick sides in the next couple of days and if the courts find the verdict different than what the media tells us to be true, people will be crying out "conspiracy" or "what happened to justice".

His message of accountability and responsability, however, does not change. Many leaders have had great messages but major flaws in their lives, too. For instance, Thomas Jefferson wanted equality for all people (well, men) in the US, yet didn't step up to the plate himself and free his slaves. That doesn't mean we shouldn't listen to his words.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I am not saying that they are false, though I also don't really think I want to believe them. His message to the NAACP was actually inspiring to me. I knew right away though, as soon as I heard it, that the NAACP would be mad. As a result I expected some sort of attack from them.

Coincedentally this happens. I don't know if it is true or not, I just find it to be an odd coincedence in light of the situation......

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
According to The Toronto Star he will not face charges.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the Toronto woman was the first to accuse. I doubt if the other woman will do it.

I seriusoly doubt that Cosby did it, but afterall we do all have a dark side. What really matters in a situation like this since he won't face charges is what the people think of him.

www.thestar.com.../Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1108680613106&call_pageid=970599119419
[edit on 2-18-2005 by JediMaster]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Exactly. The charges could end up disapearing. Along with them, eventually the accusars will disapear. The only one left with a tarnished reputation will be Bill Cosby.

I am insinuating a connection that may not exist I know, but couldn't this possibly be an attack at his reputation so that he suts up, and stops putting forth an agenda that makes the very group dependent on the NAACP independent?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Well, since Im labled a racist, Im not afraid to say it.. This is nothing more than an attempt to shut him up by his own people. The majority of the black population does not want to hear "Pull up your pants and learn how to speak properly" they dont want to hear " Quit making babies that you can't take care of" Hearing that makes them feel like they have to take responsibility for their own actions. It makes them feel as if they have to join mainstream society to make it in this world. Why should they have to? Shouldnt society make special concessions towards them since they ( I mean, their ancestors) endured such hardships?

I think Bill is doing a good thing for them. Unfortunatly, they dont see that. The balck mentality is to stick together. No matter right or wrong. Thats not the issue. The issue is us against them. And when one of their own turns against them, they will fight him.

Now if one of them is attacked, they will rally around them. Hell, they even are trying to make Jacksons case into something racial. Sorry to all the blacks out there, but Michael is white now. He has been since the 90s. But now that a white man is prosectuing him, here comes the nation of islam..pathetic.

I think the black community needs to listen to Bill. He makes lots of valid points. Step up to your responsiblities, quit talking ghetto trash, take care of your kids and get an education. Ya, what a race traitor.....

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Bill Cosby is 100% innocent. The problem is he spoke out against the NAACP, saying black youth need to take responsibilty for their own actions instead of blaming someone else for their gang violence, crime and increased rise in STD's. Bill was angry that after all the rights and freedoms granted to Black Americans thanks to Martin Luther King, the american (black) youth are not staying in school, glorifying gang violence throught hip hop, and celebrating Ebonics / broken English instead of embracing the opportunities finally granted to them.
The NAACP didn't like this comment very much so somebody is trying to silence Bill Cosby.
It better to be able to blame someone else for your problems then accept responsiblity for your own actions.
Remember that the poorest black man in the crappiest Ghetto in New York still lives better than 90% the the Earth's population.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
my uncle was a cardiologist @ temple university (private practice now) and knows bill cosby. He is a stand up guy from every thing i have ever seen or heard, and i doubt he raped anyone or anything close.

@ jake, you cant dismiss evidence if there is none.

the problem is as mentioned earlier in the thread: innocent untill proven guilty, unless you are a media icon and innocent, then its guilty in the publics eye untill you are proven innocent then your rep is ruined forever and you have less credibility due to the 'witchhunt'.

MJ might have done it, there is much more chance that he did than cosby, but still he is considered guilty by millions who have not even seen a shred of evidence.

its just sad that people are like that.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I know nothing about Cosby other than what everyone sees on TV. His sitcom was great, he does alot of college graduation speeches, and seems to be an activist in his community. But let's get real guys...Being a good person on TV doesn't make you incapabel of wrong doing.

Look at Marv Albert, Bill O'Reilly, Clarence Thomas, Arnold Swartzenager, Kobe Bryant, etc...They all live life in the spotlight and seemed to be upright citizens on TV. But, they all seem to have an alleged tainted past. Don't get me wrong...I like the Cos and I am in no way saying that he did this thing, but I have seen enough sh*t happen in this world to see that a squeeky clean image means nothing.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
I know nothing about Cosby other than what everyone sees on TV. His sitcom was great, he does alot of college graduation speeches, and seems to be an activist in his community. But let's get real guys...Being a good person on TV doesn't make you incapabel of wrong doing.

Look at Marv Albert, Bill O'Reilly, Clarence Thomas, Arnold Swartzenager, Kobe Bryant, etc...They all live life in the spotlight and seemed to be upright citizens on TV. But, they all seem to have an alleged tainted past. Don't get me wrong...I like the Cos and I am in no way saying that he did this thing, but I have seen enough sh*t happen in this world to see that a squeeky clean image means nothing.

Your point is irrelevant. The fact is that these women waited 30 years and 1 year to speak up. I don't care whether he did it or not right now, what I am talking about is what I percieve as an obvious attack.

It is too big of a coincedence. Bill Cosby ticks off the NAACP. A month later all these accusations start surfacing. It isnt as if Bill just came into the public lime light. He has been around for years.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
also, bill cosby could admit he did it and still not be held liable as the statute of limitations is way expired on this one. what could her motive for speaking up now possibly be? id like to hear some speculation on this.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Motive is easy.

There is no way she would have gotten a conviction.

So, some people go digging into his past and find her. All she has to do is say he did it, and then disapear. His reputation is permanently scarred whether he is innocent or guilty.

So, that way, people can't say. What an upstanding citizen. Donating money for colored children to go to college. He is such a good guy for telling people to be responsible with their lives and such. These are hate speach statements for the NAACP. They need colored america to feel oppressed. They in fact instigate racism in my opinion. It is an organization just like any other driven by money. No problem, no NAACP. So when people come along with good solutions, they attack their credibility and flaw their charactor. Would you listen to someone telling you how to live if they were a sexual offender?

Thats hardcore motive IMO.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Your point is irrelevant. The fact is that these women waited 30 years and 1 year to speak up. I don't care whether he did it or not right now, what I am talking about is what I percieve as an obvious attack.

It is too big of a coincedence. Bill Cosby ticks off the NAACP. A month later all these accusations start surfacing. It isnt as if Bill just came into the public lime light. He has been around for years.

It is relevant to posters who are saying that it is unlikely that a person like Cosby, who is nice, and smart, and good to others is incapable of doing such things. I am not talking about if the allegations are right or wrong, or if they should even be brought up so late in his life. And I am not arguing that there seems to be a coincedence to the timeframe of the allegations and him ticking off the NAACP. I am saying that anyone is capable of doing such things no matter what kind of lifestyle they portray on TV.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I understand what you are saying. But my question isn't his guilt. It is whether or not it is an attack from the NAACP.

The fact that a HUGE organization that claims to be bettering black america, may be involved with attacking someone for actually putting his money where his mouth is happens to be a bigger issue to me. That would mean that it is true the NAACP is interested only in sustaining itself and making money. It would mean that it is not an organization devoted to bettering people as it claims. That is a HUGE political conspiracy. It would mean that they partake in creating racism, just so they have a reason to continue collecting money.

I do know that he coule be capable. But I am not adressing that right now. I am only looking at the motives.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
First the woman that filed the complaint came from Canada and she is white. She is the one that brought up the other woman 30 years ago although this so called woman from 30 years ago never came forward. She also mentioned several others; yet none of them has ever come forward and accused Crosby.

One of the news network talk shows had her on last week one nite and my impression was the same as those that interviewed her. She is just looking for a few minutes of fame with nothing to back up her alegations.

Who in their right mind would go on TV live without an attorney knowing they intended to be part of legal action and make allegations? That alone has to tell you there is nothing to it. If there was she wold have had a attorney present so she did not slip up, that was not the case.

All on the panel were attornies, two prosecutors and two defense attorneys which all told her right to her face they did not think she was telling the truth after they completed their questioning.

[edit on 2/18/2005 by shots]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
im sorry but locically seapeoples argument is flawless.
1. Bill cosby asks black people to take responsibility for thier own actions.
2. The naacp is an that would not exist any longer if they did. (and to all who do, please do not take this as a personal attack against blacks. i am a firm believer that EVERYBODY should be responsible for thier actions).
3. Destroy cosbys reputation so his views on the naacp will be debunked.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join