It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller requests Flynn's sentencing be delayed at least two more months

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Hm. I think Mueller wants to hear this canary sing a little longer.
If there has been criminal activity, I think it should be revealed, not covered-up.
Anybody? Mueller?

I wonder why Trump surrounded himself with so many crooks and Russia-prone businessmen?

Birds of a feather perhaps?

Because when he opened up positions and started doing interviews, no one would come to work for him. #resist had blackballed him....and he was sent scumbags instead.

He built the best team he felt he could given the people willing to work for him.

www.msnbc.com...

www.inquisitr.com...

www.marketwatch.com...

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
www.wsj.com...
Interesting that this has now made its way to the msm

The former White House national security adviser pleaded guilty to a single count of making false statements, even though then FBI director James Comey had told Congress in March that the two FBI agents who interviewed Mr. Flynn believed he hadn’t lied.

So the 302s the agents turned in would reflect this?

These columns reported this Comey testimony based on sources at the time of Mr. Flynn’s plea (“The Flynn Information,” Dec. 1, 2017). Now comes confirmation from a less redacted version of the House Intelligence Committee’s Russia report released late Friday.

Interesting Comey was aware of this.

On pages 53-54, the report notes that in March 2017 “Director Comey testified to the Committee that ‘the agents . . . discerned no physical indications of deception. They didn’t see any change in posture, in tone, in inflection, in eye contact. They saw nothing that indicated to them that he knew he was lying to them.’” The quotes are from the committee transcript of Mr. Comey’s remarks.

We have another area with disagreement between Comey and McCabe....

The report goes on to say that then Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe “confirmed the interviewing agent’s initial impression and stated that the ‘conundrum that we faced on their return from the interview is that although [the agents] didn’t detect deception in the statements that he made in the interview . . . the statements were inconsistent with our understanding of the conversation that he had actually had with the ambassador.’”

Also how did they get the conversation between flynn and the ambassador? More FISA shenanigans....It will be interesting to see the justification to either spy on General Flynn or unmask General Flynn from the ambassadors conversation. Spying on an american citizen is supposed to be a lengthy process for the government.(remember contraras the judge in flynns case has been recused and it is speculated it is because he signed off on the fisa warrant)

But Mr. McCabe also nonetheless told the House Intelligence Committee that “‘the two people who interviewed [Flynn] didn’t think he was lying, [which] was not [a] great beginning of a false statement case.’”

a false statement case???? thats it

All of this relates to the mystery of why Mr. Flynn pleaded guilty to making false statements. It made little sense for him to lie since as a seasoned intelligence officer he would know the U.S. eavesdrops on the Russian ambassador. He also willingly sat for the FBI interview with no legal counsel, suggesting he felt no risk in doing so.

In any case it is a dubious practice for a prosecutor to force a cooperating witness to plead guilty to a crime he didn’t commit. Perhaps Mr. Flynn is supplying testimony behind the scenes that puts all of this in a better light, but the facts on the public record to date don’t reflect well on Mr. Mueller’s prosecutorial tactics toward Mr. Flynn.

The House report also reflects poorly on Mr. Comey’s credibility. Despite the transcript of his testimony, Mr. Comey at least three times on his book tour has denied telling Congress that the FBI agents did not think Mr. Flynn was lying. “Did you tell lawmakers that FBI agents didn’t believe former national security adviser Michael Flynn was lying intentionally to investigators?” Fox News’ Bret Baier asked Mr. Comey on April 26. “No,” Mr. Comey replied, adding that “I didn’t believe that and didn’t say that.” Asked a similar question by NBC’s Chuck Todd, Mr. Comey responded, “Not true. And I don’t know what people heard me say, if they’re reporting it accurately, what they heard me say, they misunderstood. But that’s not accurate.”

There are CAREER law enforcement workers. The american people deserve better.

When you consider how Mueller's prosecution of Manafort now appears have run completely off the rails (with the judge openly accusing Mueller of lying), and how the "Russian Troll Farm" case is now bouncing back on him (with one of the defendants filing a discovery motion in court, which Muller's team was apparently completely unprepared for), you begin to grasp how the vaunted Mr. Muller seems to be trying to stave off a complete collapse of his investigation.

Flynn is not singing or cooperating. The charge against him is bogus, and this will become clear if/when his sentencing happens. Which is why Mueller keeps delaying it. I suspect he'll end up dropping the charge against Flynn, rather than see it get thrown out in court, possibly providing evidence which could be used in a malicious prosecution lawsuit against him & his team.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I find it hard to believe all they had on flynn was a process crime that their own agents reports dispute. I still want to know how they got the information about Flynns phone calls as it seems to me a lot of illegal fishing was going on. Funny how most here don't want to discuss that the judge when Flynn was charged is now recused(with no explaination), and the new judge has asked for ALL of the evidence for review. If they are unable to produce the original 302's Flynn will walk.
The FARA stuff on Flynn is bad, but in line with what others in DC were doing at the time.
As far as Manafort, if all mueller has is the previously fbi investigated information that he now wants to persue charges for; that is WAY outside the scope of the SC and should be thrown out. Also some kind of statement as to why the FBI chose not to pursue charges at that time needs to be issued. Seems to me they were holding this over his head until they needed to leverage him.
Seems to me all they have evidence of is process crimes(lying to the fbi) and the evidence for some of that is suspect. This whole event is a farce, and dangerous to our country.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

He built the best team he felt he could given the people willing to work for him.

Then it's a shame it's so grossly inadequate and unacceptable. The U.S. can do so much better.

Meet the new swamp, worse than the old swamp

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: samuelsson
a reply to: soberbacchus

Where do you get your information? I dont read cnn or fox.

Can you point me to source?

Not being disingenious. Serious question

After Flynn left the WH and was beginning to field potential charges, he retroactively registered as a foreign agent to try and head off that specific charge.

Former National Security Adviser Flynn Registered as a Foreign Agent for Turkey Work During Trump Campaign
www.slate.com...

Just weeks after Flynn was ousted from the Trump administration, the early Trump supporter and campaign adviser registered with the Justice Department’s Foreign Agent Registration Unit for lobbying that his firm—Flynn Intel Group Inc.—did on behalf of Inovo BV, a Dutch consulting company owned by a Turkish businessman with ties to Turkey President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

Flynn’s firm took on the Inovo job late in the campaign, in late August, and was paid $530,000 for consulting work on behalf of the company during the final stretch of the presidential campaign.

Disgraced Trump adviser Mike Flynn admits he worked as a “foreign agent” for the Turkish government
www.vox.com...

Michael Flynn belatedly registers as foreign agent who earned $530,000 for lobbying
www.nydailynews.com...

Etc. Google it.

What was he negotiating with the Turkish Government? Kidnapping an American citizen.

Ex-Trump aide Flynn investigated over plot to kidnap Turkish dissident – report
www.theguardian.com...

Mueller Investigating Michael Flynn for Plot to Kidnap Turkish Opposition Leader Fethullah Gülen
www.newsweek.com...

Ex-CIA Director Spoke to Mueller About Flynn's Alleged Turkish Scheme
www.nbcnews.com...

Mueller Probes Flynn’s Role in Alleged Plan to Deliver Cleric to Turkey

Under alleged plan, ex-Trump adviser and his son were to be paid millions to forcibly remove Fethullah Gulen from U.S. and deliver him to Turkish custody
www.wsj.com...

All this apart from the fact the he LIED in Security Clearance documents about getting paid by Russia

Former national security adviser told investigators he received no foreign money, despite being paid by a Russian state-funded TV network, Democratic lawmaker says
www.marketwatch.com...

Michael Flynn Failed to Disclose Income From Russia-Linked Entities
www.nytimes.com...

Flynn Never Told DIA That Russians Paid Him, Say Officials
www.nbcnews.com...

Lawmakers Say It Appears Michael Flynn Acted Illegally In Taking Russian Payments
www.npr.org...

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I find it hard to believe all they had on flynn was a process crime that their own agents reports dispute.

OF COURSE that is not all they had on him?????

That is what a PLEA DEAL is.

Prosecutors agree to only charge him with minor crimes that he pleas guilty to and gets probabtion as long as he cooperates.

If he fails to cooperate fully, they bring the rest of the charges

THAT is why they have delayed sentencing.
His cooperation is still needed until the investigation is done.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: angeldoll
Hm. I think Mueller wants to hear this canary sing a little longer.
If there has been criminal activity, I think it should be revealed, not covered-up.
Anybody? Mueller?

I wonder why Trump surrounded himself with so many crooks and Russia-prone businessmen?

Birds of a feather perhaps?

Because when he opened up positions and started doing interviews, no one would come to work for him. #resist had blackballed him....and he was sent scumbags instead.

Of course it is not poor Donny's fault that he hired crooks! He's just a victim!

It's the Dems fault that no one wants to work for him! Damn shame too, cuz he looks like such an ethical and professional boss too.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join