It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller requests Flynn's sentencing be delayed at least two more months

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Well now Mueller is "asking" the court to delay Flynn's sentencing again !!

Something about Flynn not being "ready" for sentencing whatever that could possibly mean.

Must be some glitches in the stitches.😃

Mueller requests Flynn's sentencing be delayed at least two more months

Special Counsel Robert Mueller on Tuesday requested that sentencing for former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn be delayed by at least two months.

Mueller’s team and attorneys for Flynn submitted that Flynn is not ready for sentencing “due to the status of the special counsel’s investigation,” according to a court filing in U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C.

Flynn pleaded guilty in December to lying to the FBI as part of Mueller’s probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 election. As part of the plea deal, Flynn agreed to cooperate with Mueller’s ongoing investigation.

The parties are required to provide an update on Flynn’s status by June 29, according to the court filing.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
according to Dan Bongino these people were placed within the Trump orb by Clinton operatives

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
according to Dan Bongino these people were placed within the Trump orb by Clinton operatives

He could be right !!

They must be reading ATS !!

🔑😎

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Mueller’s team and attorneys for Flynn submitted that Flynn is not ready for sentencing “due to the status of the special counsel’s investigation”

Flynn pleaded guilty in December to lying to the FBI as part of Mueller’s probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 election. As part of the plea deal, Flynn agreed to cooperate with Mueller’s ongoing investigation.

Looks like Mueller isn't done with Flynn flipping on Trump and won't put him in prison until he's got everything he needs. Then Flynn will serve a lighter sentence depending on the outcome of Mueller's investigation. Hopefully this means his investigation will be wrapping up before Flynn is sentenced.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

what exactly is Flynn flipping on Trump about?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Flipping on trump?

Why him? And not other parties?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

What about this don't you understand, "Flynn agreed to cooperate with Mueller’s ongoing investigation". As far as what exactly Flynn is cooperating with, we'll see because I'm not working for Mueller.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Really guys? Flynn is cooperating with Mueller's investigation into Trump. What is so hard to grasp here?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Evidence is still coming in, and Flynn has agreed to cooperate, thus they want Flynn's views on the evidence prior to sentencing. Flynn's team agrees because it is in his favor to demonstrate to the court that he's been essential in processing all that has come in, thus getting a lighter sentence. He could, theoretically, restore his place as someone who is near heroic if he is able to either affirm evidence of conspiracy, or disprove evidence of conspiracy/obstruction.

Trump won't meet with Mueller, which is smart. If I were his defense attorney, I sure wouldn't want him meeting with the prosecutor. Defendants all believe they can talk themselves out of anything. But, it's causing needless delay to this portion of the investigation, the obstruction portion.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Mueller’s team and attorneys for Flynn submitted that Flynn is not ready for sentencing “due to the status of the special counsel’s investigation”

Looks like Mueller isn't done with Flynn flipping on Trump and won't put him in prison until he's got everything he needs. Then Flynn will serve a lighter sentence depending on the outcome of Mueller's investigation. Hopefully this means his investigation will be wrapping up before Flynn is sentenced.

How long does it take for a man to flip?

My understanding is that when you flip you give up all the material information you have; you don't give it up in drips and drabs as the days turn into months and the months turn into years. The latter is what you do when your trying not to cooperate ... "come back tomorrow Bob, I dont feel like talking today, but tomorrow I promise tomorrow".

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

so you have nothing

got it

let me know when you actually have evidence to support one of your ideas

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Flipping on trump?

Who says that other parties haven't?

The only one that I think has refused to flip so far is Manafort, and that might be bc Manafort is facing far more serious charges and is hoping to get a better deal.

Cohen - as of yet - is not part of the Russian investigation, though I suspect that will change soon enough, just as soon as all that evidence is gone through. (Which might explain why Mueller asked to have Flynn's sentencing put off, now that I think about it, all that new evidence to consider, and check out with someone else who was "there")

link   

Really guys? Flynn is cooperating with Mueller's investigation into Trump. What is so hard to grasp here?

It's the fact that you added words of opinion to the sentence.

The sentence read "Flynn agreed to cooperate with Mueller’s ongoing investigation.". You added "into Trump.", that is purely YOURopinion and speculation.

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Flipping on trump?

Who says that other parties haven't?

The only one that I think has refused to flip so far is Manafort, and that might be bc Manafort is facing far more serious charges and is hoping to get a better deal.

Cohen - as of yet - is not part of the Russian investigation, though I suspect that will change soon enough, just as soon as all that evidence is gone through. (Which might explain why Mueller asked to have Flynn's sentencing put off, now that I think about it, all that new evidence to consider, and check out with someone else who was "there")

link   

so you have nothing

got it

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think that our whole government is a Soap Opera. Full of Drama Queens and kings.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

It's the fact that you added words of opinion to the sentence.

The sentence read "Flynn agreed to cooperate with Mueller’s ongoing investigation.". You added "into Trump.", that is purely YOURopinion and speculation.

Is Mueller investigating someone besides Trump? Is that subject to opinion? Is it an opinion that Mueller is investigating Trump?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I dunno, I'm not an investigator, are you? Are you applying what you've learned about investigations from movies/tv? The only thing I can assume is that Mueller takes his time to iron out all the details, word is he's very meticulous. By the sounds of all of this, Mueller isn't done with Flynn.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

How long does it take for a man to flip?

My understanding is that when you flip you give up all the material information you have; you don't give it up in drips and drabs as the days turn into months and the months turn into years. The latter is what you do when your trying not to cooperate ... "come back tomorrow Bob, I dont feel like talking today, but tomorrow I promise tomorrow".

"According to Cohen's cell phone records, he spoke with _____________ on ______________ and discussed ____________, do you recall hearing about this or hearing Trump talk about it?"

As new evidence arises, he can confirm or deny that something played a role.

NO one recalls absolutely everything about every circumstance over years all at the same time. Things jog memories.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

You just keep on believing that, BooBoo. Maybe there's hope for you yet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join