It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller requests Flynn's sentencing be delayed at least two more months

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

There is no source because there was no hack and if they had a plea deal with Flynn to testify against Trump why wpuldny they want that teatimony as quickly as possible?

The entire narrative falls apart with any investigative work that doesnt involved totally partisan made up nonsense

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
You know whats funny about this entire situation is that the entire investigative team is Republican

I wonder if this is all a distraction to keep everyone focused on Trump while the Clinton investigations continues

Trey Howdy mentioning how important this is cpmes to mind

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Mueller wants to interview Trump before Flynn's sentencing to see if Trump's story coincides with what Flynn has told the fbi. Flynn won't be sentenced until Mueller gets his Trump interview. After Flynn is sentenced the fbi no longer has leverage on Flynn to compel him to cooperate with the investigation. Mueller may have more questions for Flynn based on Trump's answers to Mueller's questions.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meniscus
Mueller wants to interview Trump before Flynn's sentencing to see if Trump's story coincides with what Flynn has told the fbi. Flynn won't be sentenced until Mueller gets his Trump interview. After Flynn is sentenced the fbi no longer has leverage on Flynn to compel him to cooperate with the investigation. Mueller may have more questions for Flynn based on Trump's answers to Mueller's questions.

If trump pardons him then he dont have a case then right?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I also have my own opinion of things and I am the source.

So...basically exactly what I said from the start.

I provide sources all the time.

Yea, sure. Like the fabulous OPINION source you just provided. Speaking of that source, let's take a moment and break down your quote from it.

Flynn locked in his guilty plea and agreed to cooperate with the government. ABC News reported that Flynn is prepared to offer "full cooperation" to Mueller's team and testify against President Trump and other Trump family members. The biggest bombshell in the report: Flynn will state that then-candidate Trump directed him to get in contact with Russian officials

Now, do you notice before the part you highlighted the words "full coopreration" are in quotes, while the section you highlighted is not? That is because one is a QUOTE and the other is OPINION added by the author. The link provided in your source to the original story is 404'd, but don't worry, I found it!

No where in that article does it say or even remotely imply that Flynn will testify against Trump and/or family members. The only thing that comes even close to being in the same ballpark is this segment of it

“Flynn is very angry,” the confidant told ABC News Friday. “He will cooperate truthfully on any question they ask him.”

Now, keep in mind this article was from Dec 1, 2017, over 5 months ago. Here is another portion of the article, a fairly important one too.

Correction: During a live Special Report, ABC News reported that a confidant of Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn said Flynn was prepared to testify that then-candidate Donald Trump instructed him to contact Russian officials during the campaign. That source later clarified that during the campaign, Trump assigned Flynn and a small circle of other senior advisers to find ways to repair relations with Russia and other hot spots. It was shortly after the election, that President-elect Trump directed Flynn to contact Russian officials on topics that included working jointly against ISIS.

Sooo, basically what your source states is completely false.
SOURCE

Oh I'm sorry Silly you were right after all.

Nope, as usual you are completely wrong.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

False. Flynn would still have to testify and provide evidence under subpoena. Without the benefit of the 5th amendment, since a pardon would mean that he could not be incriminating himself.

If he refuses, contempt.
If he lies, perjury.

edit on 5/2/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: yuppa

False. Flynn would still have to testify and provide evidence under subpoena. Without the benefit of the 5th amendment, since a pardon would mean that he could not be incriminating himself.

If he refuses, contempt.
If he lies, perjury.

Not exactly phage...

With Nixon v Sampson, it was upheld that a pardon can preclude future prosecutions in tandem with erasing/vacating past criminal proceedings...
Nixon v Sampson only applies federally so state charges would not be covered by a pardon...

With a state governors pardon, the same applies albeit to federeral crimes yet oppositely(eg u can still be prosecuted federally if a governor pardons you for a state crime)...

As related to self incrimination, a person can refuse a pardon to avoid the above scenarios...
It was WWI era and if memory serves someone refused a pardon from Wilson...I don’t google on ats...y’all can do that

-Chris

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Well i didnt say that.

Actually.

You did.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The conspiracy theories continue.
And the world laughs in his face.

This whole chain of thought highlights the ignorance.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

He's already plead out. The delay is because Mueller isn't done wringing him out.
Read his plea deal.
He has to do what ever Mueller tells him including wearing a wire to gain evidence against others. He is Muellers bitch for as long as Mueller wants him to be.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Who are those people? Name one.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Now would be the time.

Why doesn't he?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Fingers crossed huh? Pardon all the crooks.

Edit to add...
Except Hillary.
edit on 532018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

They were not. You're making # up again.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Like choosing fried chicken instead of salad for dinner. He knows it's not good for him but instant gratification is the important thing. I want it.
He chooses who he likes. Nutrition be damned.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Where does ZERO come from? What do you think Mueller is doing this for? Grins and giggles?

You don't know what Mueller has. There are two floors full of investigators in a federal building in DC and their only job is to find evidence. Two floors full.
These guys are no joke and they don't play games. They are very serious very dedicated players. The best in their respective fields.
You can hold out that empty hope that Mueller has nothing but that's equal to chasing rainbows.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

They were not. You're making # up again.

So McCabe didnt ask folks to change 302S?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Oh my goodness.
Flynn already plead guilty. If they had nothing on him why did he plead guilty?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Oh my goodness.
Flynn already plead guilty. If they had nothing on him why did he plead guilty?

rewire.news...
www.nybooks.com...
www.themarshallproject.org...
edit on 3-5-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Why don't you try reading his indictment and plea deal before commenting.

They are all here.
Indictment, charging documents and plea deal.

www.lawfareblog.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join