It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller requests Flynn's sentencing be delayed at least two more months

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

If you can't afford an attorney you get one. If you can afford one you don't. So basically you're saying he could pay but didn't want to. I doubt that. Plus I'm pretty sure he still is retaining and paying for a lawyer.

He didn't plead guilty because he was strapped for cash please.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: xuenchen

If the FBI forged documents to fabricate evidence what happens to the case?

possible this is already in progress...

Appealing a Conviction After Pleading Guilty

😉

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

If the FBI forged documents to fabricate evidence what happens to the case?

Appaently it goes on despite them forging it because its against a opposition president.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: yuppa

If trump pardons him then he dont have a case then right?

False. Flynn would still have to testify and provide evidence under subpoena. Without the benefit of the 5th amendment, since a pardon would mean that he could not be incriminating himself.

If he refuses, contempt.
If he lies, perjury.

Not of Trump issued a blanket pardon for anything to do with said case and issued immunity as well.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Oh my goodness.
Flynn already plead guilty. If they had nothing on him why did he plead guilty?

Well Because the FBI is famous for using perjury traps,and will ask questions that are so inane you cant help but forget them after being asked questions for hours on end.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills
It also maybe because according to the House Intel Committee report. Senior FBI officials reported that Michael Flynn did not lie to their investigators in the interview in January 2017. After the FBI made that finding nothing was happening in regards to Michael Flynn, except in the MSM. When Mueller became special counsel he reviewed the interview, looking for a hook into Flynn, and then overrode the FBI and then declared that Flynn had in fact lied and then charged him with lying to the FBI. It has been recommended to Flynn that he withdraw his guilty plea because his defense atty's were never told that the FBI did not believe he lied in January 2017.
Mueller was on a fishing expedition then and he is on one now.

www.foxnews.com...

heavy.com...

www.nydailynews.com...

edit on 3-5-2018 by Bob350 because: clarity

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I used to work directly for Gen Flynn several years ago while deployed. Although I was an enlisted guy I got to know him very well. I will tell you right now that Flynn will not be flipping on anybody. Hate to ruin folks day.... but it just won’t happen. He’s a General that wore a Ranger tab. They are trained totally different from a snitch.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Former FBI Director James Comey testified to the House Intelligence Committee that FBI agents did not believe that Michael Flynn, who was national security adviser, intentionally lied about talks with Russia’s ambassador, according to a newly unredacted report from the committee

well now
that is interesting....

“Director Comey testified to the Committee that ‘the agents…discerned no physical indications of deception," said a new version of the report obtained by Fox News on Friday. "They didn’t see any change in posture, in tone, in inflection, in eye contact. They saw nothing that indicated to them that he knew he was lying to them.’”

and yet there is even more...

McCabe then acknowledged that "the two people who interviewed [Flynn] didn't think he was lying, [which] was not [a] great beginning of a false statement case."

so if the people who interviewed him didnt think he was lying how was he charged with such???
wonder if this has anything to do with the "delays"???

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assessor

He’s a General that wore a Ranger tab. They are trained totally different from a snitch.

Do they train them to secretly work as an undeclared agent of a foreign government and then lie about it?

The Flynn you once knew is telling the truth now so that he can salvage any self-respect he once had.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

You seem to be overlooking that he was not charged with anything other than lying.
And the FBI and Comey said that he did not lie.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Where do you get your information? I dont read cnn or fox.

Can you point me to source?

Not being disingenious. Serious question

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

And the FBI and Comey said that he did not lie.
Actually, that is not what they said. The report said that the interviewing agents "didn't think he was lying." Comey, who was not present at the interview, reiterated that point.

“the agents … discerned no physical indications of deception. They didn’t see any change in posture, in tone, in inflection, in eye contact. They saw nothing that indicated to them that he knew he was lying to them.”
Flynn is a good liar.

Never mind that Flynn was fired because he lied to Pence. Right?
Never mind that Flynn pleaded guilty to lying in the interview. Right?
edit on 5/6/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Flynn pleaded guilty because he ran out of money and because the FBI were threatening his son.

Since the same lawyer who said Flynn lied to the FBI also said that he lied to Pence, that might also not be true.
The whole thing may have been misinformation.

edit on 5/6/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

He was fired because a lawyer said that he had lied to Pence? Don't you think Pence should have spoken up?

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Interesting that there are those here who would justify mccabe forging 302s. The ends justify the means to some.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
www.wsj.com...
Interesting that this has now made its way to the msm

The former White House national security adviser pleaded guilty to a single count of making false statements, even though then FBI director James Comey had told Congress in March that the two FBI agents who interviewed Mr. Flynn believed he hadn’t lied.

So the 302s the agents turned in would reflect this?

These columns reported this Comey testimony based on sources at the time of Mr. Flynn’s plea (“The Flynn Information,” Dec. 1, 2017). Now comes confirmation from a less redacted version of the House Intelligence Committee’s Russia report released late Friday.

Interesting Comey was aware of this.

On pages 53-54, the report notes that in March 2017 “Director Comey testified to the Committee that ‘the agents . . . discerned no physical indications of deception. They didn’t see any change in posture, in tone, in inflection, in eye contact. They saw nothing that indicated to them that he knew he was lying to them.’” The quotes are from the committee transcript of Mr. Comey’s remarks.

We have another area with disagreement between Comey and McCabe....

The report goes on to say that then Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe “confirmed the interviewing agent’s initial impression and stated that the ‘conundrum that we faced on their return from the interview is that although [the agents] didn’t detect deception in the statements that he made in the interview . . . the statements were inconsistent with our understanding of the conversation that he had actually had with the ambassador.’”

Also how did they get the conversation between flynn and the ambassador? More FISA shenanigans....It will be interesting to see the justification to either spy on General Flynn or unmask General Flynn from the ambassadors conversation. Spying on an american citizen is supposed to be a lengthy process for the government.(remember contraras the judge in flynns case has been recused and it is speculated it is because he signed off on the fisa warrant)

But Mr. McCabe also nonetheless told the House Intelligence Committee that “‘the two people who interviewed [Flynn] didn’t think he was lying, [which] was not [a] great beginning of a false statement case.’”

a false statement case???? thats it

All of this relates to the mystery of why Mr. Flynn pleaded guilty to making false statements. It made little sense for him to lie since as a seasoned intelligence officer he would know the U.S. eavesdrops on the Russian ambassador. He also willingly sat for the FBI interview with no legal counsel, suggesting he felt no risk in doing so.

In any case it is a dubious practice for a prosecutor to force a cooperating witness to plead guilty to a crime he didn’t commit. Perhaps Mr. Flynn is supplying testimony behind the scenes that puts all of this in a better light, but the facts on the public record to date don’t reflect well on Mr. Mueller’s prosecutorial tactics toward Mr. Flynn.

The House report also reflects poorly on Mr. Comey’s credibility. Despite the transcript of his testimony, Mr. Comey at least three times on his book tour has denied telling Congress that the FBI agents did not think Mr. Flynn was lying. “Did you tell lawmakers that FBI agents didn’t believe former national security adviser Michael Flynn was lying intentionally to investigators?” Fox News’ Bret Baier asked Mr. Comey on April 26. “No,” Mr. Comey replied, adding that “I didn’t believe that and didn’t say that.” Asked a similar question by NBC’s Chuck Todd, Mr. Comey responded, “Not true. And I don’t know what people heard me say, if they’re reporting it accurately, what they heard me say, they misunderstood. But that’s not accurate.”

There are CAREER law enforcement workers. The american people deserve better.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

n factually proven to have not been a hack but a download from the terminal itself

Bull crap. A great big pile of it. Watch were you step.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

edit on 572018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Too bad it's true though. I really don't care what you think of the link .

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Hm. I think Mueller wants to hear this canary sing a little longer.
If there has been criminal activity, I think it should be revealed, not covered-up.
Anybody? Mueller?

I wonder why Trump surrounded himself with so many crooks and Russia-prone businessmen?

Birds of a feather perhaps?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join