It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Threaten Arrest If Citizens Speak Out Against the State-Sanctioned Death of Baby Alfie Evans

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Idiots that should be ignored, that teach their pet dogs to imitate Nazi salutes with there paw, draw the politically correct wrath and attention of our media and authorities these days.

To be honest, this nation is beyond help in some respects, and it's only going to get worse and even more Orwellian after Brexit.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Oh I see, so their social media post about threats made on social media is the only avenue of investigation...

Makes sense.

Its their police stating it. Not me.

Im responding to a direct quote.

edit on 4/28/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I suppose you missed that part that says "offences".

Yes, the posts are being monitored, no, they are not saying that the police will act against people voicing their opinions, unless those are outside the law.

edit on 28/4/2018 by ArMaP because: changed "they" to "those"

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

I suppose you missed that part that says "offences".

Yes, the posts are being monitored, no, they are not saying that the police will act against people voicing their opinions, unless those are outside the law.

The law in the UK seems to punish people for making bad comedy and hinges wholly on individual subjective opinion rather than objective fact. Im not quite sure what to male of that.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

The power of suggestion is the entire force behind advertising. Don’t you think advertising works?
edit on 28-4-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

If it helps...the US has a few metric tons of problems too.

We are all in this handbasket to hell together. Buckle up.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
It makes absolutely no sense that they cant take him to the Vatican hospital for treatment .

What is the point of that? is it just to show their authority? Are they just that conceded to think there is just no way they could be wrong so they have to kill him?

I just dont get it...

They may have wanted his brain for medical research. Neurodegenerative diseases and cancers are still not fully understood fully.

There was a similar case in the South of England.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Paediatric oncology consultant Dr Ramya Ramanujachar, who was involved in Ashya's treatment, warned the case could set a worrying precedent.
"She said: "I don't think the parents can look after their own child with a brain tumour and be not only the carers but also the professionals directing, managing and dictating their child's treatment."

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

The power of suggestion is the entire forest behind advertising. Don’t you think advertising works?

On an idiot anything can be suggested. And its still their fault. Words are words. Action is action.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
if there is threats being made, what is the problem with them monitoring the social media platforms where they are being made on, along with possible prosecutions for those who are making the threats? gee, how many of the mass shootings in the states followed posts online that gave clues that the people were off the rails and possibly about to become violent..
somewhere along the line, the danged chain needs to be broken before the slaughter! and yous don't want the gun control, you don't want gun restrictions for those with mental illness, and you don't want anyone poking their nose into the posts on social media..
well, dead kids lying where they fell on schools isn't acceptable, neither would be dead patients and healthcare providers blown to bits by a crazy bomber or such!

as far as my view relating to the baby, well, I think that the parents should have been given as much time and any opportunity to be able to come to terms and go on with their life with the assurance that they did all that they could.
they should have allowed them to take the baby to the vatican, it's not the choice I would have made, but I am not them. but, I have to ask, since I would be more inclined to prayer for a short time for a miracle and if there wasn't a dramatic improvement within a day or two, I would have had the life support taken offline, let nature take it's natural course... just how many acting so horrified that these parents weren't allowed to decide to deal with the death of their baby according to their needs, seeing as a parental rights issue would attempt to intervene, maybe even through the courts, if the opportunity arose?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

It makes absolutely no sense that they cant take him to the Vatican hospital for treatment .

What is the point of that? is it just to show their authority? Are they just that conceded to think there is just no way they could be wrong so they have to kill him?

I just dont get it...

They may have wanted his brain for medical research. Neurodegenerative diseases and cancers are still not fully understood fully.

There was a similar case in the South of England.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Paediatric oncology consultant Dr Ramya Ramanujachar, who was involved in Ashya's treatment, warned the case could set a worrying precedent.
"She said: "I don't think the parents can look after their own child with a brain tumour and be not only the carers but also the professionals directing, managing and dictating their child's treatment."

Ashya is apparently doing well an article from 3rd of March Link

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

I love the hypocrisy here

So we have people saying how dare people criticize the U.K. government! To claim they are heartless is an absurdity!

Yet in this same breath, they smear the evil Italians who just want to perform evil tests on this baby so the can make money

Oh and this poster even throws in maybe the evil Germans would get in on the torture!

So just to sums up, U.K. seems the kid must be taken off support and can’t get treatment elsewhere = very compassionate

Italy offers life support care = evil monsters that want to torture a baby for money

Makes sense!

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
nvm

edit on 28-4-2018 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Nationalism? Statism?

I dont get it. Maybe they all actually believe it?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

how is that?? do some research on the genetic destruction our weapons of war has done on the people of iraq, watch some videos of some of the kids that are being born with deformaties who suffer daily, and know this, these women wouldn't dream of aborting their babies, even if they knew they will have these problems before they are born!
they do their best to care for them, they love them, their overextend their healthcare system trying to care for them...

but, ya, let's try to blame this on the muslims!!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Even if you believe that the State has the right to decide medical treatment, how is it reasonable to hold that child prisoner once they had given up trying to save his life?

The Court doesn't "decide medical treatment".

The Court system gets involved where the patient lacks capacity to make their own decision and there is a conflict between the clinicians and the family. The test is not about life or death, it is about "best interests" and "quality of life".

Is it in the best interests of a child, already committed to spending the rest of their inevitably short life in pain, to spend it in artificially-prolonged suffering with no realistic chance of surviving or having any real quality of life? Or is in their best interest to withdraw life-sustaining treatment, provide only palliative care to manage the pain as best as possible, and let nature take its course?

The Court is concerned that the parents are not truly acting in the best interests of the child. There is nothing unusual or wrong about this; as parents we are driven to fight for our children and refusing to give up hope. It's our nature. Unfortunately, that creates situations where we choose a path that is more about our emotional need to fight than a path that is genuinely in the best interests of our child. That is why the Court is involved - to ensure that the decisions are those that are in the best interests of Alfie.

Nobody involved will want this outcome, I can guarantee that, but clinicians asking to have treatment withdrawn will have seen this play out many times in their careers and they will know how it usually ends. They would not easily make this decision, but they will see that the outcome of continuing treatment will be protracted suffering before the inevitable death.

edit on Ev58SaturdaySaturdayAmerica/ChicagoSat, 28 Apr 2018 07:58:35 -05005822018b by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Nvm, to hell with the UK.
edit on 28-4-2018 by Arnie123 because: Pissed.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Not at all what I posted.

For the entire time you have been " debating " this you have consistently ignored the essence of other posts detailing actual facts of this situation. So ...not surprised that you failed or refused to comprehend mines

But you go ahead with your outrageous claims if it makes you feel better.
None so blind as those who will not see and all that

Fill your boots.

This poster is out

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SATURN66

Wow . I am sure most of you are aware of baby Alfie Evans in the UK.

The UK has basically decided to let this kid die because he has a degenerative neurological condition that doctors say is incurable.

Now the family who desperately want to keep their son alive has been offered free care at the Vatican hospital where they will try experimental treatments .

For some reason the UK government has decided to not let him go even though it will be no cost to them whatsoever.

Well now the hospital who has decided to murder this child (they are not even feeding him) is upset at all the hatemail and phone calls from around the world .

Not only upset but they have the police monitoring social media accounts looking for anyone speaking out against this and threatening legal action.

I do not understand why the UK would not let this family take their son somewhere else for treatment. You guys across the pond have no rights left .

No gun rights ,no freedom of speech ,not even the freedom to get your own child the care you think he needs.. The drs and the Government get the final say over your childs care ?

Not even the freedom to bitch about the care hes not getting without being arrested.

Despite the fact that this will come at no cost to the UK government or the hospital, they are legally forcing the family to stay in the UK, where they will be denied medical care because the government decided that it was not worth the effort to keep the boy alive. Even worse, the hospital has not been feeding the child while he is under their care, which is now court mandated.

thefreethoughtproject.com...

Hey America you should be more civilized like us and give up your guns. Now excuse me while we go murder this child...

YOU DIRTY SCUM ussing a child to spread your political view....

1.the child cannot be cured MEDICAL FACT.

2. the child was taken of the breathing machine ( stopped breathing ) and the father was cought 5 times giving mouth to mouth to the child becouse he could no breath FACT.

3. the hospital in rome will put him back onto a breathing machine ( which is why the court case was started becouse he cant breath with out it ),
tso they are gonna turn him into a LAB RAT to test their new drugs out so they can earn millions if they might happen to work even the italian doctors say there is a 90% chance they wont work FACT.

4. the child is being fed water becouse its the only thing that his body is not rejecting ( you need fluids to survive not food, your body is 75% fluid mass )

do not us this child for you politacal agenda or to get stars on this site..

this has nothing to do with the pope or the usa its about a father prelonging a childs suffering for his 15 minutes of fame and the money he is making from the news vultures.

we had a simuliar case 5 months back went the same way the parents raised 750k wheres the money now, did they give it back NO, did they give it to charity NO, have you seen them get involved in this case NO, have they thrown their weight behind this case NO..

this boils down to a child who is suffering and you and the media are make this suffering last longer than God intended STOP IT ITS NOT POLITICAL

This is so true!!

Delicate Americans have to politize a dying (now dead) baby boy to try and prove how awesome there way of life is and great there political and healthcare (only if you health insurance) system is, all it shows is how selfish SOME Americans can be to use a sitution like this to make themelves feel better!!

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Applying your own motives to others actions speaks more about you than them.

We habe no stake in your politics. This ismt a political outcry. Its moral.

Im not religious...so this ismt religious morality. Its humanistic morality.

And since i am related to so many medical personnel, im part of this conversation among them. Where we are all in agreement. In fact ive yet to talk to a single american in real life that doesnt find the action taken here to be pretty disgusting

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

In the US dogs are euthanized in their owm best interest.

Unless someone wants to take on their treatment and care. In those cases the dogs usually survive

There is something intrinsically evil in a government being the arbiter of peoples best interest.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join