It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Threaten Arrest If Citizens Speak Out Against the State-Sanctioned Death of Baby Alfie Evans

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That's the point though his condition was not treatable, each and every time he had a seizure he lost a little more of his brain function and ergo bodily function too all they could do was keep him artificially going,that's not treatment that's keeping him around for the parents benefit not the child's.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: nickovthenorth

i think no words can ever be so bad that criminality is involved.

What about if those words are along the lines of "Go to the hospital and assault the staff? Disrupt their ability to care for terminally ill kids? Damage hospital property?"

There are words...then there are "words"

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

What about if those words are along the lines of "Go to the hospital and assault the staff? Disrupt their ability to care for terminally ill kids? Damage hospital property?"

?

No. that is actually a fairly ridiculous example. People are responsible for their own actions. You can't put someone under a spell.

Words are just words. Anyone dumb enough to act on simple suggestion...they are the problem. Not the person who dared say a few words that a simpleton overheard.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I know I keep repeating myself here but let's not forget this was a children's hospital. A frigging children's hospital.

How disconnected from reality does someone have to be to think threatening the staff of a children's hospital is OK?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   

you treat the condition...meaning you provide them with food, water, bathing, etc.

witholding food and allowing them to die is called murder. at least in the US it is.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

how disconnected from reality does someone have ot be to think that starving a child to death won't inflame passions?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

?

No. that is actually a fairly ridiculous example. People are responsible for their own actions. You can't put someone under a spell.

Words are just words. Anyone dumb enough to act on simple suggestion...they are the problem. Not the person who dared say a few words that a simpleton overheard.

Thankfully here in reality most people recognise your are completely and utterly wrong.

There are a lot of impressionable people out there and encouraging them to commit acts of violence makes you every bit as guilty as they are.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Yup, there were active plans to put the lives of hundreds of children at risk and the illegal naming of thes n the case and threats made against them and others.

Personally I'm glad we put the lives of hundreds of kids and ability of hospitals to function and staff to go to work safely above the right for people to make threats.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   

how disconnected from reality does someone have ot be to think that starving a child to death won't inflame passions?

Stop it your ridiculous appeals to emotion. Withdrawing life support is not the same as starving a child to death.

Unless you are willing to claim everytime life support is withdrawn its murder?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

?

Thankfully here in reality most people recognise your are completely and utterly wrong.

There are a lot of impressionable people out there and encouraging them to commit acts of violence makes you every bit as guilty as they are.

i don't care what the irrational mob thinks...words are words. You can tell me that all 8bil people on earth disagree with me...it won't matter. Ill still tell you that words are words.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Stop it your ridiculous appeals to emotion. Withdrawing life support is not the same as starving a child to death.

Unless you are willing to claim everytime life support is withdrawn its murder?

Stop it with your ridiculous misuse of the term "life support". Unless you are willing to claim that feeding a stroke victim with aphasia is "life support"?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   

How is it starving them to death when the body has already given up absorbing the nutrients?

It's stopping from pumping them full of rotting fecal matter, ruptured bowels and internal sepsis from associated complications.

The public outside were claiming nothing was wrong with him and he was perfectly healthy despite the fact he was already well into the dying process.

The removal is so parents have time to say goodbye to their child and hold them for onfce without them being jerry rigged with dozens off tubes and monitors, a very important stage in the grieving and post recovery process.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

How is it starving them to death when the body has already given up absorbing the nutrients?

citation needed that alfie's body was absorbing no nutrients whasoever from the food provided. I suppose cellular death can be postponed through glycogenesis...but once the body runs out of fat, it runs out of ketones and even that process begins to break down, causing cellular death.

It's stopping from pumping them full of rotting fecal matter, ruptured bowels and internal sepsis from associated complications.

They were feeding him feces? Im not sure what you are trying to state here.

The public outside were claiming nothing was wrong with him and he was perfectly healthy despite the fact he was already well into the dying process.

Im unconcerned with the public. Im concerned with the UK government disallowing parents from seeking continued care for their child, and instead ordering them starved to death.

The removal is so parents have time to say goodbye to their child and hold them for onfce without them being jerry rigged with dozens off tubes and monitors, a very important stage in the grieving and post recovery process.

Right before the babe is ripped from their arms and laid in a bed to starve to death? What comfort that must provide mom and dad....

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   

a reply to: cosmickat

in am pretty acquainted with what, in the US anyway, would be considered "standards of care".

to any medical staff i have discussed this with (my wife and several family are nurses), and they are all in agreement that this is a disgusting case of state over reach and the murder of a child.

none of them would have remained on the job were they charged with killing alfie in the place of one of your nurses. their nursing judgement would have had them feed the child or resign in protest as an act of advocacy.

you guys can try to rationalize this all you want. but it looks like murder from across the pond.

The link I posted is from a US site with content and recommended procedures for US approved end of life care. Although the UK follows the same palliative care procedures that are recommended by this medical study.

From this side of the pond it looks like you are all jumping aboard the social media frenzy bandwagon.

This was not state endorsed murder of a child ffs.

The only individuals involved in this whole circus who might have put children's well being in danger or who posed an actual threat to children's health were the numbskull brigade parked outside a children's hospital who were threatening and menacing health care workers going about their chosen careers. ie pediatric medicine. Is it honestly your position that these doctors and nurses studied for years to look after very sick children so they can ultimately murder them ?
That is ludicrous !

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   

?

i don't care what the irrational mob thinks...words are words. You can tell me that all 8bil people on earth disagree with me...it won't matter. Ill still tell you that words are words.

And you will still be wrong.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   

A statement which makes you wrong.

See how 2 can play petty?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

the brigade would have been disbanded by simply letting alfie go to italy.

seems like an easy solution, eh? if nothing else, fling the booger over to a willing party in italy?
edit on 4/28/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   

the brigade would have been disbanded by simply letting alfie go to italy.

seems like an easy solution, eh?

The court decision, as had already been explained to you multiple times, was about if further care was in his best interest. Not where the care should be provided.

You know this so why persist with the ridiculous notion that going to an Italian hospital resolved anything
edit on 28-4-2018 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   

do you think that your courts are the ultimate authority? is no one allowed to disagree with them FFS?

Going to an italian hospital resolves:

- the issue with parental rights, as the courts didn't give birth to that child. the parents did (you guys in the UK have this all backasswards)
- the political hot potato
- the risk to patients and staff due to the mob

But it was more important for your state to remain supreme in their authority

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
It's been all over the news here in England recently. A very sad situation. I feel for poor Alfie and his parents. Not having any children of my own, I can only imagine the pain and suffering they are going through.
He is THEIR child and they will do anything they can for him. The love for a child is something you could ever take away from any parent. It's unconditional.

If taking him to another country is something they feel they need to do, then let them. If they feel it's what they need to do, they should be left to do it.

The hate the hospital is getting is uncalled for. They did everything they could but sadly in some situations, that's not enough. They have given out the advice they feel suits what is happening.

Sadly poor Alfie is not with us anymore. I hope in his next life he gets to enjoy it.

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join