It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Threaten Arrest If Citizens Speak Out Against the State-Sanctioned Death of Baby Alfie Evans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

The government acted on the advice given by the doctors.

There was no real viable treatment at the Vatican hospital either.

Yes it’s gotten messier than it should, but for people to say no effort was made to help him, is complete bs.

Even if you believe that the State has the right to decide medical treatment, how is it reasonable to hold that child prisoner once they had given up trying to save his life?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Just saying I live about 30 miles from Alder Hey children's Hospital they do so much great work the staff are really good they would have done everything for Alfie r.i.p x

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Regardless of what you or I think about this....Why is the government deciding and not the parents?

The clinicians at Alder Hey Children's Hospital were making the decisions because they are the medical experts , the government were supporting their decisions.
Let's not forget the American clinicians who offered help last year until they came to England and saw the evidence for themselves.

This has been a sad story prolonged , it's understandable the parents would want to fight for their child but keeping him alive artificially wasn't in Alfie's best interests , he would never recover from his condition.

RiP Alfie Evans and condolences to his family.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: nickovthenorth

there is almost nothing a force standing against the willful killing of a child through starvation can do that would be disrespectful or in any way disgusting.

If you think that is disrespectful, let it be my kid in Alfie's place.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   
"Malicious Communications" huh.

Quick! They better call in the Counter Phone Phreaking Unit. Roving gangs of pimple faced teenagers armed with Blue Boxes are on the loose and pissed about Alfie. ZOMG!

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   
i am pretty saddened by the excuse that he wasn't starved because he couldn't swallow.

As if that is how the body physically starves. As if we do not have thousands of cases where people who cannot swallow are fed through PEG or NG tube.

In England, if you have a stroke and have trouble swallowing, you could be allowed to starve to death? That is the logic i am seeing be supported here.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Wow . I am sure most of you are aware of baby Alfie Evans in the UK.

The UK has basically decided to let this kid die because he has a degenerative neurological condition that doctors say is incurable.

Now the family who desperately want to keep their son alive has been offered free care at the Vatican hospital where they will try experimental treatments .

For some reason the UK government has decided to not let him go even though it will be no cost to them whatsoever.

Well now the hospital who has decided to murder this child (they are not even feeding him) is upset at all the hatemail and phone calls from around the world .

Not only upset but they have the police monitoring social media accounts looking for anyone speaking out against this and threatening legal action.

I do not understand why the UK would not let this family take their son somewhere else for treatment. You guys across the pond have no rights left .

No gun rights ,no freedom of speech ,not even the freedom to get your own child the care you think he needs.. The drs and the Government get the final say over your childs care ?

Not even the freedom to bitch about the care hes not getting without being arrested.

Despite the fact that this will come at no cost to the UK government or the hospital, they are legally forcing the family to stay in the UK, where they will be denied medical care because the government decided that it was not worth the effort to keep the boy alive. Even worse, the hospital has not been feeding the child while he is under their care, which is now court mandated.

thefreethoughtproject.com...

Hey America you should be more civilized like us and give up your guns. Now excuse me while we go murder this child...

The statement from Merseyside police was in relation to people making threats against the hospital.

Threats about a children's hospital. Let that sink in for a minute then consider if your OP was more than a little ill informed.
edit on 28-4-2018 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
In communist England, health care kill you.

Just like lack of VA care can kill you.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
This thread makes fascinating reading and to me is a great example of how "conspiracy theorists" set themselves up to be ridiculed.

Isnt this site about denying ignorance? How many of you have read the court reports? How many have actually read the legal judgments of this case?

It hasnt been the "government" killing a baby. I my opinion it is a heart breaking example of some amazing parents love for thier child and the incredibly difficult descisions that have had to be made by the judges and the medical professionals.

Sometimes there is no hope and as a parent i dont know if i could let go, however as a outsider and having read the court report i do belive the judge made the best decision he could. There are no bad judgments on the parents in the report and they have been held in high esteem by those in the case. The father seems to be am incredible man and my heart goes out to the parents. They arent out to make money but they should keep every penny that has been donated to them. I hope it can give them some respite and take away some of the everyday pressures so they can deal with what they have been through.

Please ats read look for the truth and dont buy into the headlines!

Regards and respect to all. Laird Tk
edit on 28-4-2018 by LairdTK2 because: It reply too soon...

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

In England, if you have a stroke and have trouble swallowing, you could be allowed to starve to death? That is the logic i am seeing be supported here.

Euthanasia is not legal in this country so the only way to let someone go is to remove treatment if there is no prospect of recovery , Alfie was given end of life palliative care to ease his suffering.

If an animal is suffering and has no chance of recovery we put them to sleep because it's the humane thing to do but sadly Humans don't have the same rights , in some respects our laws are archaic.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

The social media posts that notice is referring to were threats made against medical staff at that hospital.

You think the police should just let nurses and doctors (Most of whom have nothing to do with this poor child) be threatened by strangers with a grudge?

As for experimental treatment...There is nothing that will make the 70% of this child's white matter regrow. NOTHING.
All that would have happened is he would have suffered for nothing.

I understand the parents being devastated, The pope can sod off though.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So you think encouraging people to storm a children's hospital and set fire alarms off is OK or calling the nurses etc murder's or making other parents of terminally ill kids life difficult as they try to enter the hospital to get their own children OK.

Alfie wasn't/isn't the only terminally ill kid in the world renowned children's hospital that is alder hey.

My work colleague's few week old baby is in alder hey for kidney failure as we speak so ill take what's happening at that place is as he say's seeing as he has been there for the last few weeks to see first hand whats going on, People have got bbq's and bouncy castles set up like some sort of carnival event for eff sake!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SATURN66

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt
Well thats England for you. Be a good subject and obey the crown. Doesnt matter if thugs murder you in the street while you're defenseless or your child is dying and you want to try a hail mary. As long as the crown maintains control over its subjects, everything is fine.

sorry but our english law stoped this child from suffering anylonger, its put there for a reason, becouse at the end of the day the parants will fight tooth and nail to keep their child alive even if there is no hope

Suffering huh? Thats what you call it? I call it life. See, when he was alive, the kid had some kind of chance. Not a big chance. But a chance greater than zero. Which is what dead people got. Zero. Nothing. Not even empty blackness. Just no existence. And from THAT there is no hope.
Your english law didnt save anyone. It denied two parents a chance to save what was the center of their world. But hey, the kids dead now, so tell yourself what you need to in order to feel better about your government

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
link

The experts largely agree that PEG tube feeding is of little benefit for most patients with a limited life span

From the study....
The evidence suggests that withholding ANH is neither painful nor uncomfortable. People adapt physiologically to starvation, and studies show that dying patients who stop eating and drinking rarely experience discomfort due to hunger.17 Dehydration usually precedes starvation, causing hemoconcentration and hyperosmolality followed by azotemia, hypernatremia, and hypercalcemia.17 These metabolic changes are thought to have a sedating effect on the brain prior to death, and some think dehydration may increase comfort and minimize pain during the dying process.

Just stop with the sensationalism.
These health care providers followed correct procedures.
He was not starved to death.
He could not swallow..it is not an excuse. It is a fact.
His end of life care included the removal of feeding tubes.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

See, when he was alive, the kid had some kind of chance.

No , he didn't which is why Alder Hey took the decision they did.
Alfie would have been forced to spend the rest of his short life in limbo , a degenerative illness offers no hope.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   

i think no words can ever be so bad that criminality is involved.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The people spouting that he had a chance or potential cure i can only presume haven't read anything more than sensationalist headlines and soundbites.

He had a degenerative brain condition that was killing off his brain, it can't be regrown, healed or miracled back into existence its as simple as that no matter how much we would all like to hope and think it could unfortunately the fact is he was always going to die.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

in am pretty acquainted with what, in the US anyway, would be considered "standards of care".

to any medical staff i have discussed this with (my wife and several family are nurses), and they are all in agreement that this is a disgusting case of state over reach and the murder of a child.

none of them would have remained on the job were they charged with killing alfie in the place of one of your nurses. their nursing judgement would have had them feed the child or resign in protest as an act of advocacy.

you guys can try to rationalize this all you want. but it looks like murder from across the pond.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   

if cure is the only intent of healthcare, then a broad swath of our healthcare is not meeting its intent.

treatment of a condition...that is what healthcare is for. if you can cure it, great. but treating the condition is the goal.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: cosmickat

in am pretty acquainted with what, in the US anyway, would be considered "standards of care".

to any medical staff i have discussed this with (my wife and several family are nurses), and they are all in agreement that this is a disgusting case of state over reach and the murder of a child.

none of them would have remained on the job were they charged with killing alfie in the place of one of your nurses. their nursing judgement would have had them feed the child or resign in protest as an act of advocacy.

you guys can try to rationalize this all you want. but it looks like murder from across the pond.

You claiming life support doesn't ever get turned off in the US? Why isn't that also murder?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join