It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Threaten Arrest If Citizens Speak Out Against the State-Sanctioned Death of Baby Alfie Evans

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Having worked in the medical field I can tell you for a fact that palliative patients are routinely taken off all nutrient support to facilitate the death process

So you can take your feigned know it all bs and stick it somwhere else.....

Well I can tell you that does not happen in the U.K., patients are not refused nutritional support to facilitate death.

Alfie was refused food was he not? They stopped feeding him..

Do you have any children? If not go ask your parents their opinion on whether or not they have the choice.

If you want to choose on your own child to pull the plug fine. Why should anyone else EVER have that choice?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Having worked in the medical field I can tell you for a fact that palliative patients are routinely taken off all nutrient support to facilitate the death process

So you can take your feigned know it all bs and stick it somwhere else.....

Well I can tell you that does not happen in the U.K., patients are not refused nutritional support to facilitate death.

Bs....... You're just trying to throw out what you assume is correct info w absolutely NO background or experience to try and virtue signal

I can tell you that it most certainly does

I have a masters degree in nursing and have worked for years in critical care as well as Ward based care. I am involved in palliative care most weeks.

Nutrition is provided for so long as it is of benefit but nobody is ever deliberately starved of food.
edit on 28-4-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Alfie was refused food was he not? They stopped feeding him..

He couldn’t eat....

The decision was made to let nature take its course, this child had only a limited response to painful stimuli so you can bet that he was not distressed in anyway about not getting his night time meal.

Tube feeding and tpn could have been done but it’s going to make very little difference other than possible give him a line infection or some other problems.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

So yes? They stopped feeding him?

How was he eating before?
edit on 28-4-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I believe he was being NG fed.

But again he did not die of starvation he died because his brain was basically mush.

link   

"He couldn’t eat"

Happens to a lot of our elderly in care homes in alarming numbers and strangely enough, they also die in there beds also because they are not fed by tube or otherwise.

Whats natural about medical science or any science for that matter other than our participation?

edit on 28-4-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

link   
Not one of you that agree with this have said yes I have children..

Im sorry but in this instance if you dont have children your opinion on this is completely worthless..

link   

But again he did not die of starvation he died because his brain was basically mush.

Or did he die because they pulled the plug?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I would love to know how many of the people arguing this was the right call actually have children..

Yes and for the sake of my child and with a heavy heart I would have accepted the prognosis of the experts.
I have also lost a child in infancy so know the pain that brings.

link   

Lol so long as it is of benefit...... At which point THEY decide it is not and halt it..

Do you not see you just confirmed what I said

link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Im sorry but in this instance if you dont have children your opinion on this is completely worthless..

I have a 3 year old son but that’s none of your business and does not make my views any more or less credible

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

His brain wasn't mush, that's a lie.... He was even responsive uo until the day he died..... Fact

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Or did he die because they pulled the plug?

Yes he died because he was off the vent, who knows how much longer he would have “lived” if he was kept on it

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I have a 3 year old son but that’s none of your business and does not make my views any more or less credible

No what affects credibility is accuracy of information, which clearly isn't something you want to take part in

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

The problem with this question, thou is most people in the medical field are very desensitized to emotion and just look at the biological or logical problem, disregarding emotions or RIGHTS for that matter, so in hindsight I am sure allot of nurses and doctors may agree with this decision because of their position.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I would love to know how many of the people arguing this was the right call actually have children..

Yes and for the sake of my child and with a heavy heart I would have accepted the prognosis of the experts.
I have also lost a child in infancy so know the pain that brings.

And that is fine.. But shouldnt it be your choice in the end?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Or maybe you never had any common sense in the first place?

Educate yourself on the situation, nobody was getting starved to death and as far as I can tell you don't know shot about this case or the treatment this child received.

Prove me wrong and show me the medication treatment sheet and your own credentials that prove you have even the slightest clue what you're talking about.

I'll not hold my breath.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

His brain wasn't mush, that's a lie.... He was even responsive uo until the day he died..... Fact

Well the evidence presented in court said differently

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

It makes your views more credible..

So you would be allright with the state making this decision for your son?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I guess I will fight for what I think is right tonight. Again, why did a court intervene with what parents of a sick child want to do?

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join