It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Threaten Arrest If Citizens Speak Out Against the State-Sanctioned Death of Baby Alfie Evans

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Argyll

Our Doctors and system gave up.

Their Doctors at least wanted to try, and that was the parents wish.

Again we are back to crap in one hand, wish in the other.

But we did not need to add to the crap, as #e happens anyhow.

Done now, lets just hope the public outcry somewhat sheds some light on the whole situation.

Edit: but Let the poor wee chaps family greve first!

edit on 28-4-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: ArMaP

Hence government.. your smarter than this.

Courts are independent from the government.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

And this is my point this story, should be a big deal to our British cousins, how far is to far when it comes to deciding what we want for our loved ones. I am gonna settle down a little I think we got to the point.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Ok the judicial branch of the hence government is government they enforce the legislative branch of government... stop it

Your picking on me now.

I am backing away now..

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

They offered help. But my understanding is the British government did not allow them to help, can you help justify and help me understand that logic?

I think part of the reason this debate has become so circular is posts like this.

People who don’t even get that government and courts are separate yet want to have a debate on the issue as if they know what they’re talking about when it comes to a topic that is as legally and ethically complex as it gets.
edit on 28-4-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Bull crap the courts are the government. They enforce the laws of the land... Am I missing something?

link   
a reply to: Bicent

Let me ask a question, say god forbid we get an illness that is not curable a terminal illness and doctors say they can’t save us in the country we live in, but say a foreign country has a trial procedure they can try on you that has a chance to save you

What was the "trial procedure" the Italian doctors were going to use?

link   

They offered help.

They offered to do the same thing that was being done at the hospital he was in. There was also some talk about the possibility of a whole genome sequencing, but that would not help the boy, it would be only to try to find more information about the disease.

But my understanding is the British government did not allow them to help, can you help justify and help me understand that logic?

I'm still waiting for evidence that the court (not the government) didn't allow the moving of the boy to a different hospital, so I cannot comment on that.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Bull crap the courts are the government. They enforce the laws of the land... Am I missing something?

Yeah but I don’t think I have the time or patience to explain it to you

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Your arguing semantics, not cool..

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Not here in old blighty.

The government has and will be held accountable for it's actions, the sitting government has lost quite a few court cases and has had to pay for it's ineptitude.

Our courts are independent from government. Hence why our high court has found our government to be acting unlawful, on numerous occasions.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Exactly why didn’t the hospital let the parents take the child somewhere else that would allow them to keep the child on life support RIGHT OR WRONG.

Would you let the parents of a child you had been taking care of to take it away if you thought was wrong?

If the doctors thought moving it was the wrong decision it's natural they would object.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I think this is where I am right. The debate ends here courts enforce governmental law henceforth the government.. it was sad but arguing over semantics, is arguably cumbersome. Would not be surprised if you guys are part of the authority.
edit on 28-4-2018 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Except when they are not!

Courts are the government.

Laws are there to serve the people in power.

Else why do we fine the homeless for being homeless?

Just one example but rather on da nose.

link   

Probably it’s there right I might be wrong also, why would I think it was wrong is what I would be asking myself..

link   

I think this is where I am right. The debate ends here courts enforce governmental law henceforth the government.. it was sad but arguing over semantics, is arguably cumbersome. Would not be surprised if you guys are part of the authority.

It’s not semantics it’s you demonstrating you don’t have any understanding of what your talking about.

In the UK our courts are independent from government

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Your arguing semantics, not cool..

I don't understand why you say that, could you please be more specific?
Thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

No because debating the semantics is not productive, point well taken, their will be two sides no matter what.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

What paranoid drivel.

Laws are set here with precedence since we use common law, the same rule book so to speak that about 70% of the world use.

Fear itself... Can be defeated with mere knowledge of the subject at hand.

I've never been done for a crime, in essence government policy says I should have on more than one occasion... From personal experience and the testimony of others I can conclude that the police do NOT work for government.

They work for the people. Most cops use better judgement in situations. Policing is very difficult if just going by the books.
edit on 28-4-2018 by RAY1990 because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

If Alfie's second name had been Rockefeller, or Windsor for that matter, do you imagine these independent UK courts would have come to the same conclusion?

We are not American, it's not God, country, family, there are no three traditional virtues, its just family!

What have we become?

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join