It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My visit to The Skinwalker Ranch, 2018

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

I wonder if the film will have the nerve to include them? Just as disturbing - if not as surreal - were the accounts of New Mexico Highway Patrol officers being terrorised by ghoulish creatures that ran ALONGSIDE their vehicles at high speeds.

i hope they include it, those were the real high strangeness stories

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

i remenber hearing that one of the reported experiences was one where they saw what looked like a ambulance coming into high speed into a fence near the ranch, when it reached the fence it began floating!

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
CTJ's Spoiler Free Review

A very enjoyable documentary which also adds a new dimension to the topic.

Whilst it would be totally unreasonable to expect a definitive solution to the mystery, there are, much to my surprise, some clear pieces of progress in a few areas.

Robbie. Not a huge presence in the documentary unless you have the extras which is a pity. Comes across as an intelligent and witty contributor. I'd love to see him talk more about this topic.

George Knapp. You can consider Jeremy's documentary to be the wrapping and updating of George's original, unreleased documentary. George, as always comes across aa the trusted, grounded journalist in a sea of insanity. It's hard not to watch and think anything other than George has been burdened with a lot, maybe too much. At times the stress shows on his face.

Mark. If only there was more of him in the main documentary. The fireside extended chat really gave more of a sense of the man, and he comes across just like he does here. Instantly likeable and trustworthy.

Jeremy Corbell. Manages to walk a fine line between being upbeat, positive and genuinely curious and open minded, in the face of something quite horrific. As a film maker, he's achieved a monuments success faced with a difficult challenge of combining various mixed media sources and formats into whole. Occasionally, before it finds its stride, the contemporary sections feel more like promos than content. Once he hits his stride, though, there is a great balance between stylists, atmosphere and context.

The 'owner'. For the sake of everyone I'll keep my opinions to myself on who the owner is. I think that there are perhaps a few too many clues in the overall package. I will say this, he seems less of an imposing figure than I was expecting from the trailers. I was surprised that an empire builder also drives everyone. A man of action.

A few things are missing, that appeared to be likely included. The footage ands stills of the mysterious camera dissambely whilst present on Jeremys blackboard feature no where in the film.

Highly recommended.
edit on 11-9-2018 by ctj83 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2018 by Springer because: Corrected the spelling of my name ;-)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

Thanks for the kind words CTJ83, (it's marK though
).

The movie is at #1 on the iTunes Documentaries Chart right now so that's a good thing for Jeremy and George.

I'm looking forward to seeing the whole thing.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Doh! Apologies.

Did it get cold at night there? It did not look warm around that fire (that seemed to always be on the verge of dying out).

I hope people support as much as possible from ATS.

I’m expecting it to do well on iTunes. People consistently underestimate how well paranormal documentaries do on streaming platforms perhaps becuase they use DVD sales as a metric.

George looks stressed at points. Really felt for the guy. A great job all round.

I’ve seen a few people say nothing much is reveals, but without giving too much away, the insight into machine butchery, AI, mind control, the yet to be revealed bigger UAP program. All good stuff.

Those towers creep me out though. I was surprised more wasn’t made of that.

I want a T-Shirt with the Alien Biohazard logo on!
edit on 11-9-2018 by ctj83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ctj83

A few things are missing, that appeared to be likely included. The footage ands stills of the mysterious camera dissambely whilst present on Jeremys blackboard feature no where in the film.

Highly recommended.

On the one hand, I praised the the film (9/10) in the review thread as an intro for unfamiliar newbies, but as a counterpoint to your assessment in THIS thread, I also sniped at it from the standpoint of veterans anticipating unseen and new evidence; something other than what's featured in the trailer - in that respect, we were arguably played like a fiddle. What was thrown aside without further analysis beggars questions, eg the 'twin towers' CCTV footage - the sexy carrot waved at boggle-eyed faces and wallets (MEOWWW!). When the 'new evidence' is apparently the three videos released by TTSA, one can understand any resultant head-slapping frustration.

I suspect Jeremy's blackboard was a load of contrived nonsense for 'busy' show; same goes for some of the staged interviews with Knapp and his unconvincing mood swings when asked 'difficult' questions. Made me laugh, though, as did the OTT method of disguising new owner Mr X.

No smoking dogs, and no mention of the vandalised cameras? The latter surprised me.

Glad you enjoyed it, ctj. It sure will divide people. As a useful, intelligent, all-encompassing film based on a fascinating book of ghost stories with no fresh or unseen evidence attached, it is indeed highly recommended - but we need to be wary of differing expectations.

PS: And Springer came across very well indeed! I'm repeating myself now, so I'll shut my gob.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Just finished the film and it was everything I hoped it would be- it included most of George's never seen before footage from the 1990's and did a fantastic job at boiling down a hugely complex story into something the layman (like me) can digest and think upon.

I can also attest to the genuineness of the emotions the locals were showing in the film, it is real, the effects of the phenomenon there are REAL and they impact real hardworking people. No actors in this flick at all, I was there and met them. They are decent and normal folk.

I give it 5 out of 5 stars.

Mark

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Empire builder?

Bigelow?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: reject

Whoever the guy is, he looks very very stressed. I’d not have filmed his hands if it were me.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I wouldn't say he's stressed, I was with him that day and he was very happy to have us all there, I believe it's just a habit. Most really intense and smart people I've come to know over my life have a tell, the hand wringing while thinking is a fairly common one.

Heck, even I do it when I'm *really thinking* about what I'm going to say in a live recording situation from time to time...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I have to admit I was paying close attention to his hands though as well. Noticing the rings.. the age of the hands etc. My interest in the owners identity stems from my desire to visit the ranch. Not out of mere curiousity, but as a shaman, I feel very drawn to the place.. and honestly feel that someday it is meant for me to visit. Time will tell how that goes. I enjoyed the film, and understand the disappointment I have seen some express at the lack of evidence promised. However I have also been in the situation of trying to capture evidence of phenomenon and run into similar problems.. whatever is behind many unusual phenomenon does not like to be recorded on our terms.. it allows it on its own terms and really does seem to have an active precognitive ability to avoid when it chooses while still being disturbing at the same time. Over all I enjoyed the film, and the extras.. I am glad I pre-ordered in time! The witness testimony which seems so flimsy to those who have not experienced the unknown themselves is more than moving to those who have. My gut feeling is this activity is more dimensional in nature than ET. Not saying that there is no ET element involved.. but.. the core issue is gateway related. Thank you to all involved for sharing this with the public finally.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
Just finished the film and it was everything I hoped it would be- it included most of George's never seen before footage from the 1990's and did a fantastic job at boiling down a hugely complex story into something the layman (like me) can digest and think upon.

YAY! Someone who was actually THERE.

Glad you liked it, Springer. I just watched it a second time once the dust of anticipation and expectation had cleared - as in nothing substantially new to be gleaned evidence-wise since the book's publication in 2005. I admired it even more as the best documentary I could have imagined seeing of such a complex case, clearly and cleverly setting out its stall within the first half hour, the use of editing and non-intrusive mood music creating an almost palpable atmosphere for ALL viewers - new and grizzled alike.

It fulfills Corbell's criteria for his 'Extraordinary Beliefs' library perfectly - no doubt set to be the definitive collection of HS on film in terms of thoughtfulness and professionalism, no doubt about that.

The trailer did its job alright, Springer! I was sucked in by the standard hyperbolic promises of new, never-seen-before "evidence" - all of which was in the trailer, bar a second or two - not realising that the REALLY 'new footage' comprised the 3 video releases that spread across global headlines since Dec 2017. I actually laughed loudly, knowing I'd been 'had' to some extent on that point, but perhaps I was also naive to believe otherwise.

So, as a documentary on its own terms, it was excellent. As a promise of profound new revelations about the Phenomenon since 2005, it was a profound failure. But that's the nature of the marketing game, and why I mentioned earlier that varying expectations will colour the final judgement.

I can also attest to the genuineness of the emotions the locals were showing in the film, it is real, the effects of the phenomenon there are REAL and they impact real hardworking people. No actors in this flick at all, I was there and met them. They are decent and normal folk.

The locals certainly seemed genuine, and I appreciated them more on second viewing, knowing the parameters of the whole film and not shifting uneasily in my seat with impatience, if you know what I mean. Talking of acting, the only blatant examples come from dear 'ole George whose attempts at shifty "Ooooooo, can't answer that, so I'll sidle out of shot"-style moments with Corbell were.. well, very funny, although not the desired effect!

One more thing, Springer - for the love of all that is Hynek, could you PLEASE provide at least a grain of info about the notorious 'materialising twin towers' CCTV shot that so entranced potential customers. If any visual evidence amounted to anything at all, it was THIS, but both Knapp and Corbell glossed over it, leaving this viewer perplexed and not a little bit suspicious.

Was a full analysis undertaken of that footage? Did NIDS examine the territory afterwards? What happened before that shot and, perhaps more importantly, what happened afterwards? How long were the buildings there? Did NIDS think it was an example of the Phenomenon's sick sense of humour regarding 9/11? Even as an example of 'ghost' footage, it's potentially up there as the most convincing imagery since the days of Harry Price & Co 100 years ago, especially under scientific conditions. But not enough for the documentary to even underline it as important? Hmmm.

PS: The extended campfire chat in the Extras was fascinating and curiously very relaxing! More of it should have been threaded into the main feature.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   

That's good to hear I guess. I didn't hear anything that would have been that stressful.

I suspect, if it had been a wider shot, I'd not focus on the hands, and would have a really different view of the mood of 'the owner'.

One thing I think a lot of people would like clarity on is the security footage:
- The twin towers appearing
- The front on view of the towers
- The weird contrail

Are these genuine pieces of footage / stills. If so, why hasn't anyone commented on them? Essentially these were the biggest bits of new footage.

I've done an analysis myself on the original trailer footage, and as I mentioned at the time, there is something everyone missed about those towers appearing. I've not shared that analysis for two major reason. 1) It could possibly be MPEG artefacts 2) I don't want to preempt or disrupt anything Corbell or Knapp might be doing.

Now I've got better quality footage, I'm going to rerun my analysis. If no one, including Jeremy has found what I suspect is there, it could prove interesting.

Alternatively, I don't want to end up with egg on my face

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

That's good to hear I guess. I didn't hear anything that would have been that stressful.

I suspect, if it had been a wider shot, I'd not focus on the hands, and would have a really different view of the mood of 'the owner'.

One thing I think a lot of people would like clarity on is the security footage:
- The twin towers appearing
- The front on view of the towers
- The weird contrail

Are these genuine pieces of footage / stills. If so, why hasn't anyone commented on them? Essentially these were the biggest bits of new footage.

I've done an analysis myself on the original trailer footage, and as I mentioned at the time, there is something everyone missed about those towers appearing. I've not shared that analysis for two major reason. 1) It could possibly be MPEG artefacts 2) I don't want to preempt or disrupt anything Corbell or Knapp might be doing.

Now I've got better quality footage, I'm going to rerun my analysis. If no one, including Jeremy has found what I suspect is there, it could prove interesting.

Alternatively, I don't want to end up with egg on my face

Ctj83. Not seen this documentary but reading your comments sound very interesting indeed?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

It might be.

Right now the lack of clarity on the provenance of the clip and photos means there could be other explanations.

What I don't want to do is release something, to step on the toes of George, Jeremy etc.

The nature of the footage, I feel is an omission that it's best to give them an opportunity to reply on.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

a reply to: Baablacksheep

It might be.

Right now the lack of clarity on the provenance of the clip and photos means there could be other explanations.

What I don't want to do is release something, to step on the toes of George, Jeremy etc.

The nature of the footage, I feel is an omission that it's best to give them an opportunity to reply on.

That sounds like a wise move
edit on 13-9-2018 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Good to hear, cjj83, I look forward to your comments after further analysis.

I seem to remember concerns (before I joined ATS and lurked incessantly) that those pieces of footage were filmed off a television screen rather than a direct source for Knapp's documentary. Plus, there were suspicions about the on-screen clock timer.

However, I'll just wait to hear your thoughts - don't worry about egg on your face; there's enough splattered egg already in regard to those clips, I wager. They may only be a few seconds within a 130-min film, but that doesn't diminish their importance for various reasons, one being Trust.

To be fair, it's often forgotten but the cattle mutilation footage and subsequent extremely detailed analyses online IS fascinating in itself and probably the best evidence NIDS compiled, and has been available for everyone to read for a long time. It's just not NEW, of course.

One quibble about the mutilations is that NIDS were never present when they occurred, only there for the aftermath and taking the Shermans' word for what had occurred, including associated all-important timings. Same for the 'Magic Trailer' incident. I'm not saying NIDS were 'set up', just speaking from the POV of scientific purity and lack of contamination per se.

Another point - Papa Sherman in the book makes it clear that he took substantial video footage of the Phenomenon, often resorting to sneaking and hiding in order to capture the 'trickster' when it was off its guard - the conclusion being that the Thing was not infallible.

Where's the footage? A gigantic trumpeting elephant in the room? Why has nobody pursued that angle?

Add in allegations that the previous owners witnessed no anomalous activity at all before the Shermans bought the ranch in 1994 - which Bigelow wasn't chuffed about - and that the oft-mentioned 'bolted doors & windows' scenario was entirely false, then perhaps more pertinent questions need to be asked. (I haven't researched those last two points myself but I know Mirageman has been doing some fruitful digging.)

edit on 13-9-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

I think you’ve hit upon a few major points. I’m a skeptic, but not a pathological one. So, I’ll suspend disbelief for a moment.

Sherman / Gorman proved many times that phenomena is not infallible.

It can anticipate - but to be fair if you can cloak yourself and sit in on NIDs meetings you don’t need to read minds...

It’s been argued by Tom DeLonge and others that the crashes may have been orchestrated to shift the balance of power between nations.

I think that might be the case here with some things, it wants to be seen. However, the new owner tells us that things have changed - the phenomena is now seriously hurting people. Sounds like panic.

It also appears a machine with two sharp metal knives dealt with that cow.

So we have fallible but sneaky ‘others’ that use knives. Not the power of their minds or gamma beams.

Knives.

There’s a suggestion that the phenomena has a possession or infiltration capability.

In which case, it’s likely one or more of NIDs were or are under control of hitchhikers. That is a huge concern and may explain the REAl reason why the phenomena has been so elusive over the years.

Every investigation has been sabotaged from the inside.
edit on 13-9-2018 by ctj83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I miss KellyPrettyBear

He had some good ideas about what it was and alot relating to some of the points in your post.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

Kev saw all of this coming. When you consider who he knows, you have to wonder.

The thing that gets me, is the use of knives to removed 75lbs of the calf that is featured in the documentary.

Why knives?

Again, it suggests that whatever "it" is, doesn't have the ability to manipulate matter to any sort of degree that people think.

I wonder if they were made from Sheffield steel?

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join