It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My visit to The Skinwalker Ranch, 2018

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

Wow, Jeremy is busy! The Bob Lazar Doc is coming December on the heels of the September Skinwalker Doc!

Sneek peak on the Skinwalker Doc. Really sounds promising!

edit on 30-8-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I hope the Skinwalker documentary is better than the trailer.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I have it on order for Sept 11th.

Having just re-read the 2005 book, I'm suitably hyped but cautious, too. Results and footage/photographs of the scientific observations since the book's publication will obviously be major highlights for those of us well-acquainted with the repeated stories of giant wolves, flying fridges, invisible vandals, dinosaurs in trees, poltergeists obsessed with shopping, and dark beings exiting materialised tunnels, etc.

Springer has already deliciously teased us earlier in the thread, having seen more recent video footage, but it will be relaxing to sit through the 'classic' experiences as seen and heard by people who were actually THERE rather than those hotfooting it, ducking and diving around the security patrols ever since George Knapp 'spilled the beans' with his sanctioned 2002 articles.

Could this documentary be a... Game Changer?

And will it continue Corbell's curious penchant for fish tanks?

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit
a reply to: aardhaggis

iTunes extra include over 1 hour of Bonus footage! Hmmm!!??
edit on 31-8-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

ok - re the " skinwalker teaser "

as your friends , family , assaociates one simple question :

what is the skinwalker ranch

untill you get a honest reply of " no idea "

then get that person to waych the " teaser "

then ask the question again

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

The final 2-hour+ cut was trimmed from four hours, so I'm not surprised by a hour of bonus material.

Considering the mysterious footage of a 'materialising building' in the trailer (discussed earlier in the thread and hinted at by by Knapp in a recent magazine article) is relegated to the Bonus Basket, can we assume that's a good sign of how fascinating the main feature's material really is?

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I think if you haven't read the Knaap Skinwalker book that the Skinwalker Documentary will be riveting. If you have an awarenesss of it already, it might be less so for you. Jeremy has already proven himself as a great storyteller in his previous efforts, so I bet you'll enjoy it.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

I think if you haven't read the Knaap Skinwalker book that the Skinwalker Documentary will be riveting. If you have an awarenesss of it already, it might be less so for you. Jeremy has already proven himself as a great storyteller in his previous efforts, so I bet you'll enjoy it.

Oh, I've just re-read the 2005 book, and am suitably pumped up for the docu, no worries, PP.

Since the ranch and NIDS' investigation (plus ensuing BAASS projects there) seemed to inject new life into government interest in UAPs (including visits to the ranch by the DIA), I sense this will be far more than a standard documentary of a best-seller. After all, 13 years since publication is a helluva long time in ufology!

Also, Corbell is a rather unique filmmaker - some may be left perplexed by the slow, meticulous, quiet approach to his subjects compared to the usual cacophony of rolling fast edits, raging hyperbole and disrespect for human thought and patience. Corbell allows time for us to ponder and reflect while we watch.

Exactly what this phenomenon needs.

edit on 31-8-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
What parts of the Knaap book grabbed you by the collar and shocked you?

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
What parts of the Knaap book grabbed you by the collar and shocked you?

The steady build-up of the Sherman/Gorman family's experiences between 1994-96 gradually got under my skin, thanks to Knapp or Kelleher's writing technique - have they ever stated who wrote what? My money's on George writing most if not all of the Sherman and NIDS chapters, with Kelleher responsible for the concluding hypotheses.

When the NIDS chapters begin, the tension really increases with that extra added edge of scientific reality as opposed to enticing campfire tales.

The three creepiest highlights for me...

1) Mrs Sherman witnessing a landed craft beside the homestead with a 'humanoid' inside, sat at a desk, observing her. Really chills me despite its surface ridiculousness!

2) Dr Eric Davis (unnamed in the book) witnessing a shifting black mass through night-vision, which then telepathically spoke to him.

3) The tunnel... I'm sure you know that story- EEK!

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

but the best stories sadly never got in the book like the ciggarete smoking dogmen and the flying ambulance

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Jeremy asked me about he and George doing an AMA (Ask Me Anything) thread here on ATS the week of movie's release (September 11th), naturally I said YES.

Stay tuned...

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Thanks Springer! I'd imagine once some of us have seen the doc, our questions will be better formed

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Great point.

Heck, I'm still waiting to see the final cut. Mostly (if I'm honest) to see if any of the footage I was in made it through Jeremy's final edit. If I did make the final edit (Jeremy says I did), this will be the first legit movie I've ever been in.

I've been in a few TV shows and that's all good, but, a movie, well, that would make this old man happy and would give me something to show off to the grandkids.

ETA: I did get a sneak peak of the movie while we were at The Ranch, obviously that was before any of the footage of our visit to The Ranch was shot.

What I saw in that early viewing was a compelling documentary that tells this huge and complex story in a way that truly does help break it down and makes it accessible to those of us who don't have hundreds of hours to do the research into it.

edit on 9-1-2018 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Sounds great Springer.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hey Springer, will you attempt to see it on a cinema screen with a bag of popcorn for the FULL effect? You know you want to.

And yeah, I trust Corbell to keep a firm grip on such a complex case, especially the DIA's involvement.

originally posted by: humanoidlord

but the best stories sadly never got in the book like the ciggarete smoking dogmen

I wonder if the film will have the nerve to include them?

Just as disturbing - if not as surreal - were the accounts of New Mexico Highway Patrol officers being terrorised by ghoulish creatures that ran ALONGSIDE their vehicles at high speeds.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   

You the MAN!
Create your IMDB profile now.
edit on 3-9-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

You're living the life!!

The next Jason Statham!
edit on 3-9-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Tell us about the ambulance flying!

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join