It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My visit to The Skinwalker Ranch, 2018

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

I'll refrain from commenting at the moment as I haven't watched the documentary. There are both good and reviews out there. But the main issue with it all seems to be that anecdotal evidence is the major driver of the film. But isn't that the whole problem with the 'phenomenon'?

I guess given enough resources the mystery could be solved. But maybe we don't actually have the right resources or comprehension to do it.

i'll post this Twin Peaks clip (yet again!) because, although this is fiction, it's probably as close to an explanation as we can get at the moment.

Enjoy, endure or ignore...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Love that clip....Lots of things in there that make you go hmmmm.

I'm sure lynch had a DeLorean

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Yup, the TP clip sums it up nicely.

Or, as Kelleher hypothesised in the 2005 book, we may be the equivalent of ants living next to a motorway; or like a gorilla sanctuary going about our business, unaware of the true nature and PURPOSE of our immediate surroundings.

Would we humans send a delegate to meet the Chief Ape of such a sanctuary to try and explain? Nahh.

In other words, we could forever remain discombobulated and utterly clueless. Marvellous. Anyone for tea and muffins?

edit on 13-9-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

I'll refrain from commenting at the moment as I haven't watched the documentary. There are both good and reviews out there. But the main issue with it all seems to be that anecdotal evidence is the major driver of the film. But isn't that the whole problem with the 'phenomenon'?

I guess given enough resources the mystery could be solved. But maybe we don't actually have the right resources or comprehension to do it.

i'll post this Twin Peaks clip (yet again!) because, although this is fiction, it's probably as close to an explanation as we can get at the moment.

Enjoy, endure or ignore...

Im not convinced. A cute clip of course but...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Regarding the weird security camera footage, I reached out to him on social media and he said, "I gotta sleep... but it was an apparition caught on the security cameras that appeared to some to resemble the twin towers... your guess is as good as mine."

I originally assumed it was filmed from the TV monitor because the new owner didn't want to give out the tapes or something.b I'd be very interested in any analysis of this little clip.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

The UNSEEN HAND. Closer to reality than it may first seem.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Smugallo

Keep us updated!

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

I'd also like to add that Mr. Corbell has confirmed that the footage in question is from the NIDS era, which means there has to be more info on it somewhere. Not sure we'll ever see it though.
edit on 14/9/2018 by Smugallo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Have you guys thought that perhaps intellect and science may not be the correct tools for the job of understanding?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Smugallo

I've Asked Jeremy about it and whether he plans on digging into it, if he doesn't I'd say ctj83 should go forward with his analysis.

I'll update this thread when he responds to my text.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Nice one Springer. I enjoyed the film I must admit, but as more of a visual reference along with the book rather than anything providing major insights.. It certainly did have some tantalising moments, the spooky tower being one of them.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

edit on 14-9-2018 by justwokeup because: Posted in the wrong place.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Awesome.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

Jeremy said, and I quote,

"That's great! There's a lot to discuss about it. They will figure out some stuff that will inspire questions and curiosity. I'll be responsive once they get their analysis together"

So, get after it! I look forward to reading your thoughts here on ATS.

Definitely worthy of its own thread.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Good news. Curiouser and curiouser. It's been fourteen years since the footage. No mention of it in the 2005 book, although Kelleher & Knapp probably didn't have time to include it before publication. If Knapp's docu HAD been transmitted in the early 2000s, would TV audiences have dismissed it as casually as NIDS seemed to?

Sorry, I'm like a dog with a bone when things don't add up, and 2 + 2 = 5 if it takes lil' 'ole ATS to kick butts into action over potentially explosive evidence of ghostly HS after fourteen years.

Yet it is clearly a dangling carrot in Corbell's own trailer, even if it's part and parcel of the trailer Game - eg, the "Ohhh GODDD!" audio from an unconnected video dubbed onto footage of a NIDS member leaning over some undergrowth - all part of the marketing game. But the towers were something else entirely.

And if ctj83 could have access to the full sequence (ie how long the towers were there for starters - again, seemingly trivial from the film's POV), then his analysis could be all the more full and conclusive.

edit on 14-9-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

Then you really haven't been scared sh*tless yet.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Things that would be useful to know.

Frame rate of the security camera ( I think it's 30 frames per minute)
Was the footage shot progressive or interlaced
Media it was recorded on (vhs-c, beta etc)
If Jeremy ever got direct access to the tape or only the screen playback

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

Standard frame rate is 30 frames per second, I'll ask him about the other stuff.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Thanks Springer - I was assuming that security cameras might run at a different rate to make the tape last longer.

Any information will be very helpful!

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
So the appearing/fading in thingy in the trailer is in the movie? What was it?
edit on 15-9-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55 >>

join