It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is wrong to criticize Amazon

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The market changed and you can no longer make money off of someone else's work. Small businesses on Etsy seem to be doing great in this current market.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: seeker1963

Check out how Amazon gets out of paying taxes!

Hasn't Trump acknowledged that he found ways to not pay taxes for years? Doesn't he refuse to release his tax returns? How does Trump have any right to criticize others for not paying taxes when he seems so proud to not have paid any himself?

Doesn't surprise me seeing you jumping on your fake moral high horse.

If Trump get's over on the tax system who is at fault? Trump or the effed up bought and paid for elected officials?

Do you know why the IRS was implemented in the first place?

I'll let you look that up mister virtue signaling genius!

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Your statement here proves you know nothing of the importance of the advent of the automobile.

It changed every business in the country substantially.

I do not have to have ran an online retail business to know that amazon could make that difficult.

Nor does that somehow mean because you did you have all of the answers.

But please, go on telling us how amazon is skynet, and how they are develop[oing robot terminators to kill us all.

I mean, you had an online shop, so clearly you know all about this!

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

So you're going to cry about one rich man exploiting the tax system but blame the system itself when another man does it?
edit on 3/29/2018 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Amazon is monopolizing the retail industry. You go to their site, find what you want and order it. All without leaving your chair. Most retailers have websites but Amazon is established on the net, very popular and trusted.

In the future the only places to shop will be Amazon and Walmart. With Amazon first and Walmart second for the items one needs immediately.

I use Amazon frequently because going to a retail store is hit and miss. The only problem I see with ordering from Amazon is the product can't be inspected. All one has to go on are the reviews, which often is spammed with good reviews by the company offering the product.

As for exploiting the US tax system, most large corporations do it. Look at Apple, Inc., what taxes they pay is payed in Ireland.
edit on 29-3-2018 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I have a retail store...guess who I buy most of my business supplys, displays, lights, almost everything a retail operation needs from....Amazon

High quality, free delivery, best prices. That's how free enterprise works...

Capitalism.....Trump is astonishingly stupid. I wonder how much stuff the white house orders from Amazon.

Ivanka even sells her sh!t on Amazon...www.amazon.com...

What an absolute, dork...Pres. Spanky is!! whine, whine, whine

edit on 29-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I'm talking trends forecasting stuff herein.

You know the increasingly bleak picture of robots replacing an increasing percentage of 'every' kind of little people worker from retail to driving to flipping burgers to even construction, not to mention even computer programmer type jobs.

So people look at that and go 'ho well its the future there will be new things people can get into'.

And behold that one thing people stuck at home could have gotten into was online sales type stuff.

Meanwhile, government subsidized Amazon JUGGERNAUT stoked into completely turning that entire realm upsidedown.

But you have prior inventions as a talking point to try and compare with a juggernaut robberbarron business model. As if the two are the same categorical thing worthy of comparison.

You go on with that. Good luck with that.

If you've ever tried to start any kind of business then you'd know why I keep insisting the importance of factoring in the threat this all is to upwards social mobility.

A trend which is already ever more on the dumps each year, while all the wealth is increasingly snatched up by the big fish, and they're taking those profits and investing into robots to replace people with.

Note I didnt actually say terminators about Amazon, I said "Skynet", as in they're in on building AGI (where AGI and proper war bots is mostly Google territory last I checked, although I suspect they're in some kind of cahoots by now). Look up AGI. If you've never heard of that then...
Welcome to the Unpossible Future... The AGI Manhattan Project

Are you even an inventor? I am. Natural born. And there goes another nearly impossible avenue for little people to get in on setting themselves up for life. Instead the big boys have the USPTO all twisted around against little people to the tune of its pointless for inventors to even bother with it, to even bother 'being inventors'.
Beyond Conspiracy: US Patent Laws Designed To Crush Social Economic Mobility

But people did have a nice potential thing in their future getting an online thing going, until the juggernaut took over that is.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

It's Not Very Hard for the Average Joe to Criticize a Techno Giant Monopoly with Sheit Loads of Money to Burn Any Way they Choose . As a Matter of Fact , it is a Grave Danger to our Democratic Republic that Represents All Americans , and Not just some Hitler Wannabe Online Store........

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Lets assume you are right, that the economy will make everyone live in abject poverty, with the only escape being online retail.

This is such an absurd claim it hardly seems worth while to indulge, despite you expert opinion as someone who has online retail.

But fine lets go with it.

DId you know half of all of Amazons business is third party vendors?

You know, like individuals that would have never been able to set up the network to reach a large audience, but thnaks to amazon can now sell their products to everyone.

So how will people starve to death in this future because of amazon exactly?

Places like etsy, new egg, chewy, blue apron, and literally thousands of other sites prove that you can still have a business selling things online with amazon in existence.

Your skynet delusions are all well and good, but lets not pretend that because you had an online retail business, this somehow makes you an expert on such things.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

You know the increasingly bleak picture of robots replacing an increasing percentage of 'every' kind of little people worker from retail to driving to flipping burgers to even construction, not to mention even computer programmer type jobs

At which point we change our economic model. The threat of robotics has been known for a while. It predates Amazon.

Hindering progress is a greater threat to the future of humanity than the end of the 9-5 job.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

First they changed the base of our economy from manufacturing to consumer base,

You really think Amazing is to blame for widespread consumerism?

If we had plenty of manufacturing jobs for people to work at, it would be fine, but we don't, too much imports.

Amazon itself manufactures very little, so it's a false equivalency to say that Amazon itself has negatively impacted (US) manufacturing of products. Amazon just uses the best suppliers for its business interests (and thereby increasing profit), which happen to be imports, just like Walmart, which is also a trade issue.

The only jobs being lost are the negative impact Amazon has on brick and mortar stores closing. Brick and mortar can't compete, but that is the free market, something I hear a lot of positives things about, but only when convenient .

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

So one retail company completely disrupting essentially 'every' other company, that's "progress", now?

A business model run amok is the new scale of progress.

It actually would be great for progressives. All that. "Change the economic model" he says. You hearing all this, Grambler?

Amazon is a chief front amongst emerging modern robberbarrons.

You like history right?

It was the methods of the OG Robberbarrons that trolled Anarchism/Marxism/Communism (in that order) into existence.

And now the methods of the Nu-Robberbarrons (in this world the OG Robberbarrons designed) that is poised to drive it finally home, worldwide.

You dont like the SJW agenda? Well keep backing the worst "Capitalism" has to offer, on mere principal of not "bothering" "companies", and they'll "win" in the end.
edit on 29-3-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I generally like Amazon. Pretty low prices, comparatively, free shipping, and no sales tax unless Amazon itself is selling the product (which is about to change here in GA, because they're on the way to passing a bill that charges sales tax on ALL online purchases).

It's consumer friendly and convenient, which is what people want. It's a smart business development. Free market, supply and demand.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Yep, you keep on saying that.

One only has to look at this thread and see which side is calling for Benrie sanders type policies.

The side that wants to have government intervention of amazon because they will become skynet.

But you are right, supporting free markets is me leading to SJW's.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

Retail will likely never die. A good example of why would be Gruene or Fredericksburg, TX. Quaint settings in a splendid natural environment, good food, time spent browsing and chatting with those you love...then catching some culture in the evening at a local bar or maybe a theater.

There is no shortage of interest that can be created within the community. VW Bus meetups (and other car clubs), veteran celebrations, holidays, rodeos, fairs, manufactured festivals...you can literally create something new every other week. Throw in a large flea market on the edge of town, and you seal the deal.

Point being...there are cottage industries established around retail outlets. I don't think they'll die...its where we commune for recreation.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

So it's not Amazon's fault that they supposedly don't pay taxes? Why are you mad at them? They're just using the same loopholes that Trump did.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Yeah. You're all about libertarian principles, while defending government subsidies.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yeah. You're all about libertarian principles, while defending government subsidies.

Hmm, I said I was against subsidies on this thread.

I said that amazon should be taxed at the same rate as everyone else.

I also said the majority of trumps tweet wasnt about that, and was instead about things like you are saying, how amazon put retail businesses out of work.

You just throw all of this stuff out about amazon being evil, like they are studying AI and robotics, and give no solutions.

SO if the third party vendors then have to pay taxes, then you are ok? Then all of the sudden amazons robotics and AI sky net is shut down?

No, not at all, You are calling for punishment and overdue regulation on amazon because, I dont know, they hrt your business?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Factory jobs have been being replaced by robots for at least two decades now. Amazon is hardly the only company that has jumped on that bandwagon and they're not the only one investing in the technology.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

And I dislike Bezos who runs amazon, and the Washington Post which he owns.

Just curious, but why?

It's not due to the "rumours" that Bezos secured a 600 million $ contract with the CIA for a cloud based platform making him and the CIA business partners? Anyway, news media publication has been used for propaganda for decades now.

The US news media IS NOT and HAS NOT ever been free, anyway. "Free-Press" is an oxymoron.

We all know the real reason Trump is after Amazon; he hates Bezos and the washington Post.

Again...why....?

So for him to meddle in the free market over this is not only childish, but actual a very dangerous precedent.

Trump's loose lips cost Jeff Bezos to lose $5.2 BILLION off his personal net worth in just one day...

And yes, f#king with the markets like Trump has done a few times since coming into office, for personal reasons, is messed up. Yet, despite myself, and many others, taking a personal lick last week over his China tariff rhetoric—I actually admire the way he is playing ball despite how messed up it all is.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join