It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is wrong to criticize Amazon

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The problem with Trump is that he most often supports issues based on his selfish interests.

And too often he supports things for the wrong reason.

If Amazon didn’t own the WAPO chances are he wouldn’t be going after them like this.

For years civil rights groups have been warning about the FBI-- then Trump doesn’t want to hear it. Only after he thinks their going after him are they corrupt.

You see Trump supports things for selfish reasons and rarely out of principle

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

I dont like bezos like I dont like most MSM people, he is a propagandists.

Trump doesnt like him because he is anti trump and runs overwhelming negative coverage of trump.

I dont like trump doing this, because it sets a bad precedent, and I dont like the economy hinging on which companies the president personally likes or hates.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
They should pay any taxes any small business owes, no exception.

The other thing is Amazon isn't the monster in the equation, it's the scumbag politicians like old Billy, who made bad trade policies to benefit himself.

What did they think would happen if we allowed products in without tariffs to offset our cost of living differences?

Now we have a import based Walmart economy and you can't pay employees enough and still make a profit doing biz in the US.

It's a disaster now, they created a small business graveyard.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I knew people who worked for Amazon, they got paid crap and every job at Amazon takes a job away from the local economy. Now add how many local economies lose one job because of Amazon's one employee. When I say local economy, it means an area of maybe sixty to a hundred thousand people, there are probably two or three total local economies in the UP of Michigan and areas like this. As far as big cities, I cannot judge how it will effect them. So one Automated Amazon job probably reduces three hundred jobs country wide. I am being conservative.

There are a lot of other areas like this in the USA. Now, if Amazon pushed America made products, it would actually create more manufacturing jobs and I would not agree it was one of the bad places.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Amazon is a horror show of a ruthless company and the top psychopath, the pathologically greedy Jeff Bezoz, can kiss my arse. I never use them, full boycott.

Good for workers in Spain standing up for themselves against sickos like Bezoz.

What baffles some of the union delegates is that a company such as Amazon, that turned three billion dollars' profit in 2017, a 20% rise on the year before, is consistently trying to cut wages all over Europe.

Two-day strike

Yeah, it sure would be awful, just AWFUL, if Amazon and poor, pennyless Jeff should have to pay a bit more in taxes. How unfair!!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Lol Jeff Bezos makes 107 million $$ a F##### day.. Amazon does cost small businesses like myself dearly.

With all due respect, tough s#. Maybe it's your own business errors. That could mean lack of exposure, too high a price for what you offer versus other competitors, poor online presence/none at all (and therefore effectively killing off your own reach) not willing to adapt sales/contact methods to modern life & expectations, etc.

You do realize there's a myriad of small businesses selling THROUGH Amazon, don't you? Those 3rd party vendors are doing very well, I buy from them often, so you really do have to ask "Why are my competitors doing damn good & I'm floundering?"
For example, I bought my rabbit's hutch through one instead of trying to find something as large in person in local shops, and guess what they don't carry locally to my satisfaction? Hey, if you want to get customers, you have to actually have what they want, and they have to be willing to pay for it. Sometimes it's an either/or, sometimes it's both. In my case, it was ether you carry a 2-level hutch big enough for my rabbit to have room in to run around, room to lounge, burrow, etc when he's not out, or you don't get my business. Sorry local shops, but your inventory or lack thereof isn't my fault.

Now they want to sell groceries for Christ sake.. Screw Amazon. Its ok to be billionaire in this country but he does not have to be the only one.

So? They're not the first company to have online grocery shopping. I used to use Alice.com when they were still a pantry-like business (actually, very much like the current Amazon Pantry) They were pretty great and I got some hard-to-find items via them, broke about even on savings versus expense for the convenience.
They folded, but not because of Amazon. They made some disastrously bad choices that sunk their own ship. Most of us customers were trying to figure out how somebody with such a great business model could make such stupid choices and destroy what they built. Again, not Amazon's doing. They ruined themselves, no one else.
edit on 3/29/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
No, not at all, You are calling for punishment and overdue regulation on amazon because, I dont know, they hrt your business?

What the F are you even talking?

All I did was make a strong case for F Amazon getting the world handed to them, that its ruthless and dangerous, so in response you go and again and again make me sound like some kind of nutter by putting words in my mouth, twisting my meanings while trying to make me sounds like a dooshbag on that skynet bit.

Actually go back and read what I said, I NEVER SAID PUNISH AND UNDUE REGULATE THEM.

Note that I've never not once in my life said Walmart needed to be broken up, yet I've talked snip about that monstrousity endlessly for years ever since I caught on to their BS.

But you know what, I will say, as long as they're getting undue cozy relationship and 'subsiding' from the .gov all while screwing little guys, and every time someone comes and lays out an 'F Them' case someone like you will see red and get all hissy fit etc like you did in their defense, the monster this thing becomes from this point forward it may take "punishment and overdue regulation on amazon because"...

Oh BTW, fact check, Amazon never ever not once hurt any business I've ever had or had anything to do with. All my grandstanding in here is for the future of human beings having a shot at upward social mobility; at being able to liberate themselves from living the chump lifestyle working for total dickwads like everyone does like most people only have the choice of; at having options as the jobs markets further squeeze towards oblivion as (robberbarron) "progress" continues its cold hearted march towards The Future. At our nation not being faced with a "Neo-Communism" as its only hope and salvation type scenario. Because the trajectory the Tech Giant robberbarrons (which includes Amazon in this instance) alongside the Banksters have the world on, that's where they have everything pointing (with the fed.gov backing them up, so far, until this Trump thing apparently).

edit on 29-3-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Read the thread. What's happens when people start selling 'new catalog' items in there is they go and buy a trainload of the stuff and then put it up at a dramatically lowered price.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Read the thread. What's happens when people start selling 'new catalog' items in there is they go and buy a trainload of the stuff and then put it up at a dramatically lowered price.

Really? WOW, spank my ass & call me Shirley! I had no idea my kids' homeschooling textbooks come from Amazon & not Joanna Q Public's Books! And that hutch didn't come from Bob's Exotic Pet Supplies, either! I certainly didn't get my kids' Christmas & birthday gifts from Timmy's Toys, either, that was all Amazon, huh?

Suck it up. If I can shop local independent grocers for my groceries instead of Meijer or Family Fare in person, or Joanna's online Amazon book shop for my kids' study materials, then you have no excuse to put blame on the bigger business itself. Those are CONSUMERS making those choices based on what you do or don't offer them, not Big Box twisting their arm.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Oh and your claim initially before rambling about skynet and what not was the USPS charging them less was terrible.

Here is yet another article showing this has actually made the USPS money, and if they didnt compete with Fedex and UPS for this business, they would lose moeny.

Oh and it says other companies like Google and ebay also get discounts.

Trump’s argument, which he has used before, may stem from an April 2017 analysis from Citigroup that claimed the U.S. Postal Service should be charging Amazon and others $1.46 more per package because of a quirk in the rules governing how the Post Office budgets package shipments.

Amazon uses the Postal Service – as well as companies like FedEx and UPS, for “last mile” deliveries – shipments from fulfillment centers to local addresses. Because these packages are only going a short distance, the Post Office gives Amazon and other major e-commerce retailers a discount for these deliveries, according to the Wall Street Journal.

However, despite the president’s claims that these online retailers are creating a loss for the Postal Service, Amazon and other e-commerce sites have been helping to staunch the Post Office’s losses. Shipping and package revenue is on track to surpass first-class mail revenue. The Post Office itself said that e-commerce was helping to keep it afloat.

fortune.com...

Oh and fortune magazine has people that have had way more business starters than you, so I guess, well how do you put it, should just "piss off"
edit on Thu Mar 29 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Are those new books or old used books?

The big money isnt in used books. That's why they've set about absorbing every conceivable product that can be delivered (by Highway or Internet Super Highway). And oh sure, some people can go find a steal on a book at a thrift store worth a ton of money, but thats not a Big Business model and not what I'm talking about anywhere in anything I've warned about herein.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Are those new books or old used books?

The big money isnt in used books. That's why they've set about absorbing every conceivable product that can be delivered (by Highway or Internet Super Highway). And oh sure, some people can go find a steal on a book at a thrift store worth a ton of money, but thats not a Big Business model and not what I'm talking about anywhere in anything I've warned about herein.

They're new. not used.

The only thing in this house I've bough direct from Amazon itself is the Kindle. The rest of my purchases are from vendors, because they beat Amazon itself in pricing. What part of this are you not understanding? I'm frugal as F, if the vendors didn't beat Amazon at it's own game, I wouldn't be buying from the same people for years on end like I do. They adapted to that demand & thrived. I suggest you take notes.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Okay you got some examples?

Its no problem to name off some MADE UP mom & pop sounding business names. Since you're making up names here your words hav eno meaning when talk is cheap.

A few years ago I was ordering all kinds of 'fancy' items and exotic materials for multiple projects I was workering on, and the only time the stuff didnt arrive with Amazon prime tape was when they didnt have it.
edit on 29-3-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I find it interesting that a lot of people supporting Trump on this are the same people that vehemently argue against wealth distribution and found no issue with Trump exploiting loopholes to get out of paying taxes.

You may also notice that a lot of people who typically support Trump are calling him out on this.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I tend to agree also Gram

Although my personal opinion of Bezos is he's another arrogant scumbag, I think Trump is factually mistaken on many of his gripes in this instance.

I too support him and continue to do so. Nothing wrong with disagreement or criticism though. He gets it right pretty often (although lately I've been less impressed) so he is bound to get a wrong-streak also

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Meanwhile Bezos just gave 20 million to illegals for college

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Okay you got some examples?

Its no problem to name off some MADE UP mom & pop sounding business names. Since you're making up names here your words hav eno meaning when talk is cheap.

A few years ago I was ordering all kinds of 'fancy' items and exotic materials for multiple projects I was workering on, and the only time the stuff didnt arrive with Amazon prime tape was when they didnt have it.

So, the vendor didn't have it in stock, or the Amazon-owned stuff wasn't in stock? You're fumbling your argument here because that was as clear as mud. I assume on purpose.

You obviously think you're 3 steps ahead of everyone, if you're meaning to say that Amazon boxes and Prime tape signifies Amazon-direct. If so, you're flat wrong. Ever heard of Fulfillment by Amazon?
The yarn I just bought 10 skeins of from Elann was shipped by Amazon. But it's wholly Elann's products from their own business. All FBA means is they shipped it on Elann's behalf from a warehouse that stored Elann's goods for them, in their packaging. Do I need the PBS "The More You Know" gif for you?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join