It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Calls Out Comey For Lying Under Oath

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DogStarIn1066

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Could Trump's tweets about Comey and especially Meuller be considered as Obstruction of Justice by Meuller?

Just wondering if Meuller could see them as Trump trying to interfere in the investigation.

YES...definitely! But since Trump and Mueller are working together, the "attacks" are just to make Mueller's findings all the more real and accepted. Gotta think BIGLY.

Got a link for that statement? Sounds like far reaching conjecture, to me.

But I am sure you have a credible link...

I believe that aspect stems from the "Q" nonsense. Not sure if you know or not, but there are many on this site that have fallen in love with the "Q" conspiracy bull#.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

So the tread is now about who is the #1 liar?

He who should not be named with his 3000 lies, or Comey, with his alleged lies under oath?

According to the poster I replied to, yes.

If i read through the last 5 pages, it would seem that save for a few folks trying to bring it back to perjury, the whataboutisms moved the topic as he indicated.

Sorry. Had to sleep and then get some work done.

What ever happened to my suggestion that Comey get put on trial for perjury?

I thought that would clear up any confusion.

Surely you realize that you and I are not the only people participating in this thread, correct?

Yes, but you are just too cute, so I am drawn to your insight and wisdom.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

So the tread is now about who is the #1 liar?

He who should not be named with his 3000 lies, or Comey, with his alleged lies under oath?

According to the poster I replied to, yes.

If i read through the last 5 pages, it would seem that save for a few folks trying to bring it back to perjury, the whataboutisms moved the topic as he indicated.

Sorry. Had to sleep and then get some work done.

What ever happened to my suggestion that Comey get put on trial for perjury?

I thought that would clear up any confusion.

Surely you realize that you and I are not the only people participating in this thread, correct?

Yes, but you are just too cute, so I am drawn to your insight and wisdom.

Dawwww.....thanks for noticing!

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

a reply to: DogStarIn1066

What a bastardization of our first amendment rights.

president or not, he still has freedom of speech.

If you are in an official position you have to be careful what you say. As an army officer, I could not comment on many things. As a government employee, I have to follow the Hatch act.

If you accept certain jobs you are held responsible for what you say. It can suck, but you go in with eyes wide - hopefully.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

a reply to: DogStarIn1066

What a bastardization of our first amendment rights.

president or not, he still has freedom of speech.

If you are in an official position you have to be careful what you say. As an army officer, I could not comment on many things. As a government employee, I have to follow the Hatch act.

If you accept certain jobs you are held responsible for what you say. It can suck, but you go in with eyes wide - hopefully.

Im not sure what the law says....but can point out that Trump did not sign an offer letter or recieve a position description. Nor does he answer to an HR department.

While I don't disagree that he needs to be careful in what he says, and wish he'd lose his login to Twitter, I still have to point out that he has a right to speak freely.

Moreso, I am certain that the POTUS cannot be tried for obstruction of justice.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

Could Trump's tweets about Comey and especially Meuller be considered as Obstruction of Justice by Meuller?

Just wondering if Meuller could see them as Trump trying to interfere in the investigation.

YES...definitely! But since Trump and Mueller are working together, the "attacks" are just to make Mueller's findings all the more real and accepted. Gotta think BIGLY.

Got a link for that statement? Sounds like far reaching conjecture, to me.

But I am sure you have a credible link...

I believe that aspect stems from the "Q" nonsense. Not sure if you know or not, but there are many on this site that have fallen in love with the "Q" conspiracy bull#.

Yes, the Q stuff.

I recall that guy on Star Trek. Pretty cool that he has come back in time to leave cryptic messages for us, right?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Correct.

We are walking on new ground here. No precident.

However presidents in the past have been called out for talking about things that have the perception of bias in the past. This is just something I thing Trump should be more careful about.

It would set less folks hair on fire.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yet you guys have the nerve to call him "different". He continues to show time and time again how he's just like every other politician, the only difference is that he's not Hillary or Obama which is all that matters apparently.

Trump is the furthest away from being a person with any kind of integrity. He lies constantly, but as long as he pwns leftists you guys love it. But I do find it funny how it has turned from "he didn't lie" to now "everyone lies, deal with it". I guess you guys can no longer even deny how big of a liar he is so you move the goalposts.

Let's see how long it takes the next thread on Trump's lies for "liberals" and/or "leftists" to be brought up to defend his lies. Not very long I bet.

Can you name some of those lies? Seems everything gets mixed up with the avalanche of triggered responses from the left that has reached ridiculous levels.

As example:

1. Trump said Mexico will pay for the wall..Liar! We don't know yet, and whether they do or not Trump is working on them paying, so if he fails to make them pay is this a lie?

2. Trump said he would start work on day 1 and he actually went to the White House on day 2, Monday instead of Sunday...liar!
This one and 100 others like it really dilute the whole lying bucket to the point of who cares anymore on any of them.

One thing he is doing whether you like it or not is he working hard to meet his campaign promises and that is like unheard of with the typical professional politician.

When Obama said he would have the most transparent Government ever, and everything would be laid out to the public for review before voting as a big campaign promise did you scream LIAR! when they voted on Obamacare without reading it or the public seeing any of it, and did you scream LIAR! when he became one of the most closed administration on record almost shutting down FOIA for 8 years? Did you scream LIAR! when he became Bush 2.0 in so many ways?

So on and so on... As it has been said here many times...there is lying and then there is lying...When Trump screws over 10s of millions with his lies, kills a million with his lies, cost the tax payer trillions with his lies, etc.. then we can call him a liar who is at the same level as we have seen with so many former politicians and Government officials...including our precious Obama, Bushes, Clintons etc...

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yet you guys have the nerve to call him "different". He continues to show time and time again how he's just like every other politician, the only difference is that he's not Hillary or Obama which is all that matters apparently.

Trump is the furthest away from being a person with any kind of integrity. He lies constantly, but as long as he pwns leftists you guys love it. But I do find it funny how it has turned from "he didn't lie" to now "everyone lies, deal with it". I guess you guys can no longer even deny how big of a liar he is so you move the goalposts.

Let's see how long it takes the next thread on Trump's lies for "liberals" and/or "leftists" to be brought up to defend his lies. Not very long I bet.

My contention leading in to the election was that I wanted an anti establishment candidate; Johnson, Trump, even bernie or stein, more than anything else.

This was becauser I believed the establishment on both the repubs and democrats were unbelievably corrupt, as were their media mouth pieces.

All four of the people I mentioned had flaws, including trump. I can name many things about trump that I have called out (raising the debt, and many others).

However, he has shown the corruption from the establishment to keep anyone but their chosen from power by any means possible. The OP shows this y having the head of the FBI commit perjury, which is just one small example.

What I find funny is you, who feels the need to enter any thread that is in favor of trump or critical of the dems and call out people for parroting the media and their attempts to divide us, actually parrot the anti trump establishment media more than all of the people you criticize.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Trump lied when he said to the Canadian prime minister that the U.S. Has a trade deficit with Canada. Within the past week or so. We don't. Look it up.

Then he bragged about it at a fund raiser.

Please debunk it I am wrong.

Enjoy!

edit on 19-3-2018 by DogStarIn1066 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

McCabe was admonished for leaking information about the hillary case to the press.

He claims he did nothing wrong, because

The OIG investigation has focused on information I chose to share with a reporter through my public affairs officer and a legal counselor. As Deputy Director, I was one of only a few people who had the authority to do that. It was not a secret, it took place over several days, and others, including the Director, were aware of the interaction with the reporter.

(From the OP)

Now also from the OP, here is Comeys statement.

GRASSLEY: Question two, relatively related, have you ever authorized someone else at the FBI to be an anonymous source in news reports about the Trump investigation or the Clinton investigation?

COMEY: No.

So its cut and dry. Either McCabe is lying, or Comey committed perjury.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Trump lied hen he said to the Canadian prime minister that the U.S. Has a trade deficit with Canada. Within the past week or so. We don't. Look it up.

Then he bragged about it at a fine raiser.

Enjoy!

Pulling numbers out of your ass is lying for sure.

The best part: plausible deniability. Perhaps he is just misinformed. Or stupid. LOL Not that any is better than lying....

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Trump lied hen he said to the Canadian prime minister that the U.S. Has a trade deficit with Canada. Within the past week or so. We don't. Look it up.

Then he bragged about it at a fine raiser.

Enjoy!

Pulling numbers out of your ass is lying for sure.

The best part: plausible deniability. Perhaps he is just misinformed. Or stupid. LOL Not that any is better than lying....

Agree. I forget stuff also.

I would take stupid over lying though. Stupid you can keep an eye on.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

What gets lost in all of this is that there are different types of lies.

There are lies like "No one respects women more than me!" "It was the biggest crowd ever!" etc, that are annoying and dumb, but not overly serious in my opinion.

Then there are more serious lies like "If you like your plan you can keep it" "The NSA does not gather data on citizens" "WMDs in iraq" etc. These lies are far more important and consequential, but many act like they are less important than the former lies.

Now having said that, trump has told serious lies like this. Such as him claiming to be fiscally responsible while exploding the debt, draining the swamp while employing people like manafort, and other things.

But to act like throwing claims about trump telling thousand of lies out shows he is somehow unique is ridiculous.

The difference is the media hates Trump and scrutinizing everything he does (which is fine) yet they were buddies with Obama and so didnt call him out for any of his serious lies.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
I have seen this a few times in government. Two chiefs can't get the story straight.

Then it becomes embarrasing, or in this case, legal.

It is a way, that I believe, that Trump is inadvertently draining the swamp. When the heads don't get their stories to match, and testify, then folks have to call them out.

Interesting unintended consequences..

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I believe that the NDAA made it legal to lie as a government agent. Its called "propaganda".

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Some lies are harmless.

Some are harmful.

Some you never can really tell at the time.

Eventually it works out, because uncertainty becomes history, and then it it academic.

See what I did there?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

McCabe was admonished for leaking information about the hillary case to the press.

The OIG investigation has focused on information I chose to share with a reporter through my public affairs officer and a legal counselor. As Deputy Director, I was one of only a few people who had the authority to do that. It was not a secret, it took place over several days, and others, including the Director, were aware of the interaction with the reporter.

(From the OP)

GRASSLEY: Question two, relatively related, have you ever authorized someone else at the FBI to be an anonymous source in news reports about the Trump investigation or the Clinton investigation?

Man... did you read the quotes? McCabe says he can release info and that the director knew about it. He did not say he did it anonymously. Comey says he did not authorize anonymous release.

So I am not sure where you think one or the other lied unless you can point to some anonymously release report or leak that McCabe did AND Comey knew about.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Trump lied when he said to the Canadian prime minister that the U.S. Has a trade deficit with Canada. Within the past week or so. We don't. Look it up.

Then he bragged about it at a fund raiser.

Enjoy!

Not sure but ....

China - $636 billion traded with a $375 billion deficit.
Canada - $582 billion traded with an $18 billion deficit.
Mexico - $557 billion traded with a $71 billion deficit.
Japan - $204 billion traded with a $69 billion deficit.
Germany - $171 billion traded with a $65 billion deficit.

Some confusion about what "trades" 😑

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: Grambler

(From the OP)

Man... did you read the quotes? McCabe says he can release info and that the director knew about it. He did not say he did it anonymously. Comey says he did not authorize anonymous release.

So I am not sure where you think one or the other lied unless you can point to some anonymously release report or leak that McCabe did AND Comey knew about.

No one gives a reporter an interview annonymously as in the reporter doesnt know who they are talking to.

Instead they give the interview and then are cited in the article as an anonymous source, which is exactly what happened with McCabe.

That is what comey was being questioned about, was he the source or did he authorize a source of all of the reported info about these two cases that were cited to anonymous Intel sources.

It is undisputed that McCabe was one of those anonymous sources, so either McCabe or comey lied.
edit on 19-3-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join