It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Calls Out Comey For Lying Under Oath

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Pyle

a reply to: introvert

McCabe was admonished for leaking information about the hillary case to the press.

He claims he did nothing wrong, because

The OIG investigation has focused on information I chose to share with a reporter through my public affairs officer and a legal counselor. As Deputy Director, I was one of only a few people who had the authority to do that. It was not a secret, it took place over several days, and others, including the Director, were aware of the interaction with the reporter.

(From the OP)

Now also from the OP, here is Comeys statement.

GRASSLEY: Question two, relatively related, have you ever authorized someone else at the FBI to be an anonymous source in news reports about the Trump investigation or the Clinton investigation?

COMEY: No.

So its cut and dry. Either McCabe is lying, or Comey committed perjury.

Man... did you read the quotes? McCabe says he can release info and that the director knew about it. He did not say he did it anonymously. Comey says he did not authorize anonymous release.

So I am not sure where you think one or the other lied unless you can point to some anonymously release report or leak that McCabe did AND Comey knew about.

No one gives a reporter an interview annonymously as in the reporter forsnt know who they are talking to.

Instead the give the interview and then are cited in the article as an anonymous source, which is exactly what happened with McCabe.

That is what comey was being questioned about, was he the source or did he authorize a source of all of the reported info about these two cases that were cited to anonymous Intel sources.

It is undisputed that McCabe was one of those anonymous sources, so either McCabe or comey lied.

Ah so you know which article this is all about? You dont mind posting it. I did some digging in wayback and didnt have much luck shifting through the alt-right spam that clogs it up around election time.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

McCabe was admonished for leaking information about the hillary case to the press.

He claims he did nothing wrong, because

The OIG investigation has focused on information I chose to share with a reporter through my public affairs officer and a legal counselor. As Deputy Director, I was one of only a few people who had the authority to do that. It was not a secret, it took place over several days, and others, including the Director, were aware of the interaction with the reporter.

(From the OP)

Now also from the OP, here is Comeys statement.

GRASSLEY: Question two, relatively related, have you ever authorized someone else at the FBI to be an anonymous source in news reports about the Trump investigation or the Clinton investigation?

So its cut and dry. Either McCabe is lying, or Comey committed perjury.

Man... did you read the quotes? McCabe says he can release info and that the director knew about it. He did not say he did it anonymously. Comey says he did not authorize anonymous release.

So I am not sure where you think one or the other lied unless you can point to some anonymously release report or leak that McCabe did AND Comey knew about.

No one gives a reporter an interview annonymously as in the reporter forsnt know who they are talking to.

Instead the give the interview and then are cited in the article as an anonymous source, which is exactly what happened with McCabe.

That is what comey was being questioned about, was he the source or did he authorize a source of all of the reported info about these two cases that were cited to anonymous Intel sources.

It is undisputed that McCabe was one of those anonymous sources, so either McCabe or comey lied.

Ah so you know which article this is all about? You dont mind posting it. I did some digging in wayback and didnt have much luck shifting through the alt-right spam that clogs it up around election time.

Yep I am on phone now but will post it later.

Ironically the article was revealing stuff about the Hillary case, not trump.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Fix your biased sources. They do not account for re-exports.

None of these cherry picked numbers were even considered as adequate economic indicators before Trump lied.

I will stick to the U.S. Estimates for now.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: DogStarIn1066

What a bastardization of our first amendment rights.

president or not, he still has freedom of speech.

uhhhh...No.

You are legally liable for the crap that comes out of your mouth.

That has nothing to do with the first Amendment.

And that is setting aside that the BS and blabber king is the President of the United States.

If you think differently, go ahead and confess to a crime on twitter and see where your first amendment rights reside on the matter.

Trey Gowdy, of all people, commented this weekend to Trump "If you are innocent ...ACT LIKE IT!"
www.politico.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

uhhhh...No.

And that is setting aside that the BS and blabber king is the President of the United States.

If you think differently, go ahead and confess to a crime on twitter and see where your first amendment rights reside on the matter.

Trey Gowdy, of all people, commented this weekend to Trump "If you are innocent ...ACT LIKE IT!"
www.politico.com...

Yeah, and that is true for everyone.

Some government officials are held to a higher standard, and the 1st is limited. I think that is the discussion.

Actions have consequeces.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Uhhh...There is nothing there considered classified or a leak.

Bubble delusion.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Declaring that there was no collusion between the Trump Administration and Russia, and also pointing out that there was collusion between the Obama Administration and Hillary Clinton and Russia, is exactly what an innocent person would say.

Especially someone who gets highly classified briefings on all of this frequently. That person is in a better position to know than any of us, or the mainstream media.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Declaring that there was no collusion between the Trump Administration and Russia, and also pointing out that there was collusion between the Obama Administration and Hillary Clinton and Russia, is exactly what an innocent person would say.

Especially someone who gets highly classified briefings on all of this frequently. That person is in a better position to know than any of us, or the mainstream media.

If your are talking about Kushner, well he is downgraded.

Trump used Jared to receive the briefings and then condense them for a summary.

I imagine it was done in crayon.

Just a joke, don't get alarmed or angry.

I could not resist.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Too bad trump isn't innocent and he's a pathological liar.
And his buddies concluded he didn't collude but gee my own mother would have done the same for me. That report isn't worth the paper it's written on.
Keep on believing what that moron says. He's trying to discredit Mueller now so when that report comes out he can call it fake. Haven't you figured him out yet in all your love for the dude. You close your eyes to a lot of sins. I hope no one takes advantage of you. Honestly.
edit on 3192018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Wait, are you suggesting that Trump leaks "highly classified briefings" on twitter??

Or are you suggesting that he finds the intelligence community giving those briefings highly credible? Cuz he has described them as Nazi's on a which hunt.

Actually, never mind. It is pointless and a little gross to poke a pile of BS looking for something interesting.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Here is the article McCabe got in troublefor, but its behind a pay wall for me.

www.wsj.com...

Here is an article about it.

Justice Department Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz has for some time been working on a report that blasts McCabe for allowing two high-ranking bureau officials to sit down with the Wall Street Journal as the news outlet prepared a report in 2016 on an investigation into Hillary Clinton’s family foundation, then misleading the inspector general’s team about his actions. A person familiar with the matter said Horowitz’s findings are what sparked the Office of Professional Responsibility’s recommendation, which was first reported by the New York Times. Horowitz’s report has not been released, and McCabe denies having misled anyone, a person familiar with the case said.

The matter McCabe authorized FBI officials to discuss with a reporter came just as the bureau announced it was resuming its look at Clinton’s use of a private email server while she was secretary of state, though the article focused more on the separate case involving her family’s foundation.

The article presented McCabe as a complicated figure — one who lower-level officials felt was stymieing their work, even though it detailed McCabe pushing back against Justice Department officials so the case could move forward.

Checkpoint newsletter

Military, defense and security at home and abroad.

The inspector general was interested in McCabe’s role in authorizing officials to talk about the matter, people familiar with the case said, because the article detailed ongoing criminal investigative work, which law enforcement officials are not normally allowed to discuss.

The Wall Street Journal report was written by Devlin Barrett, who is now a reporter with The Washington Post. Recently released FBI text messages show that Barrett had talked with the FBI’s top spokesman, Michael Kortan, and FBI lawyer Lisa Page, who worked for McCabe, two days before it was published.

www.washingtonpost.com... c1a-208a-11e8-86f6-54bfff693d2b_story.html?utm_term=.a835f3c66033
edit on 19-3-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DogStarIn1066

None of these cherry picked numbers were even considered as adequate economic indicators before Trump lied.

People might want to see your sources as opposed to a crass opinion 😳

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

uhhhh...No.

www.politico.com...

So your saying that a president gives up his first amendment right? Citation needed please.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

People might want to see your sources as opposed to a crass opinion 😳

Then they can do their own crass research. Maybe look under a bridge or two and ask a troll.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Would not surprise me if he lied. After all he is Republican.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

Trump lied when he said to the Canadian prime minister that the U.S. Has a trade deficit with Canada. Within the past week or so. We don't. Look it up.

Then he bragged about it at a fund raiser.

Please debunk it I am wrong.

Enjoy!

The question would be did Trump go on what he thought was true at the time, or did he lie.... Lying would mean he knew of the actual numbers and then preceded to say otherwise with some ulterior motive. The second question would be why would he actually say something with the purpose of deception that can be fact checked?

Saying something incorrect is not lying, as per se, a lie is a statement used intentionally for the purpose of deception.

So what would Trump gain with a lie to Canada's Prime on something the Prime would most likely know well? I think Trump says inaccurate statements based on what he knows at the moment. One flaw of many would be he tends to speak before all the facts are known...might be poor statesmanship, but not really lying.

BTW can you put Trump in the league of big liars like Obama, Bushes, Clintons?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

a reply to: Xtrozero

Trump lied when he said to the Canadian prime minister that the U.S. Has a trade deficit with Canada. Within the past week or so. We don't. Look it up.

Then he bragged about it at a fund raiser.

Please debunk it I am wrong.

Enjoy!

The question would be did Trump go on what he thought was true at the time, or did he lie.... Lying would mean he knew of the actual numbers and then preceded to say otherwise with some ulterior motive. The second question would be why would he actually say something with the purpose of deception that can be fact checked?

Saying something incorrect is not lying, as per se, a lie is a statement used intentionally for the purpose of deception.

So what would Trump gain with a lie to Canada's Prime on something the Prime would most likely know well? I think Trump says inaccurate statements based on what he knows at the moment. One flaw of many would be he tends to speak before all the facts are known...might be poor statesmanship, but not really lying.

BTW can you put Trump in the league of big liars like Obama, Bushes, Clintons?

Sorry, can not read minds, so I have no idea why Trump lies so often about things that can be fact checked.

As for your other question, I be!have trump is in a league of his own when it comes to lying.

Or at least getting caught lying.

Not being cute here, I really have noticed an almost pathological trait in Trump that causes him to constantly lie. He lies about things that no one cares about. I am not a mental health professional so I won't venture a guess for his motivation.

But he sure gets caught lying almost every day.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

uhhhh...No.

www.politico.com...

So your saying

It's my new habit to not respond to people that tell me what I am saying vs. what I actually posted.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Trump took the oath of office, that doesn't stop him from lying though. Kind of hypocritical, the pot calling the kettle black. They're both poor role models and leaders.

Cant admit Comey lied without kicking Trump too?

Whatabout that pot again?

You realize Trump is lying about what Comey said, right?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Maybe this needs to be spelled out.

This is what Trump said Comey said:

President Donald Trump tweeted Sunday that former FBI Director James Comey “clearly” lied under oath in his testimony before Congress in 2017.

“Wow, watch Comey lie under oath to Senator G,” he tweeted Sunday morning, “When asked ‘have you ever been an anonymous source … or known someone else to be an anonymous source…?’ He said strongly ‘never, no.’ He lied.”

This is what Comey actually said:

Director Comey, have you ever been an anonymous source in news reports about matters relating to the Trump investigation or the Clinton investigation?

COMEY: Never.

~One of these things is not like the other~
edit on 17Mon, 19 Mar 2018 17:38:48 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago3 by Greven because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join