It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobody knows exactly what “Mandela Effect” is - I have a theory

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I remember sex in the city as well but sex and the city does actually make more sense as a title so I guess I just got it wrong as I never watched it.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: freedom7

From your angle. Are we seeing the changes that bring the opening of the seven seals?

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: Lysergic
I am leaning towards the way memory works.

I have had numerous experiences of the ME. Some have been events shown on TV, others have been different outcomes to what I once new but one in particular was when I was driving across a country road in the Netherlands (lived there for 3 years). I route I used often and something (a large very distinct house) suddenly wasn't there anymore in the field I had passed so many times! I was always a little intrigued about this house so not anything to do with memory. Where did it go? Is it still there but in another dimension.

Maybe it just got knocked down. Places can change radically and in a short period of time too. A tree got cut down near us and its amazing what a difference it makes now its not there.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
It's just the record, the arm spinning closer to the end of the track where it is often lifted up and repositioned back at the beginning of the track again. It skips.

Towards the end and the beginning of the track there are scratches. These scratches were caused by eons and eons of use. Of lifting up and placing back down the Arm that glides along the deep-cut grooves that make up the Now.

Towards the end of the track, where we are now, the record skips - and then when it repeats or re-plays after the "skip", there are slight changes that occur in the way it "sounds" or the way you remember it sounding.

This all happens at a Quantum level, of course, and we were not consciously aware of the "skip", just as music wouldn't be consciously aware of a skip in a record.

But our brains can tell that something sounds different, somehow.

I like your idea.

Of course if the record we live on is destined to be constantly played over and over, then places will get worn and damaged over multiple repeats.

Maybe we live our lives over and over. Doing the same or similar things. Might explain deja vu if some of the parts are damaged due to overplay.

edit on 17/3/2018 by YarlanZey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
there is a veil or barrier between our Dream World and our Waking Reality...

the M Effect is just our recognition that the curtain/veil/barrier between these two states-of-mind are becoming less structured or defined....

dream world & intellectual world are becoming intertwined...hence the Mandela Effect becoming a topic to explore
edit on th31152129736317362018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I remember sex in the city as well but sex and the city does actually make more sense as a title so I guess I just got it wrong as I never watched it.

I remember it as Sex in the City, but never watched the series. However the "in" and "and" do sound very similar, so unless there is physical evidence that this has changed, then you could argue that the title has simply been misheard and remembered incorrectly.

The same goes for Berenstain and Berenstein, which could also be down to people hearing it and then assuming it is spelt one way when its actually the other way. Cultural differences come in too as depending on where you live, you might not know about it. It could also have been changed for this reason too, like where in the first of the Harry Potter books, Philosopher becomes Sorcerer depending on which country they are being sold in.

Why the name change from "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" in the UK to "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" in the United States ?

Another good example of an intentional change is when Oil of Ulay became Oil of Olay. Both sound very similar and depending on your age, you might have differing ideas of what is it. For me it will always be Ulay and Olay sounds wrong.

When and why did Oil of Ulay become Oil of Olay?

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Mandela’s effect and flat earth are the two worst subjects on this site.

Here Mandela effect in a nut shell:

My memory isn’t 100% accurate, therefore there must be parallel universes spilling over into ours for reasons I can’t explain, changing things that are mundane, and I create this fantasy because the mere idea that I may be wrong seems so impossible to me that I need to imagine parallel universes where I’ve always been right.

The Mandela effect is not real, it was coined by some woman trying to sell books and every time you indulge in this fantasy she is the only one who benefits.

Btw while writing this I miss spelled words, one of them being fantasy. Both times I wrote it I spelled it with a C at the end and auto correct fixed it. So by your logic I’m not spelling it wrong, I’m just from a universe where it’s spelled with a C and I now live in a universe where it’s spelled with an S. Must be, because I’m such a flawless human that I could never be wrong, nope, must be alternate realities.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

OK I suggest you read "The Holographic Universe" by Michale Talbot which explains that particles of solid matter are an illusion created like a hollogram from intersecting waves (beams of light) and our consciousness. Therefore particles (our universe) are not real and separate from our minds. Steven Hawkin's recent work was about how the universe is information stored in just 2 physical dimensions at the event horizon of black holes which is where all matter leaves our reality (note I could never quit grasp his ideas so that may be just my take on his ideas). Also watch Tom Campbell on various U-tubes about the nature of consciousness and reality, he is from the Monroe Institute, I took a course there once for a week and that was helpful.

Both sources and others confirm what we learn from quantum mechanics where its is proven that reality is different when we observe it from when we don't. Google the "Double Slit Experiment" and watch the U-Tube cartoon that explains this very well. Physicists state that any observation of reality causes the wave function of particles to collapse from multiple probabilities to just the one observed, (that is what you see). What this means is that matter is not fixed and constant, but varies, and is measured each time our brains perceive it, therefore changes in reality are to be expected. Quantum Mechanics tells us that there is no locality, all particles and events are not separate but due to entanglement of particles, distance in our reality is an illusion. Our reality is created from energy coming from somewhere else, just as a TV picture provides a fake reality from energy waves coming from outside the TV. I think that is the closest analogy to our reality, its formed from energy waves coming from another dimension (sounds like the Matrix doesn't it). Perception of our reality is just a probability sample from micro-second to microsecond by our consciousness and it can and does vary, AND that causes the Mandela effect. Our reality is linked to another dimension at the sub-atomic level and particles are virtual in that they pop-in and out of our reality, that is what science tells us today.

Tom Campbell and others at Monroe Institute teach that we all are psychic and that stress and intelligence increase our use of it. Our minds also exist in, and are linked to, those in another dimension. We are like characters in the Matrix or a video game, and when we die that has no effect on our minds. Consciousness in that other place is like the controller of a video game, when the video character ends (our death) the outside mind controlling it is not affected. Intension and intuition are key aspects of this, therefore prayer works as it states intensions to those minds connected to us in that other reality where our consciousness too exists. So again, we live always linked mentally thru energy waves to another reality and other consciousnesses, that is similar to Yung's idea of a collective consciousness, and we get information that way thru those links. This reality is not as fixed as we believe and can vary from observation to observation (moment to moment) and we can never fully understand it from only our reality alone.

I have had contact with deceased relatives in the form of recording (EVPs), they speak of visiting our family over here, seeing many people over there where they are now, and that they love and miss us. But I am certain we all will be with them again. I and others in my family experience excessive paranormal events, but if you accept what quantum mechanics and the holographic universe theories teach, then its all somewhat logical. There is no death just transformation back to pure energy consciousness. Thinking and consciousness are more than just physical brain cells, neurons and particles, but also energy which can be measured outside our brains (see also Dr. Ruppert Sheldrake U-Tubes on ESP). Mental energy links with other consciousnesses in another dimension so we are never alone and always connected to others. Thats how telepathic works (proven at Monroe) which did extensive research for the the US military and CIA, etc in the 1980s (google project Stargate and Joe McGonagle). SRI (Stanford Research Institute) also did research proving remote viewing and telepathy. This above discussion explains why that all works and you can experience it if you focus and meditate (wish I could meditate better).

My clearest Mandela effect is Billy Graham's death, I remember clearly his son, Franklin, on TV giving a eulogy about early 1980s and even Johnny Carson paying tribute to Graham, on his show, yet he just died again. Look up "Shroudinger's box" for a quantum mechanics explanation of how living creature can be alive and dead in changing realities. Anyway, nothing in our reality is fixed or real, each micro-second of consciousness is a probability sampling and does vary. Why reality so often does not vary that much is more the mystery I struggle with.
edit on 17-3-2018 by retsdeeps47 because: spelling mistakes

edit on 17-3-2018 by retsdeeps47 because: bad grammar

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
One additional thought that supports my statements above, that matter and energy are the same and that physical matter (the solids you perceive) are really energy fields as are holograms. OK, so I assume right now you are sitting down and reading this, you believe your "solid" body is in physical contact with the chair or sofa that touches you, You sense it and believe it.

However, the atoms in your skin and the chair/sofa have an outside layer or "shell" of electrons that are moving, they can be described as small particles but are really not at any one exact location but multiple probable locations all at once (multiple realities is one view of this). When measured they provide just one of many possible locations- based on a "statistical probability of a location" giving a momentary exact location that can be measured for a moment.

But here is the key fact, your body's particles (or atoms) never ever really touch each other. Your body's atoms never come in physical contact with those in the chair or sofa. The electron energy fields around them are what interact, what feels like touch is an illusion of repulsive energy fields pushing each other away but never touching.

Take your two fingers and squeeze them together, now harder, the increasing hard "feeling" is not contact but energy fields repelling more strongly the harder you squeeze. Unless you use CERN or an atom smasher, there is no real contact between atoms, just energy fields interacting, (and we really do not know what they are, we just have names for them like the electro-magnetic field. We call some positive and some negative but don't really know what that means or why. And they seem to come and go from our reality.

So accept that illusionary perception is the basis of your consciousness and your reality. Once you get that fundamental concept you are starting to sense the bigger picture and understand that paranormal events are understandable (to a degree), as are changes in reality.

edit on 17-3-2018 by retsdeeps47 because: improved grammar

edit on 17-3-2018 by retsdeeps47 because: better grammer

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I would agree with you if I didn't have a PERFECT memory of Nelson Mandela's funeral in the 1980's......he died in prison in the 1980's...I remember it...I remember his funeral.....the other "Mandela Effect" stuff I am not as familiar with except the Berenstein Bears.....

it is NOT a faulty memory....Mandela died in the 1980's...period. (at least in MY time line he did.....

a reply to: Lysergic

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
A thought, as I attempted to justify above in presenting the holographic theory of reality, as well the proven link of reality to consciousness, maybe the collective conscious (or unconscious as Jung proposed) "sets", defines and creates our shared perception of reality. Therefore if enough minds (both living and in pure energy consciousness elsewhere) want to change reality that actually happens.

So maybe enough "minds" thought the same thing, that both Mandela and Graham were needed still in this reality, and thinking that made it happen. Just a thought based on the solid theory that thought creates reality. Therefore it can change now and then, yet it is somewhat "fixed" and consistent too. Most of the time it is consistent minute by minute, but if enough minds express a shared intention, then reality can change.
edit on 17-3-2018 by retsdeeps47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: freedom7

My honest belief is that there are evil powers and righteous powers in the supernatural realms who have for a very long time been and are to this day fighting and we humans are in the middle of this cosmic war- We are the minor chess pieces.

After having the Mandela effect hit me crosseyed (I also am trying to figure out what happened with about 2 years of my life, because as it stands, I'm missing time- or extra time was added, and I'm just plain frigging lost at this point trying to explain it), I feel more like the effect is the pigeon who landed on the board, crapped on the pieces, and knocked them all off as it struts off with a smirk.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

My memory isn’t 100% accurate, therefore there must be parallel universes spilling over into ours for reasons I can’t explain, changing things that are mundane, and I create this fantasy because the mere idea that I may be wrong seems so impossible to me that I need to imagine parallel universes where I’ve always been right.

The Mandela effect is not real, it was coined by some woman trying to sell books and every time you indulge in this fantasy she is the only one who benefits.

Btw while writing this I miss spelled words, one of them being fantasy. Both times I wrote it I spelled it with a C at the end and auto correct fixed it. So by your logic I’m not spelling it wrong, I’m just from a universe where it’s spelled with a C and I now live in a universe where it’s spelled with an S. Must be, because I’m such a flawless human that I could never be wrong, nope, must be alternate realities.

You're wrong.

I *remember* Challenger, I know it happened in 1984, because I know I was in junior high, I was sitting by the wall in science class. I remember our science teacher, who usually was like a glacier, nearly breaking his neck and the AV equipment and hustling it to the front of the class, getting it plugged in and turned on at a speed none of us ever saw him achieve, to watch live updates, and we all went out to see the mushroom cloud with the dual rocket exhausts.

Except it happened in 1986, and I can assure you, while much happened in 1986, THAT did not. I was in high school, I was dealing with flunking driver's ed, I was putting up with other problems, I was dealing with abusive parents- High school was miles away from junior high. I also spent my last couple semesters in junior high helping design a statue of a mascot, designing tshirts, and listening to endless "Head and Shoulders" jokes.

I found out about this discrepancy last year.

There's also 2 years I cannot account for. At all. I don't even know if it's +2 years, or - 2 years.

I won't *dare* claim to have a flawless memory. However, I remember that, just like anyone who remembers where they were in any pivotal, important point in history- especially when it's pretty much forced down one's throat like that was (unintentionally, but still). I remember where I was on 9/11: I got up, it was a nice day out, I strolled off to see a girl I knew who worked at the hospital, there was confusion while they listened to the initial attacks on the radio. I was having a "WTF" moment, got into town as fast as I could, went to the landlord's store, and watched the horror from there. Girl broke up with me some time later, Went to the animal shelter, Me and the people who worked there all hung out shellshocked as we tried to get work done.

A 2 year shift is not simply a 'faulty memory'. A 2 year shift is like balancing your bank account, and you suddenly have $500,000 you cannot even *begin* to figure out where it came from, but you make $400 a week. The bank says it's always been there. Or, you find yourself $500,000 in debt, the bank acts like you've been paying it off forever, and you know darn well
You haven't even come close to expense or debt like that. But- you are left with a mystery you cannot solve, because the powers that be (bank= laws of nature) aren't going to give you clue one.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The Challenger crash occurred for certain in 1986 as I was building my house at the time and have the permit dates and was up on a ladder with the radio on when the breaking news interrupted the music. Sorry, but your memory is faulty is the explanation, you are not missing 2 years, what grade were you in in 1986?
edit on 18-3-2018 by retsdeeps47 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Nobody knows?

We have a Mandela enthusiast/expert that likes to tell skeptical posters or posters that have other ideas that they have no idea what the Mandela effect is,

Quite a few times They have said something along those lines.

That indicates they must know what it is.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

I was dealing with abusive parents-

abuse,

stress,

especially at home or with close relatives puts quite a strain on the mind.

have you asked yourself if this abuse you had to deal with could have caused confusion on how you look back at something so many years ago?

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

abuse,

stress,

have you asked yourself if this abuse you had to deal with could have caused confusion on how you look back at something so many years ago?

As per my post above about the Monroe Institute which investigated consciousness, life stress does enhance our psychic abilities, so abuse increases it. I was an abused child too but indirectly by parents, but directly by members of our community who were abusive to us as my mother was mentally challenged. Two kids with 135 and 150+ IQs (my brother was the 150 but slightly autistic), both being raised by a parent with a 90 IQ (estimated) and OCD.

Anyway, many others had it much worse and there were many positives too in my childhood. My point is not "poor me" but that it opened me up to paranormal events my whole life. The Mandella effect could be seen as a version of the paranormal, as well I discuss a few posts back the Quantum Mechanics proof that reality is affected by consciousness, observing it changes reality (it changes from a wave of probabilities to a measurable particle), as well the emerging holographic universe theory which, if true, explains all paranormal events very well. The famous double slit experiment that started Quantum Mechanics in the 1920's and which no one has ever been able to explain, is in my view linked to altered experiences of reality since it proves reality changes when you observe it. Therefore the Mandella Effect flows logically from Quantum Mechanic physics so why should we be surprised that reality is not changed by observations? (Goggle double slit experiment and look go the U-tube cartoon explaining it very clearly).

Your abuse maybe linked to your missing time? Have you other paranormal experiences?

edit on 18-3-2018 by retsdeeps47 because: missing content

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
It's just the record, the arm spinning closer to the end of the track where it is often lifted up and repositioned back at the beginning of the track again. It skips.

Towards the end and the beginning of the track there are scratches. These scratches were caused by eons and eons of use. Of lifting up and placing back down the Arm that glides along the deep-cut grooves that make up the Now.

Towards the end of the track, where we are now, the record skips - and then when it repeats or re-plays after the "skip", there are slight changes that occur in the way it "sounds" or the way you remember it sounding.

This all happens at a Quantum level, of course, and we were not consciously aware of the "skip", just as music wouldn't be consciously aware of a skip in a record.

But our brains can tell that something sounds different, somehow.

I like your description of the record skipping. Have you read the Monroe Institute research that is on the CIA reading room site?

That research believes that the universe is torus shaped and is constantly destroyed and created again. They believe that the universe is a collective hologram that simultaneously exists at all points in time.

There’s definitely research that seems to support this idea like black holes are the hard drive of the hologram recording. There’s also the research that humans seem to be able to predict future events around 10 seconds in the future when being asked to predict what type of image they will see. There’s lots of research into electromagnetic fields controlling and recording thoughts like the AI that is able to draw the image of a face a person is thinking about just from recording brainwaves. This again suggests some common collective consciousness that can be recorded or interpreted.

Then quantum entanglement and superposition at the macro level is being researched now and there is also experiments that show retro causality, or how it’s possible for the future to influence the past.

Most people will read these ideas and understandably think that they are fanciful or just science fiction or new agey wishful thinking. I would’ve said the same until recently when I started to read and understand the research papers. In fact, I was trying to debunk lot of what I thought was new age silliness. What’s quite funny is that elements of all religions kind of explain these ideas. In particular, Buddhism, Hinduism and Taoism share lots of the beliefs of recent scientific research.

I would definitely recommend people reading the Monroe Institute papers on the CIA site and trying to see if any of it fits with the science. I think you’re right about the cycle ending soon. Our perception of the world is light based so maybe our eyes will be able to take in a different spectrum of light and it will open up a new world that’s always been there but just slightly beyond our perception. The Apocalypse means “the unveiling” so could be this that will be lifted. Bill Hicks’ quote about us being one consciousness experiencing each other subjectively appears to be more accurate with each significant scientific discovery

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

abuse,

stress,

Yes, and while I was under abuse- I also know where I was when this happened, and *when* simply by the fact I was in JUNIOR HIGH. Other things of note that happened around the same time was the massive infection I got on my leg, after trying to vault one of the stupid low walls around the school (I was late to a class, up and not quite over), the mascot, the shirt design, one particularly annoying little $#&$%*%&!!... Another person who, years later would be my literal worst nightmare who I met, My fighting to audition for the Wizard of Oz before I left JH for HS...

Like I said earlier- I found being born in a decade year helped immensely with keeping a lot of things remembered. When things went upside down was after I got away from the abusive parents, thanks to the foster care program shuffling me round and round for a while. This was AFTER Challenger, after my horror show of driver's ed, and before I ended up being transferred to another HS due to getting back to where I lived city wise, but the school system decided I need to go to school 15 miles away, along with a lot of other people I knew.

Challenger simply has no place in (my) 1986. None.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

The Mandela Effect is real in terms of a large group of people all collectively (mis)remembering the same facts/events that are different to recorded history.

What is definitely up for debate is the cause of the Mandela Effect. Not everyone believes the cause is parallel dimensions. As far as I know, there have been no formal surveys into what people believe is the cause of the ME if they think it’s more than just poor memory. It’s not really possible to say that’s what people believe as you’re just going off some anecdotal observations otherwise.

The reason I personally think it’s not always related to memory is that there is at least one instance I’ve experienced that didn’t involve long term memory. I believe I heard the Apollo 13 movie quote change from “we’ve had a problem” to “we have a problem” between August and September 2016.

This example also hopefully rules out claims of arrogance as I had previously believed that the quote in the movie was “we have a problem”. When I heard it as “we’ve had a problem” I accepted that I must have been wrong previously and thought no more about it. Then someone posted in a forum the quote was “have a problem” I was going to post about how they were wrong so I watched the clip again to get the time stamp of the quote in the video when I heard it had changed back to “have a problem”.

This change occurred over the space of around 3 weeks and isn’t related to memory. It may be the result of poor hearing or suggestiblity but not memory.

There are hundreds of identical testimonies to mine about this. I can appreciate that if you haven’t experienced it then it sounds ludicrous, but if hundreds or thousands of people all have the exact same testimony then wouldn’t it make sense to at least analyse that specific example to see why so many people experienced the same thing across multiple demographics and countries?

Another odd ME is the spelling of dilemna/dilemma. using Google Ngrams tool, which searches the words/phrases inside of books and plots out the frequency of the word’s use over time based on the book’s publishing date, the incorrect spelling of “dilemna” is used far more often and appears in books before the correct spelling of “dilemma”. Here’s a link to the graph

books.google.com... %3B%2Cc0%3B.t1%3B%2Cdillemma%3B%2Cc0

Any idea why the incorrect spelling appears more often than the correct and way before the correct spelling?

This is so odd as every attempt to explain why the mna spelling is so popular is met with confusion by the writer. I remember reading that the French spelling of the word had also seemingly been mma when the majority use mna so it’s an issue in multiple languages.

I don’t think the ME is parallel dimensions but when there are examples that aren’t related to memory then isn’t it more arrogant to think that the most conventional explanation must be the correct answer as you find the people who experienced the ME to be arrogant or stupid?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join