It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobody knows exactly what “Mandela Effect” is - I have a theory

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: radiusnode
Any idea why the incorrect spelling appears more often than the correct and way before the correct spelling?

Are you purposely trying to deceive us?
Look a bit more carefully at your spelling and try again.

books.google.com... %3B%2Cc0%3B.t1%3B%2Cdilemma%3B%2Cc0

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Any idea why the incorrect spelling appears more often than the correct and way before the correct spelling?

Are you purposely trying to deceive us?

books.google.com... %3B%2Cc0%3B.t1%3B%2Cdilemma%3B%2Cc0

m.imgur.com...

Please check out the image I’ve linked to above. I took a screenshot of the Ngrams results at the same time I linked to it here. On the screenshot I’m still seeing the mna spelling being used more than the mma spelling. Please confirm that you can see the same thing too.

Clearly, the results for the Ngrams were changed after being posted here which is very weird.

I can appreciate you thinking that I was being misleading but I can assure you i wasn’t as the screenshot hopefully shows

Edit:

Here’s another image showing the mna spelling being used more than the mma version from about a month or so ago

imgur.com...

edit on 21-3-2018 by radiusnode because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: radiusnode

This is what the other posted said

How about taking that suggestion and looking at your spelling in the links you provide.

Or are you being deceptive as was suggested?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Jeez, definitely not trying to deceive anyone. No idea how that could happen seeing as i took the screenshot at the same time I searched for the results.

My mistake. Wow, I’ve no idea what happened there although I’m obviously in the wrong now
I

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: freedom7

Perhaps someone is infusing memory altering drugs into the food and water supply.

Or we as a species are continuing to de-evolve until we reach our Idiocracy.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

a reply to: InhaleExhale

Jeez, definitely not trying to deceive anyone. No idea how that could happen seeing as i took the screenshot at the same time I searched for the results.

My mistake. Wow, I’ve no idea what happened there although I’m obviously in the wrong now

It's really easy to add an extra L.
It's also really easy to accept evidence that supports your view.

I'm sure it wasn't intentional.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'm fairly sure that I posted something or other that relates to this (as in I posted a theoretical physics explanation for the "Mandella Effect") Post can be Seen Here

To give a small quote:

"Quantum Cavitation" (or "QC" ) might occur when two sets of reality collapse together crushing a middle reality through a process called "vacuum Collapse". End results is a new reality created from the two outer realities, but the cavitation bubbles of the middle reality still can exist as pockets of reality floating around freely in the new reality. Now here's the brain scratcher (i.e. the so-called "Mandela Effect")

Sorry for not looking at this thread earlier.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I genuinely try to make it through the entirety of a thread before I comment. I make it a particular point to finish at least the OP before commenting. I can't, here, and for that I apologize slightly.

I'm willing to give a modest beard stroke to a great number of ideas and concepts, particularly when it involves eschatology or most any sort of differential universe scenario, because barring direct and observable contact with an "outside" reality, it can only remain in theoretical, conceptual form. We're tricky beasts, and reality is only quantifiable by our perceptions of it.

Some topics, particularly Mandela Effect (to be on, well, topic) related lines, draw my interest beyond the passing 'hmm' until the information in question hits one of my manure triggers. And unfortunately, in this case, it happens rather early.

I'm going to use a single quotebox and embolden my points of contention, while also cutting out text that, while certainly relevant to your point as a whole, doesn't pertain to my qualms.

There is something unique about us who are going through the effects .

I used to think maybe those of us who are Mandela effected really did die and we got transported to a parallel dimension or purgatory type state ( similar to the characters in the Television series LOST)

The other group of individuals who aren’t going through the effects are the ones being experimented upon , and acting like the old world never existed and that we arecrazy ..

That was it, honestly; I skimmed a bit more, but after just a small scroll I was so completely lost and had no context for your words that I genuinely couldn't be arsed to see how you'd fit a viable transition from the above into what I was reading, as I doubt very much it could be done.

My problem with whatever theory you were going to present here is that you present the populace as two distinct groups; those who are able to recognize the changes in reality, and those that are not. You enforce this idea several more times; there was mention of genes and experimental groups at the least. This fails to include individuals like myself, who "clearly remember" events from "both" realities, depending on the instance at hand. The famous Bears book, I remember the "old" way. Many of the newer instances either escaped my notice either way, or I "remember" the "new" reality.

So where does that leave me, and many others like me, in the grand scheme of your dual-reality ME hypothesis? As I'm representative of a large enough group, this makes any further theorizing down your line moot for me, as it's excluding such a large portion of relevant data because it doesn't fit into your model.

I also realize this is Skunkworks, so that might be overly critical, and if so then I do apologize. However, I'm not entirely willing to discount your, and you'll pardon my uninformed synopsis, Christianity-based deific hypothesis. I would, however, ask that you examine it outside of a dualistic (read: Western, Abrahamic) mindset. Doing so wouldn't necessarily preclude the Creator/Destroyer oppositional influences intrinsic to your ideas, but might allow you to do so within a multiversal context.

E: Whoops, forgot about Lost. IIRC, the characters there were secluded from the rest of "people" for the vast majority of the show (until the final season I want to say). There weren't two groups; there were those on the island. To fit into your analogy, there would also have to be the second group of "real" people, unless you meant to imply those were us as the viewers, which would've been a lot cooler if you did.
edit on 22-3-2018 by Apoplexic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   

from my personal experience, i can only say that it might be something the soul or spirit wants us to see.

maybe they're showing us the thinning veil of reality.

maybe we are or were spiritually awaken and therefore reality knows this and tries to help us remember our past spiritual advancement.
edit on 9-29-2017 by luciferslight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   
It started with me with the Berenstein bears. Led down the hole to others, notably the word Dilemma. I remember being taught Dilemna, silent n. I remember pronouncing it dil-lem-na so i wouldn't forget the spelling. I'm extremely good at spelling. You might not have been taught it that way, but I know I was.

My husband laughs at the Mandela effect, at least he did until I told him how far east South America is compared to my memories. When I showed him the map he was totally quiet and said, ok..... that map is wrong, show me the real one.

I find it hard to believe that so many people share the same false memories. I've come to believe that something strange is afoot. I'm not sure if it's multiple timelines, a simulation we are in that is glitchy, or something else entirely, but there are definite issues.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join