It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yea for Transgender Equality!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Wow, what a complex issue. I'd call that doping. I should just shut up and go read about this lol.

That's exactly what it is - doping. But she gets away with it because she is transgender and they have to be allowed to do what they want it seems. Crazy world brought to you by crazy people.
edit on 25/2/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

That's actually a great point. If a non-transgender girl were to take testosterone they would be banned but somehow this one gets a pass.

Sounds a bit unfair if you ask me.
edit on 2/25/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: UKTruth

That's actually a great point. If a non-transgender girl were to take testosterone they would be banned but somehow this one gets a pass.

Sounds a bit unfair if you ask me.

And the article only says he began transitioning. Do we know if xe's gone through the full plumbing change?

If not, There might be a legitimate reason to keeping her with girls..

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Allowing children under the age of 18 to be transwtfs in the first place is wrong on a moral and ethical basis. Almost no different than genital mutilation of young girls IMO.

A child is still developing and far from being of mature age to make informed decisions or parents taking the authority to grant these children the change when in fact no medical trials have been performed for mental illness.

edit on 25-2-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
LMAO!! You friggin goons don't even comprehend the situation HAHAHAHHAHAAH, your ignorance betrays you. He was born with and still has a vagina he is Trans-male receiving HRT (Hormone Therapy). He wants to compete against males but Texas being Texas says he has to wrestle against girls according to his birth certificate. Jesus Christ if your going to grab your pitchforks and torches at leave have the facts straight SMH.

At least it's the first time I've seen this many bigots correctly gender a trans person, lol.

And this definitely helps your cause.

Hah! Like anything could ever be said or any facts, science, or new information presented, that would ever make some of these people rethink their grade school level understanding of this subject.

There's nothing to "win" here and no cause to help. So when a bunch of bigots trick themselves into respecting and affirming a trans person? Yeah, I'm going to laugh at them. Because it's funny and they are mean spirited people.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

The thing about it is there no way you can tell me that someone transition isn't going to have to go overboard in some effect to overcome their natural progression. Point being this puts them in an entirely different class than females and males of their age.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

LMAO!! You friggin goons don't even comprehend the situation HAHAHAHHAHAAH, your ignorance betrays you. He was born with and still has a vagina he is Trans-male receiving HRT (Hormone Therapy). He wants to compete against males but Texas being Texas says he has to wrestle against girls according to his birth certificate. Jesus Christ if your going to grab your pitchforks and torches at leave have the facts straight SMH.

At least it's the first time I've seen this many bigots correctly gender a trans person, lol.

Hah! Like anything could ever be said or any facts, science, or new information presented, that would ever make some of these people rethink their grade school level understanding of this subject.

There's nothing to "win" here and no cause to help. So when a bunch of bigots trick themselves into respecting and affirming a trans person? Yeah, I'm going to laugh at them. Because it's funny and they are mean spirited people.

The science is never settled. That's the catch 22 of science. Doesn't matter what material you've glossed over or what was explained to you by the docs. Until you understand that, you will never understand why people disagree with you.
And again, name calling just because people disagree with you is not how you win hearts and minds.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

The thing about it is there no way you can tell me that someone transition isn't going to have to go overboard in some effect to overcome their natural progression. Point being this puts them in an entirely different class than females and males of their age.

There's no way to monitor it? If not, then he's just as likely as any other guy to cheat that way. If so, then just monitor it. Doctors run labs on trans folks on HRT all the time to make sure everything is under acceptable ranges. If he gets more testosterone than he should, he'd be getting it illegally... just like any other boy could.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The science is never settled. That's the catch 22 of science. Doesn't matter what material you've glossed over or what was explained to you by the docs. Until you understand that, you will never understand why people disagree with you.
And again, name calling just because people disagree with you is not how you win hearts and minds.

I'm not trying to win the hearts and minds of people who will never change them and who choose to say the cruelest things they can towards people like him. Or to women like me. I owe those people nothing because they are cruel, willfully ignorant, and intentionally hurtful.

I'd rather focus on the people who are genuinely interested in discussing the topic enough to treat the subject and people involved with respect. Those are the people who are worth spending time with.

And anybody who ignores updates to academic knowledge with a casual hand wave and empty cliche like "science is never settled" is likewise wasting everybody's time.

Acting all snowflaky and defensive towards somebody calling out asshole behavior is getting old.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Does the state, athletic division, school , doctor or that person take liability if the let this person wrestle in a division based on the testosterone or muscle density permaters, but they get hurt due to their bone density being vastly different than a male of that age?

What all is considered for the reclassifications and who pays for it? Do underdeveloped males get to wrestle girls? What do we change next time a kid feels left out, because I assure you this will always be the case.
edit on 2/25/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I'm not trying to win the hearts and minds of people who will never change them and who choose to say the cruelest things they can towards people like him. Or to women like me. I owe those people nothing because they are cruel, willfully ignorant, and intentionally hurtful.

I'd rather focus on the people who are genuinely interested in discussing the topic enough to treat the subject and people involved with respect. Those are the people who are worth spending time with.

And anybody who ignores updates to academic knowledge with a casual hand wave and empty cliche like "science is never settled" is likewise wasting everybody's time.

Acting all snowflaky and defensive towards somebody calling out asshole behavior is getting old.

So you want an echo chamber, essentially.

Because even someone that is interested in the subject can still carry doubts. And I highly doubt you standards of "cruel, willfully ignorant, and intentionally hurtful" are very high.

And if you think its an empty cliche then I suggest you contact the researchers that are reevaluating our understanding of gravity, and tell them to stop.
edit on 25-2-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: spelling

edit on 25-2-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: stupid ass edit funtionality

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Personally I could care less if this person is a transgender boy...the fact is synthetic testosterone is a steroid. It builds muscle...look how muscular this senior wrestler, Mack Beggs is. If you're taking ANY kind of PED, you SHOULDN'T be participating in sports, PERIOD.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Because even someone that is interested in the subject can still carry doubts. And I highly doubt you standards of "cruel, willfully ignorant, and intentionally hurtful" are very high.

"Doubts" does not compel a person to say the things they say in this thread. You know the difference. I talk to people with doubts all the time. But if they speak to me the way you guys speak about the kid in the OP, it's not worth the abuse to try to teach somebody who refuses to learn.

And I requested no "echo chamber". You are the one snowflaking over how I thought it was funny that people are tripping over their own bigotry.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: Xtrozero
You go girl!! 36-0!!

i'd say you don't have to be a jerk, but maybe you do.

I think we all should be jerks.

Since misogyny is being championed by letting a boy beat up on girls.
edit on 25-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: Xtrozero
You go girl!! 36-0!!

i'd say you don't have to be a jerk, but maybe you do.

I think we all should be jerks.

Since misogyny is being championed by letting a boy beat up on girls.

It is your views that forces him to beat up on the girls. Maybe you should read the article.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Given the hormone therapy that TG have to go through.

Why is a student that is on drugs allowed to compete at all?
edit on 25-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

I personally don't like the idea of anyone dictating what someone else can do with their body. I'm sure this boy/girl is fully self aware and some arbitrary age won't change that.

Are you against circumcision as well?
edit on 2/25/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The Gut linked it earlier. Since it's from a phyisician it isn't a banned substance. Same link states the UIC has never heard from ze or ze coach about the possibility of wrestling boys.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

"Doubts" does not compel a person to say the things they say in this thread. You know the difference. I talk to people with doubts all the time. But if they speak to me the way you guys speak about the kid in the OP, it's not worth the abuse to try to teach somebody who refuses to learn.

And I requested no "echo chamber". You are the one snowflaking over how I thought it was funny that people are tripping over their own bigotry.

I mean you snowflake over words on a screen by complete strangers. I merely pointed out that calling people bigots isn't going to help people take you seriously.

And I imagine the following would be cruel, willfully ignorant, intentionally hurtful, and bigoted to you:

Men and Women will never be able to change their chromosomes until science progresses farther. It will always be an illusion. I've talked to Trans folk outside of this forum. Fully transitioned people. And for some its still not enough, it will never be enough. Because of that, I disagree with the full transition.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Circumcision to me is overrated. I had my boys done because of the "cleanliness"
reasons behind it. Changing a child's gender is a lot more to deal with than just a hormone balance...

I wonder if these parents are using their children as social justice tools and encouraging the trend of going trans?

To me anything like this involving children is wrong simply because the parents are not allowing them to experience a life as a boy or girl before they reach adulthood and deciding after reaching 18 to make the choice.

edit on 25-2-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join