It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yea for Transgender Equality!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

I mean you snowflake over words on a screen by complete strangers. I merely pointed out that calling people bigots isn't going to help people take you seriously.

Hah! All I said when I entered was that it was funny that all of these jerks were trying to misgender a trans person but got it right because they didn't bother to read the article. Like I said, they are tripping over their own bigotry.

Somehow, you all have fooled yourself into believing that calling out jerk behavior is somehow worse than jerk behavior. So yeah... that's the epitome of snowflake.

And I imagine the following would be cruel, willfully ignorant, intentionally hurtful, and bigoted to you:

Men and Women will never be able to change their chromosomes until science progresses farther. It will always be an illusion. I've talked to Trans folk outside of this forum. Fully transitioned people. And for some its still not enough, it will never be enough. Because of that, I disagree with the full transition.

Nope. All you said is that we can't change chromosomes. That's a fact. And nobody cares about chromosomes except for the people who would think it important enough to prop up as a lame argument.

There are eight biological gender markers that determine a person's sex. Chromosomes are among the least because they virtually do nothing once you are an adult. If you were to magically trade your chromosomes with your sister, nothing would change about you. You'd still be a dude.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Circumcision to me is overrated. I had my boys done because of the "cleanliness"
reasons behind it. Changing a child's gender is a lot more to deal with than just a hormone balance...

I wonder if these parents are using their children as social justice tools and encouraging the trend of going trans? I wonder.

To me anything like this involving children is wrong simply because the parents are not allowing them to experience a life as a boy or girl before they reach adulthood and deciding after reaching 18 to make the choice.

There are parents that do this.

I had a discussion with a mom who forced her 3 y/o to only walk down the boy toys aisle, and would punish her for going to the Barbie section. She wanted to avoid forcing one gender role, so she thought it was a good idea to force the other.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

That's really sad to read that people actually do this stuff to their kids. I thought it was a theory at first. Wow.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

Not to be rude but if you decided to circumcise your children without their consent then I don't see how you can criticize someone else for choosing to alter their own body with their own consent.

I just find terribly ironic that some who are against body modification can also be supportive of circumcision. Not directed at you, just a general statement.
edit on 2/25/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Not to be rude but if you decided to circumcise your children without their consent then I don't see how you can criticize someone else for choosing to alter their own body with their own consent.

I just find terribly ironic that some who are against body modification can also be supportive of circumcision.

Actually I wasn't the one that was the sole decision maker on the procedure. Being a first time father I did the responsible thing and asked the doctors about it...

Yeah nice assumption.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Just as this student was prescribed the testosterone by her doctor.

I wasn't attacking you or calling you a bad parent, I'm sure you're a great dad, I was just drawing a parallel.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I mean you snowflake over words on a screen by complete strangers. I merely pointed out that calling people bigots isn't going to help people take you seriously.

Hah! All I said when I entered was that it was funny that all of these jerks were trying to misgender a trans person but got it right because they didn't bother to read the article. Like I said, they are tripping over their own bigotry.

Somehow, you all have fooled yourself into believing that calling out jerk behavior is somehow worse than jerk behavior. So yeah... that's the epitome of snowflake.

You didn't say jerks, you said bigots. You were very triggered over a mistake. If you look for bigotry you will always find it.

Nope. All you said is that we can't change chromosomes. That's a fact. And nobody cares about chromosomes except for the people who would think it important enough to prop up as a lame argument.
Sooo you don't care about a fact?

There are eight biological gender markers that determine a person's sex. Chromosomes are among the least because they virtually do nothing once you are an adult. If you were to magically trade your chromosomes with your sister, nothing would change about you. You'd still be a dude.

Considering that both types of gene mapping guide scientists towards the location of a gene on a chromosome, its pretty important. But I'm no biology major.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
a reply to: Wardaddy454

That's really sad to read that people actually do this stuff to their kids. I thought it was a theory at first. Wow.

Its a big world, you're always gonna run across something new.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yeah but did the doctor just gave him meds or did he do anything other than just write on a paper of the symptoms. A trial basis to see if this was a legit reason to prescribe to an underage patient?

Like redaline, medications shouldn't be handed out like candy and I hope it wasn't.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

It's testosterone, not oxycodone, there's a difference. As far as I know testosterone has never hurt anyone.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It's testosterone, not oxycodone, there's a difference. As far as I know testosterone has never hurt anyone.

Apparently, the body will convert the excess amount to estrogen.

*shrug*

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
Just had this debate on FB. It is the state that is forcing him to compete against obviously physically inferior opponents. The simple fix is to let him compete in the bracket that would actually be competitive and challenging to him. He doesn’t even want the championship and I’m sure gets no satisfaction out of it and the only reason he is wrestling is to take a stand against the system the only way he can. He has to be adamant about competing to show how seriously he wants to be in the sport. Some of you would say no he should not compete at all but that’s not fair either. Athletic competition is almost a requirement for college admission these days, or at least with good schools. Just let him wrestle boys and everyone wins, easy.

Just like boxing.

I wrestled in that weight class in HS. I had to gain weight to get there because we already had a 98 lb guy. Was still only 107.

I wrestled the 120 lb'r in practice, but he beat me almost every time. ok, every time. lol

10 lbs at that weight is fairly significant advantage.

She should gain some weight, 5 lbs would put her into a heavier class.

I think the coach likes winning.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
If we didn't have male and female divisions in sports, wouldn't that be fair?

Not in all cases, for instance I'm more than happy to remain a spectator when watching Legends Football League.

Brutal stuff, I feel sorry for the poor cameraman.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Hah! Like anything could ever be said or any facts, science, or new information presented, that would ever make some of these people rethink their grade school level understanding of this subject.

Personally, the more I learn about gender dysphoria, the more I think it's an extreme form of homophobia. Meaning they'd rather chop their penises off than admit they're gay.

[snipped]
edit on Mon Feb 26 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: discussing other members

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Hah! Like anything could ever be said or any facts, science, or new information presented, that would ever make some of these people rethink their grade school level understanding of this subject.

Personally, the more I learn about gender dysphoria, the more I think it's an extreme form of homophobia. Meaning they'd rather chop their penises off than admit they're gay.

[snipped]

Lol. I could see why you'd think that. The problem is that this was an issue since before puberty. Internalized homophobia may have narrowed my sexuality before transitioning but never my attraction nor the dysphoria. If it were homophobia altogether, I wouldn't still be dating other women.
edit on Mon Feb 26 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

A person born with lady parts, but feels like they want to be/appear more male, can take steroids and still compete? This seems like a blatant disqualification based on the existing rule set.

A male born with male parts wants to be more male. Can he take steroids and compete? No?

Can a male who Has weak testosterone production, take steroids and compete?

edit on 25-2-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

You didn't say jerks, you said bigots. You were very triggered over a mistake. If you look for bigotry you will always find it.

Sooo you don't care about a fact?

Considering that both types of gene mapping guide scientists towards the location of a gene on a chromosome, its pretty important. But I'm no biology major.

I acknowledged that fact. I simply said it's a lame argument.

So what do you think would happen if you and your sister switched chromosomes in some twisted experiment? Nothing about your body would change yet people who live by that argument would insist you are now a woman. Does that make sense to you? Again, it's one of several biological gender markers.

And to be honest, there are exceptions and are more common than you think. Unless you took an expensive karyotype test, you can only assume what your chromosomes are. But you know why that test isn't a standard thing your doctor requests? Because it doesn't matter.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Whatever. He's still genetically a male beating up on females. OK so someone else "made him do it," but to claim "victory" here is absurd.

Congrats on your many stars
minor correction though, he is genetically female beating up on other females (he is F2M trans, meaning he is wanting to be a man)

But good job with the whole star thing even though the statement is completely the opposite of reality...

deny ignorance is the motto of this site, but I am thinking it is said ironically.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You go girl!!

Technically, is he still not a man?

Only now, he has a mutilated penis and a bunch of girls to beat up on?

I stand corrected, he is really a woman taking man hormones. Little wonder he/she/it is winning.
edit on 26-2-2018 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

How embarrasing even when I was little besting a girl at any sport was nothing to brag about,liberal's have really screwed up sport's,not fun watching,what next? it's getting pathetic,we need a new direction in schools,instead of teaching kids to act like freaks

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join