It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yea for Transgender Equality!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

There is a reason why there are all male/female leagues are separated other than physiological reasons. It is done so for team work reasons, comradery, common interests and building trust with another teammate and building friendships.

Males mixed with females tend to start problems and create a very unbalanced rhythm especially at a younger ages.

I still don't see how this is in any way sexist???

I'm old fashioned so...

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939

There is a reason why there are all male/female leagues are separated other than physiological reasons. It is done so for team work reasons, comradery, common interests and building trust with another teammate and building friendships.

Males mixed with females tend to start problems and create a very unbalanced rhythm especially at a younger ages.

I still don't see how this is in any way sexist???

I'm old fashioned so...

I am old fashioned too.
Born in 1962.
But logic (cited by you earlier) would dictate that women should be separated from men in the workplace for the same reasons that you posted as being appropriate for sports.

edit on b000000282018-02-25T14:15:52-06:0002America/ChicagoSun, 25 Feb 2018 14:15:52 -0600200000018 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Workplace isn't in the same category as sports. I don't see how that has any correlation to being competitive and winning a game.

LOL. I am even more confused than I was before on how this logic you presented is considered sound?

I just find it funny how all of a sudden in the years 2015-2018 this is now an issue when no one had a problem with the way things were before 2015 to the beginnings of organized sports.

edit on 25-2-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I thought men and women were equal.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

You think that you are confused?

You are telling me that coed sports can't work for non-physiologic reasons, but that doesn't apply to men and women working together in the workplace.

You will have to be more specific as to the reason (non physical) that males and females can't work together on a sports team but can work together in a workplace (which requires being able to work together).
edit on b000000282018-02-25T14:29:10-06:0002America/ChicagoSun, 25 Feb 2018 14:29:10 -0600200000018 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: eNumbra

Everyone but the state of Texas wants him to compete against other boys.

But the state of Texas won’t have it.

Because he is a she now in the eyes of the law...

He was born a she and that’s why Texas insists he wrestles girls.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yes, I grew up with Billie Jean King playing Bobby Riggs and the failed ERA Amendment.
I have been told about gender equality for a long time.
I see no problem with everyone competing on an level field, no gender lines drawn.... whether sports or the workplace.
Includes the Olympics.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It's a messed up world is what the problem is.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

SHHhh here is the secret... No one is equal

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You're suggesting they have used this science to reclassify the wrestling divisions? Or that it's even in the best interest of all to do so?
edit on 2/25/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Sports -The only thing that coaches care about is the "physical" part and cohesive unity with similar abilities. Comradery, common interests and building trust with another teammate and building friendships.

I know males and females can work together as a team but not every sport can have males and females in a sport. Like Football, would you really want a female getting steam rolled by a line backer two/three times her weight? No.

Hockey, really ok with a guy face planting some poor females face on the side wall that is much stronger than she is? Not really.

There are .1% of females that are super strong but your talking about 1 female out of 10,000 as a ballpark range...

Most contact sports it just will never work.

Workplace - nothing to do with physical exertion. Different settings, different rules, everyone is there for the same thing.

Like I said you are attempting to compare apples and oranges when it comes to a workplace vs sports. They will never be in the same category on anything between the two.

edit on 25-2-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Well of course he won. He's a guy wrestling girls.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939

Like I said you are attempting to compare apples and oranges when it comes to a workplace vs sports. They will never be in the same category on anything between the two.

The vast majority of the time when we are dealing with physical power and size males will perform better no matter what we are talking about.

edit on 25-2-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ursushorribilis

Well of course he won. He's a guy wrestling girls.

Actually we stand corrected...it is a girl that wants to be a guy, but due to her plumping she needs to continue to compete with girls. The problem is she is taking Steroids to be a boy and is allowed to still compete.

I would think if/he/she was serious about her/his sports He/she would have delayed the transformation a few years.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
Just had this debate on FB. It is the state that is forcing him to compete against obviously physically inferior opponents. The simple fix is to let him compete in the bracket that would actually be competitive and challenging to him. He doesn’t even want the championship and I’m sure gets no satisfaction out of it and the only reason he is wrestling is to take a stand against the system the only way he can. He has to be adamant about competing to show how seriously he wants to be in the sport. Some of you would say no he should not compete at all but that’s not fair either. Athletic competition is almost a requirement for college admission these days, or at least with good schools. Just let him wrestle boys and everyone wins, easy.

Sure. Then people will probably say that he's being beaten up by boys in the ring for being trans. *eye roll*

Seems like for someone that transitions, they want to fit in with that gender, so placing him/her in competition with his former gender group would go against this. I don't think the issue is as simple as you think, and I'm on the other side of the fence even.

ETA: Evidently its a girl wanting to be a boy. So now it becomes trickier. Testosterone can help, but without juicing she might not be as competitive. But juicing would be illegal.
edit on 25-2-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Never mind.
edit on 25-2-2018 by Abysha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
So you do realize you had it wrong don't you OP? You thought it was a born male wrestling females when in fact it was the opposite. Any acknowledgement of that at all or will you continue ignoring it like you didn't make a mistake?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

He should see the problem, and desist.

The problem is the state not allowing him to compete with other boys. I say he should keep doing this until people realize how ignorant they are being.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

LMAO!! You friggin goons don't even comprehend the situation HAHAHAHHAHAAH, your ignorance betrays you. He was born with and still has a vagina he is Trans-male receiving HRT (Hormone Therapy). He wants to compete against males but Texas being Texas says he has to wrestle against girls according to his birth certificate. Jesus Christ if your going to grab your pitchforks and torches at leave have the facts straight SMH.

At least it's the first time I've seen this many bigots correctly gender a trans person, lol.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

LMAO!! You friggin goons don't even comprehend the situation HAHAHAHHAHAAH, your ignorance betrays you. He was born with and still has a vagina he is Trans-male receiving HRT (Hormone Therapy). He wants to compete against males but Texas being Texas says he has to wrestle against girls according to his birth certificate. Jesus Christ if your going to grab your pitchforks and torches at leave have the facts straight SMH.

At least it's the first time I've seen this many bigots correctly gender a trans person, lol.

And this definitely helps your cause.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join