It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Explosion Heard Outside Iranian City, Conflicting Reports of Cause

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
I've got to concur with the fact that this was not dam building activity. Bander-e Daylam is a coastal city. The nearest river is 18 to 20 miles south of the city. Dams are usually built in an area where the water can collect. This coastal area does not have a basin to collect water in. It is on a low plain. If you constructed a dam there, you would flood the surrounding area.

PLUS, dams are usually meant for the purpose of producing hydro electric power. But I thought the reactors were going to be used for the peacful production of electricity. Why build a dam for power, if your building a reactor for power?

EXACTLY!!
this is the point i've been trying to make. Me and Nerdling have been discussing this on MSN all afternoon. This is all lies trying to cover something up.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Right on the money there Phreak!

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
i agree!
its either a big hoax, to divert the attention from "something else"
or
a big cover-up for something that really happened in that area,
and we are not allowed to know!

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
So with the dam cover story being disproven, we are still back to "what is the source/reason behind the explosion?"

The "belly tank explaination" doesn't hold water with me. Dropping a fuel tank, even a full one is not likely to create an explosion.

Who fired the missile, and at what?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   

So with the dam cover story being disproven, we are still back to "what is the source/reason behind the explosion?"

The "belly tank explaination" doesn't hold water with me. Dropping a fuel tank, even a full one is not likely to create an explosion.

Who fired the missile, and at what?

the town is near the persian Gulf were American boats are probably there. Its within distance of Iraq and Israel. We could see testing on shoot range missles on possible targets.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Since there has been all kinds of speculation this morning I might as well get in on it. What if one of these UCAV's retaliated against a SAM site outside the nuclear facility for Iran's "Common Front" agreement with Syria. This would explain the AAA fire reported earlier and the explosion near the nuclear facility, and now this threat to shoot down any UAV's over Iranian territory. I for one don't buy that Dam story that's now circulating, but I doubt we'll ever really know what happened.

the US has openly declared that they have been monitoring Iran with UCAV's

As in "unmanned combat air vehicle!!" UCAV's are different then normal recce UAV's in that they have the ability to strike a target!!

-raven

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
My measurements have Daylem being between 90 and 100 miles from Al-Faw, Iraq across the Gulf. Well within range of US and even former Iraqi missiles.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by raven2012

Since there has been all kinds of speculation this morning I might as well get in on it. What if one of these UCAV's retaliated against a SAM site outside the nuclear facility for Iran's "Common Front" agreement with Syria. This would explain the AAA fire reported earlier and the explosion near the nuclear facility, and now this threat to shoot down any UAV's over Iranian territory. I for one don't buy that Dam story that's now circulating, but I doubt we'll ever really know what happened.

the US has openly declared that they have been monitoring Iran with UCAV's

As in "unmanned combat air vehicle!!" UCAV's are different then normal recce UAV's in that they have the ability to strike a target!!

-raven

If it was an attack, Iran would not cover it up. It would use it to embrass the attacken nation. Things are not making sense at all

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

My measurements have Daylem being between 90 and 100 miles from Al-Faw, Iraq across the Gulf. Well within range of US and even former Iraqi missiles.

Exactly,
the US might be using Iran aircraft to attack targets to make it look like friendly fire, but that story is abit too fantastic to believe.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

If it was an attack, Iran would not cover it up. It would use it to embrass the attacken nation. Things are not making sense at all

I don't think so, all that would do is escalate the situation, this is just political maneuvering.

-raven

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Is it possible to find out about any activity in the area like, in the air, etc? might be abit too hard to find. We need to find a source in Iran.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Exactly,
the US might be using Iran aircraft to attack targets to make it look like friendly fire, but that story is abit too fantastic to believe.

Yeah, a little fantastic. But how about an Iraqi silkworm? Flies low, and cruise missiles may appear as an aircraft to the untrained eye. You use the Iraqi missile so that it is not traced back to you.

If I remember correctly, during the first days of the war, Iraqi fired one of their homegrown silkworms at Kuwait City and hit a mall/theatre. And I believe it was traced back to being fired from Al-Faw.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Yeah, a little fantastic. But how about an Iraqi silkworm? Flies low, and cruise missiles may appear as an aircraft to the untrained eye. You use the Iraqi missile so that it is not traced back to you.

true,
that might explain the cover up. if you find an unknown missile, you would not tell your people incase you scare them.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
In the opening days of the war, a cruise missle did strike a mall in Kuwait City if I remember correctly. US and allies claimed it was silkworm, alternative souces claimed it was an American cruise missle fired from an aircraft in the gulf. There is plenty of 'evidence' on both sides proclaiming the evil intent of the other.

I'm surprised we haven't seen that in this case. If it was just an accident, don't you think the Iranians would at least try and blame it on the US, that's what they usually do.

It must have been the aliens...

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
If it was just an accident, don't you think the Iranians would at least try and blame it on the US, that's what they usually do.

If they could blame it on the US, I wouldn't be surprised if they did. But if US Special Forces where able to infiltrate your country, and blow something important up, I would think you would keep that quiet. I wouldn't want my people to know that the Americans managed to get into our country undetected, blow something up, then get out.

They have shown with the capture of the UK sailors that they are not opposed to taking prisoners, and displaying them for the world to see.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
these reports might be put out to confuse us until they find out what to do. If they say its an attack, the international community will expect an attack back, but if you keep conflicting what the cause is, then you buy more time to make a decision.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Remarked end of service F14 marked in Iranian Airforce colors, Iran people on the ground spot F14, with Iranian markings firing a missile. Iranian defense forces can not figure out who piloted the F14 and who was responsible. Inside it looks like accidental friendly fire. For the US it is a provaction to test Iran air response measure and to determine if they have the right sqauk codes to fool the Iranian defense forces when they actually decide to send an air attack wave in to take out the nuke facilities.

Hence Iran has mud on its face because it has to explain to its citizens why Iranian aircraft are firing at things, can't figure out where the aircraft came from and since no facilities were destroyed are trying to mask it as an industrial accident

The whole time some US aviator in a "hot" F14 is probably laughing his @S$ off somewhere

Just my thoughts on the situation and of course this is a reprisal for the comment made by the Iranian defense force that they are considering shooting down the US UAV's that are making overflights

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Maby it was iranian youth getting fed up of the mullahs and trying to take down any offensive nuclear capabilitys so that THEIR future is not wrecked by wars and hostility because of the current Iranian government

It might explane why Iran is not saying anything because it would look bad on them and give the "international" community support agenst any attack on Iran if their own youth and people are trying to disarm their own countrys nuclear plants, its saying that the people of Iran dont want problems because of their own government and that the people dont represent the current government

It could be... as i hear that many Iranian "youth" are sick of the mullahs and having their religion used agenst them to justify the acts of mullahs and its supporters to supress them and everyone else

[edit on 16-2-2005 by Crash]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
What a weird story...???

I seriously doubt the current CIA would be capable of the Iranian F-14 disguise maneuver mentioned above, but good wishful thinking, hehe...
"

Something definitely smells funny here though, that's for sure....

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
What a weird story...???

I seriously doubt the current CIA would be capable of the Iranian F-14 disguise maneuver mentioned above, but good wishful thinking, hehe...
"

Something definitely smells funny here though, that's for sure....

According to Nerdling, who heard on Channel 4 (UK), America and Israel wargamed a strike on Iran

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join