It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Explosion Heard Outside Iranian City, Conflicting Reports of Cause

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
FOXNEWS just gave a sort report on this. Not even FOXNEWS believes the final verdict. Iran has gone back to the dam construction, but Channel 4 said the final verdict was road building
Sky News had it down as underground construction lol there is more theories then the whole illuminati conspiracy, if you cannot see a cover up...you really need to look at the facts.

After saying it wasn't to do with dam construction and saying "there was no explosion", they have gone back to the dam construction. After dismissing it, they are now accepting? why build a dam to generate power when you are near a nuclear plant?? There is a power station in the area, Good lord!!Bandar-e Deylam has electricity, piped water, a telephone network, and most government services, why build a dam??

[edit on 16-2-2005 by infinite]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
remember that explosion in N.Korea...that was put down to construction, now Iran? i heard both were Dam construction....now, im not looking into things too deep, but come on guys..thats odd.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Anybody who claimed N. Korea blew up its railway marshalling yards to build a DAM is insane. They've been suckling at the propaganda tit too long, and the sweet milk has rotted out their brain.

There was a white MUSHROOM cloud hanging over Ryongchan that day. This situation with Iran is a perfect example of obfuscation by sheer weight of confusion. There will be so many stories in a week, the truth will be 'protected' and flanked on every side by lies.

The machine grinds on, but it's running out of oil, and that puts a big 'ol grin on my face.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
why build a dam to generate power when you are near a nuclear plant?? There is a power station in the area, Good lord!!Bandar-e Deylam has electricity, piped water, a telephone network, and most government services, why build a dam??

[edit on 16-2-2005 by infinite]

The answer is very simple nuclear power plants require a lot of water to make the steam to run the turbines. A river or your average pipe could not supply the water needed, that is why they need a good dependable supply of water.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
US and Israel deny any knowledge of the explosion, they both claim they had nothing to do with it.

Irans Revolutionary Guard claim none of their planes are missing fuel tanks, and none of their pilots are responsible for firing an errant missle or dropping a bomb.

The media has done a collective about face, from missle, to gas tank, to the most generic; explosion.

We're looking at a coverup in progress here. The question that remains is, who is covering up the story, and what is the story they're covering up?

I'm going to be following this story closely, and by the way, what happened to the other thread on this? The ALERT dissapeared..

Has anyone gotten confirmation from a mod that the thread was deleted? They seem to be unusually silent on the subject.

YOUR RIGHT! I had a hard time finding this story after I left the site. The Forum was actually froze for quite a while.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
The answer is very simple nuclear power plants require a lot of water to make the steam to run the turbines. A river or your average pipe could not supply the water needed, that is why they need a good dependable supply of water.

The nuclear power plant is in a major area of Iran and i doubt they need a Dam which is about 20 - 60 miles away. The town, bandar-e deylam, doesnt have a high population for a construction for a dam.

Now Iran is backing on top of US lists of "threats to the US".

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Tehran 'Bob' needs to get his story straight

Iran cannot even get their story straight and yet speculation, and yes, its nothing but speculation, has many here claiming "cover-up," all despite no evidences of a so-called "cover-up."

Then the mention of what happened in NKorea gets brought up as a/an example. Contrary to popular belief, NKorea had more to gain from a "cover-up" of that incident (being what was involved in the material in those train cars) then Iran supposedly and alledgedly committing a "cover-up" of this event. If the US had had a part in the slightest bit in this occurance, be assured infinite, that Iran would be screaming and proclaiming to high heaven on the matter. No, there was and currently is no "cover-up." The only indication of a Iranian "cover-up" is the fact that there news sources and internal government sources cannot get their damn stories straight on what occurred in their own country!

I don't know about you all, but to me, Iran is the laughing stock of a number of jokes going around about this incident. I found it highly ironic that they can proclaim with such clarity and sureness this: A missile was fired from an unidentified aircraft, 20 miles from the city...blah, blah and yet, cannot get to the bottom of what happened in their own country.

Only goes to show that anything that gets proclaimed from this country needs to be scrutinized before any attempts are made to blow the whole deal out of proportion by anyone. Again, if the US was involved in the slightest degree, Iran would not hestitate, for any reason, to let the world know. No "cover-up" to be had or found, period.

seekerof

[edit on 16-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
You know...
with all the "debunking' going on.
no one has yet, said why this couldn't be a simple black ops surveliance of a secret iranian base (we admit we are there doing it) that got caught and shot at by an iranian jet... and the uav they were using got shot down in the process...

1. it would explain the AA fire that occured (shooting at UAV)

2. it would explain the "freindly fire" that has been heard in recent days (local military having occassional sightings of black ops)

3. it explains all the witness accounts the easiest...

4. we put our secret bases in "mountanous abandoned regions" just like the area this occured in (supposidly) nothing else is around...

5. we wouldn't let a spying country trick us into exposing a secret base TO THE WORLD, just because it was surveiled (think about area 51 still being denied). especially if we dropped a missile up thier tukus so that any witnesses were dead...(think about it... keeping the secret is more important than publicly embarrasing a country like the US for spying... (we would just say, "ok we did it, so what ya gonna do?")

6. in fact... my theory fits with everything we suspect as truth, and resolves all the questions of untruth...

so until someone can tell me that this wasn't a recon gone bad... that is a good enough occams razor for me... and no heart attack required...
and if you don't think it has happened dozens of times in the last decade... look closely at death stats from the military and follow the locations of "training accidents" that occured in central america...

just black ops doing what black ops do best... recon and surveilance, and an occassional painting of a target....

[edit on 16-2-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Iran would not go public, because this is probably US SPEC-OPs targetting Iranian top secret equipment, if that is the case, then of course Iran would not scream murder against the US for destorying top secret weapons, would they??

Iran were probably attacked to prevent development of nuclear weapons. If Iran went public with that, the UN would come down on them hard.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
"The nuclear power plant is in a major area of Iran and i doubt they need a Dam which is about 20 - 60 miles away. The town, bandar-e deylam, doesnt have a high population for a construction for a dam."

wrong... www.iccim.org...

[edit on 16-2-2005 by namehere]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
You have voted LazarusTheLong for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month

someone has actually looked into other reasons instead of believing the media. about 8 different reports have been given meaning, they are trying to hide something. Chances are it was US SPEC-OPs.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Thats a whole lot of "targeting", infinite, and would undoubtedly involve more than one proclamation of a single massive explosion or event. There are more sources to relay a US or Israeli involvement than US SpecOps can blow the hell out of.
Moral of this story: think about what you are saying.

Better bet, as hard as your trying to deny it, the Iranians would certainly be proclaiming, from the highest of the highest rafters, the slightest US or Israeli involvement. Bet.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
wrong... www.iccim.org...

really??
sorry,
its on the other side of Iran near the Caspian Sea, north west Iran..not south west were the explosion and the construction is meant to be.

and if you do a search with the keywords "bandar-e deylam dam construction".. you find nothing

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Thats a whole lot of "targeting", infinite, and would undoubtedly involve more than one proclamation of a single massive explosion or event. There are more sources to relay a US or Israeli involvement than US SpecOps can blow the hell out of.
Moral of this story: think about what you are saying.

Better bet, as hard as your trying to deny it, the Iranians would certainly be proclaiming, from the highest of the highest rafters, the slightest US or Israeli involvement. Bet.

seekerof

no, look at the picture. You have the Iranians covering something up, first reports stated a plane firing a missile, AA fire was heard too and then a huge explosion. I dont know about you, but i never knew construction of a dam involved this

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I have no clue. Any attack near a dam is dangerous to the surrounding areas anyway. There was first report of a missile being fired, then a fuel dropping from the sky. So it seems something fell from the sky. Now it's a constrution thing. Iran wouldn't admit Israel attacked if they did because it would embarass Iran's vulnerability to an attack. Iran would retaliate if it was successful. Maybe the U.S. was stupid enough to think a Predator fired Hellfire missile could do the job. Many of YOUR bizarre conspiracy theories are way off. Israel would launch more than one missile, I would assume. There HAS IN FACT been friendly fire occurences in Iran a few days ago. An Iranian jet misfired a missile not so long ago amongst civilian population. Trust me, Israel ain't as bad as they pretend to be. Some people are stupid enough to wonder " if Iran has a electricity producing dam why do they want a nuclear reactor?" I guess the Lord makes them as dumb as he needs them. Dams do not exist throughout Iran. Not only that, but Dams like windmills that produce electricity with the rate of wind or water flow. Which can be a little or alot. Not only that, but a dam can't supply ALL of Iran with electricity. Iran said that in the future that when oil is in short supply they will need this as a supply. Recently, they said they want to export the fuel because they don't think it's fair for a few to use this crucial product to dictate other nation's decisions by supplying only THEIR friends. Iran didn't say they want it for just electricity. You guys are overcomplicating an already foggy situation.
Where does this talk of antiaircraft fire come form??

[edit on 16-2-2005 by Asia Minor]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Your evidences for an Iranian "cover-up' are where?
As I mentioned, the only remote shot at a "cover-up" is that the Iranians are covering their collective behinds to the world press, etc. because they themselves cannot get their own stories straight on what happened.
Its an 'unidentified" aircraft firing a missile to its how many other things? Four or five and now they are back to the dam crap? They are certainly doing some "cover-up," you bet: there covering up their own media and internal monitoring incompetence.

Simply hilarious that they cannot even identify and 'unidentified aircraft" shooting a missile 20 miles from a city of theirs and now cannot even get their own conflicting stories straight on what has really happened. You can continue to aid them in their quest to 'cover-up" this, but I am laughing my arse off at the Iranian Mullah government who is alledged to be so in the "know" and such.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Iran would never admit to being secretly attacked or having warning shots against, the Iranian government does not want to show itself as being weak. Its getting late now, nearly 1am here. I need some sleep, then ill look into this more...

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
They are a smart and proud people Seekerof, never underestimate your foe. The Ayatollahs may be set in their ways but they have plenty of advisors and its foolish to assume they're merely fools who don't know whats going on.

Guys like them don't keep a stranglehold on power without knowing exactly what is going on.

I'll bet you good money this is all being stage managed...

Someone had to authorise that Iranian TV broadcast.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

as posted by Nerdling
Someone had to authorise that Iranian TV broadcast.

Being that virtually all Iranian Press (newspapers, TV, etc) is government monitored and backed, I would agree with this, Nerdling.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I'll bet you good money this is all being stage managed...

of course,
to prevent what exactly happened from come out. The closet we got was a missile being fired from a plane.

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join