It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Explosion Heard Outside Iranian City, Conflicting Reports of Cause

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Lots of "sounds like" and "feels like" going on. Not enough intell to make an intelligent guess even. Maybe we should hold on and see what more develops ... Doesn't feel like WWIII ... Yet.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86
Lots of "sounds like" and "feels like" going on. Not enough intell to make an intelligent guess even. Maybe we should hold on and see what more develops ... Doesn't feel like WWIII ... Yet.

thats cause we have all be sucked into a cover up,
give it 10 minutes and there will be another reason being put forward.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The most simple answer is probably the truth. Tensions are high around that region of Iran and any explosion would cause a flurry of claims of missiles and foul play.

If there is dam building where the explosion occured then it would be an area with plenty of explosives laying around. Accidents happen. Governments can turn accidents like that into anything they want. Maybe the Iranians did try and turn that incident into something that would harm the American economy.

Missle tests are ridiculous, especially that close to American forces. If your going to test something like that you wouldnt do it so close to prying eyes. Do it in the North. Plus when your trying to paint a peaceful picture of your country to the World and its working you dont go test firing missiles.

A 90 mile shortfall for an attack on Iran by either the Israelis or the Americans is way to great. They'd fire something more refined than something that could miss by 90 miles. A crate full of tnt fired from a trebuchet would be more accurate.

IMHO, accidental explosion that was initially misinterpreted by locals due to high tension and then governmental spin to harm American economy.

[edit on 16/2/05 by subz]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by sigung86

give it 10 minutes and there will be another reason being put forward.

Nah.... We're ok ...

And subz, I agree with you. It is extremely possible that this is all just exactly what is. I guess that's what I was trying to say and didn't do it too successfully.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   

What are you talking about? There was an initial report of an explosion, supposedly from a missile fired from a ship. Now everyone's reporting it as an industrial accident. So there must be a coverup? If the nuke plant was attaacked by the US or Israel, it'd be destroyed, not simply fired upon by a single jet.

The iranians don't have nuclear weapons, by anyone's estimation. They have the beginings of a capability to produce some.

subz
Tensions are high around that region of Iran and any explosion would cause a flurry of claims of missiles and foul play.

Indeed. If anything, its the arab media that reported it as a missile and claimed that citizens had heard anti aircraft fire and all that. They've made stuff up before, why wouldn't they just throw that in as well?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
i will throw my theory into the mix...

IMO that Iran had a secret base/lab in the area, that special opps on the ground are reconing (explaining the "friendly fire")

the special ops got discovered. (either they set the explosion or an iranian air assault got them).

the story goes out in "cover up" mode to prevent the disclosure of the secret lab/base. The special ops are covered up by both sides while behind the scenes Iran makes deals to push the US out.

dunno, guess we will know more, if and when we see the horses... (the 4 horses that is)

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
What are you talking about? There was an initial report of an explosion, supposedly from a missile fired from a ship. Now everyone's reporting it as an industrial accident. So there must be a coverup? If the nuke plant was attaacked by the US or Israel, it'd be destroyed, not simply fired upon by a single jet.

No, the Iranians are keeping something a secret. Either they were testing weapons or they were attacked, but failed.

The iranians don't have nuclear weapons

Did i say they did?

[edit on 16-2-2005 by infinite]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Throw nothing into the mix cause it amounts to pure conjecture after this report:
Iran Military Confirms Explosion Was Building Work

Furthermore:
Iranian military says no attack on Dailam

You all have a great day, k?

seekerof

[edit on 16-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Throw nothing into the mix cause it amounts to pure conjecture after this report:
Iran Military Confirms Explosion Was Building Work

seekerof

ok, i really give up now.
i've heard some many reports today that im sick of the news

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Ockham's razor strikes again. Thought as much

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Not buying the dam story.

Can someone pull an atlas and check the topography of the area... you know... make sure theres actually a river there.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Topographical Map of Iran

Yeah there is a river there. Cant read the name of it in this map though

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

No, the Iranians are keeping something a secret.

Why? Becuase the first reports were wrong?

Did i say they did?

You seemed to agree that it could've been a test or actual launch of a nuke or other secret weapon.

Keep in mind this all happened with in minutes of reporting. A single news source came out with reports of an actual attack and witnesses. Then everyone jumped. Speculated. Then the iranians stated that there was no attack, that they were blasting for a dam buildin project. It was 90 miles away from the nuke plant, not near it.

Heck, maybe that have prepared new articles for when the attack happens and one of these got out, or there were reports of the explosion, and they jumped on it like the rest of us. The Iranians aren't going to cover up an attack on themselves! That doesn't even make sense. The US isn't going to attack a nuke plant in iran and then do nothing else! And they definitely aren't going to send one plane. Even the sound of the explosion at the dam could've caused their anti-aircraft artillery-men to get very jumpy and fire at anything, 'the americans have invisible planes you know' and all that.

Looks like this was an actual case of hysteria. Very nice to have been a part of it!

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz

That should be the Mand river. I haven't seen anything on the web about there being a damn.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Originally posted by subz

That should be the Mand river. I haven't seen anything on the web about there being a damn.

Thats probably because they're still building it

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
If you look at the scale it's too far away.

The reports were 12 miles outside Dailam.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Grab your atlas and look for Bander-e Deylam, this is our town. There is no river near it. The rivers near it are miles away, im talking lot of miles. There is a river near Bander-e Rig, but there is no reason to build a dam in Bander-e Deylam.

[spelling edit]

[edit on 16-2-2005 by infinite]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I have no doubt believe that it was a dam explosions, BUT the story keeps changing and the last thing that I heard was that there was no exposion at all?

I think something is up be it big or small.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Huria86
I have no doubt believe that it was a dam explosions, BUT the story keeps changing and the last thing that I heard was that there was no exposion at all?

I think something is up be it big or small.

of course there is something up,
this story is not being covered in the news anymore. Its not even a main .ling on BBC six o'clock news.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I've got to concur with the fact that this was not dam building activity. Bander-e Daylam is a coastal city. The nearest river is 18 to 20 miles south of the city. Dams are usually built in an area where the water can collect. This coastal area does not have a basin to collect water in. It is on a low plain. If you constructed a dam there, you would flood the surrounding area.

PLUS, dams are usually meant for the purpose of producing hydro electric power. But I thought the reactors were going to be used for the peacful production of electricity. Why build a dam for power, if your building a reactor for power?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join