It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Explosion Heard Outside Iranian City, Conflicting Reports of Cause

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaosrain

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
Building a road. They set off an explosion to build a road. What did they need to blow up on a flat coastal plane that would stop them from building a road? look at the topo maps of the area. It's a low flat plane, almost sea level. You don't blow up flat land to make way for a road.

Here's a reason:

Yup a boulder like that will do it everytime.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The only thing in bandar-e Deylam is a oil line and oil fields, but im checking into possibilities of hidden bases, weapon depots or routes which carry nuclear materials to the plant.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
How do you know the road was flat? You are looking at a map and maps do not show each and every detail as you well know, admit it you are just guessing!

Shots

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

How do you know the road was flat? You are looking at a map and maps do not show each and every detail as you well know, admit it you are just guessing!

Shots

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   

There is only one or two problems with your guess work you obviously missed the fact the explosion did not happen 30 miles away it was 110 miles according to published reports. There goes you theory of the land not being flat.

As someone else pointed out for all anyone knows it could have been a huge rock that fell on a flat road. That is something your map will never show. Care to pull up some satilite photos next? Even then you will not have proof because you do not know the coordinates of the explosion do you?

[edit on 2/16/2005 by shots]

Why do I waste my time on those who refuse to learn.....
Let's go back to the beginning...

Originally posted by Nerdling
Iranian State television is reporting that there has been a large explosion just outside the southern city of Dailam.

And

The Russian embassy in Tehran has confirmed that there has been no attack on the Nucleat facility being built with Russian help in Bushehr which is 90 miles from the site of the explosion.

Published reports DID NOT have the explosion 110 miles away. They had it just outside of Dailam. The reactor under construction at Bushehr is closer to your 110 miles.

And your cutesy little boulder crap is from the California mudslides. That boulder had to roll down a mountain, which you won't find near Dailam.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
My friends dad actually works on the nuclear POWER plants in Iran. I wish I could ask him about all this, havent seen him in a couple of years and he's in Tehran now.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Iran are probably covering this up, so the embrassement of US SPEC-OPs actually stepping foot in Iran doesn't go public.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

And your cutesy little boulder crap is from the California mudslides. That boulder had to roll down a mountain, which you won't find near Dailam.

You have yet to prove exactly where the expolosion took place, admit it you are just quessing?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You have yet to prove exactly where the expolosion took place, admit it you are just quessing?

12 Miles outside Dailam. That's one detail of the story that has never been changed.

I was surprised they had the distance so exact and revealed it so early. Hmm.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I thought they said it was from a dam at first? and now a road...Next we will hear about how they are building a bridge

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

12 Miles outside Dailam. That's one detail of the story that has never been changed.

I was surprised they had the distance so exact and revealed it so early. Hmm.

I've put a scale on it, there is nothing within a twelve mi radius that needs blasted. While I don't know exactly where within that 12 mile radius the explosion took place, I know for damn sure that nothing within it would present a challenge to road construction that would require it.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I've put a scale on it, there is nothing within a twelve mi radius that needs blasted. While I don't know exactly where within that 12 mile radius the explosion took place, I know for damn sure that nothing within it would present a challenge to road construction that would require it.

Again you are just guessing. You have no way of knowing what is and what is not in the immediate area without the exact location where the explosion took place.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Again you are just guessing. You have no way of knowing what is and what is not in the immediate area without the exact location where the explosion took place.

Your just guessing that the Iranians are telling the truth. Which government on this planet tells the truth 100% of the time? Which dictatorship benefits from covering up an explosion in their country?

Here's the deal kiddo, I can always tell when my kids are lying to me when the story changes every time the tell it. This story has gone through now 4 versions. A missile fired from an aircraft, a belly tank dropped from a friendly, dam construction, and now road construction. Only one of these stories is going to contain any kernel of truth, and it's not going to be the latter ones.

What is your motivation for covering this up? What makes you so ignorant that simple facts when presented clearly are easily laughed off?

A little knowledge goes a long way, and a lot of ignorance will get you no where.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I've lost counts how many reports have been released to night. The first report, was a missile, then the media was flooded with other claims. The chances are it was a missile of some sort and the Iranians have covered it up to protect their citizens.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Im late tot his party again it seems. However, if this was a specops gone bad or the like, the Iranians would have shown the world by now. Remeber the fiasco at Desert 1?

Here is what thier news agency is saying:

Bushehr, Feb 16, IRNA -- Governor General of the southern province of
Bushehr Esmaeel Tabadar here on Wednesday has denied any attack on
Iran`s nuclear and oil facilities in the province.
Tabadar told IRNA that foreign media had in a targeted move
falsely mentioned the sound of a blast heard from a mountainous region
220 kilometers north of Bushehr nuclear power plant before noon
Wednesday as an attack on the power plant.
He said that although the Wednesday pre-noon blast in the
mountainous region east of Daylam port in northern Bushehr province
was an insignificant issue, military experts immediately headed to
the region aboard a helicopter to identify the cause of the incident.
He added that the experts had strongly rejected any military
invasion of the site.
The official reiterated that the site of the explosion had been a
mountainous region in the north of Bushehr province, which is
uninhabited.
An informed source said the minor explosion might have have been
set off in a mountainous region east of Daylam port 220 kilometers
north of Bushehr before noon on Wednesday by Oil Ministry contractors,
while attempting to clear the ground for implementing oil projects.
He said the use of dynamite to clear the rough mountainous terrain
for roads to implement oil projects is a usual procedure.
IRNA Comments

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Well now were talking about 2 different locations. Just outside of Deylam is not mountainous. So they are moving the source of the explosion to an area where it would be called for.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Well now were talking about 2 different locations. Just outside of Deylam is not mountainous. So they are moving the source of the explosion to an area where it would be called for.

its been move to the mountainous area?
the Iranians have really screwed up here, now its seems so likely that something is being covered up. The US could have taken out a secret project and that might be why the Iranians would not go public about an attack.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Speculation on the psychology of fundamentalist Ayatollahs is a bit of a long shot Fred.

The thing is... Iranian tv broke into regular programming to bring this news, even though it was said there were no responses from Tehran and there was healthy speculation they didnt even know.

Let me tell you this... Iranian state TV doesn't break wind without permission in triplicate from an Ayatollah or Government minister.

They are very much aware of what is going on.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

What is your motivation for covering this up? What makes you so ignorant that simple facts when presented clearly are easily laughed off?

Who says I am trying to cover anything up?

As for being ignorant I do not think so, but nice try. Your problem is you are so insistant that you are right without knowing all the facts and that is not my problem. Why not let the story run out and see what comes of it before jumping to conclusions that there is no need to blow up a road just because you think it is flat?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
NO they are moving the supposed site, because that is where their little lab/base is that they want to keep hidden...

it is also why they are coving up the reprisal missile that was launched to run our spec ops out...

of course they are not going to "disclose" a secret black ops american team on their soil...
just like we wouldn't admit that a secret attack occured on a secret base in the backwoods of Utah...

we would however take action behind the scenes to build a "coalition of the willing" so that we could defend ourselves.

duh... wonder if the statement today that they will shoot down UAV's and the other statement of "syria is our defense buddy" (even though the bathist leadership of Syria is far closer to Iraqs former government, which was at war with iran,) has anything to do with supporting my theory...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join