It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Explosion Heard Outside Iranian City, Conflicting Reports of Cause

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I wholeheartedly agree that the Iranians would announced (rather denounce) any suspected Israeli or American attack on Iranian soil. If its on a top secret installation they would announce it any way.

They can announce an attack and say it was against anything, they dont have to admit there is a secret base there to the World.

They can totally falsify what happend. If it was a SpecOps mission that went pear-shaped and they had their drone shot down then the Iranians can make up their own version of events. They could merely say to the World "American forces have tried to start a War against Iran by firing rockets at our "radar installations"/AA batteries/favourite goat farm" what ever to admit the use of American force but hide their military base from the media.

If the Americans want to counter the claim and say the attack was actually on a top secret Iranian millitary base then they will have to admit to their clandestine activities (which they wont).

If the World asks for proof from the Iranians that the Americans were involved then any UCAV wreckage or missile wreckage would do nicely.

Problem is none of this has actually happend. Its still most likely something highly embarrasing to the Iranian government such as an accident.

Also I too agree that the Iranians are a very smart and very worthy foe for the Americans. The general Iranian public is Westernised and wealthy and highly educated (including American educated). This is not Iraq they're dealing with and they will regret invading this country of 70 million. It will be the beginning of the end for this Administration if they invade.

[edit on 17/2/05 by subz]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
If it was a SpecOps mission that went pair shaped and they had their drone shot down the Iranians can make up their own version of events. They could merely say to the World "American forces have tried to start a War against Iran by firing rockets at our "radar installations"/AA batteries/favourite goat farm" what ever to admit the use of American force but hide their military base from the media.

This could be actually what happened. It would explain the conflicting reports that have been issused and the AA incident aswell.

You are correct aswell about Iran being the downfall of the Bush administration if they invade.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I agree Infinite but the Iranians have never once, in their half dozen or so different stories, pointed the finger at America. Where is the Ayatollah calling for International condemnation of America or Bush's fatwa?

To me it smacks of 100% Iranian incompetence i.e. an accident whilst constructing something of pride to the Iranians. It could well of happend whilst constructing something they want to keep hidden from the World but are not prepared to try and lay the blame on America to cover themselves.

The conflicting reports could be a smoke screen to fudge the exact location of where this accident occured. Thus hiding the location of what they are trying to build/blast a hole into.

Also conflicting reports in a tightly controlled state run media can point to a coup or attempted coup as well. That shouldnt be off the cards in this debate. The Iranian intelligentsia number in the millions, they can see that brinkmanship with the current dumb US President is going to get lots of Iranians killed. Especially if all they have to do is dump the Ruling Council to stave it off. Winners all round in that occurance, ask Khatami

[edit on 17/2/05 by subz]

new topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join