It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

NEWS: Explosion Heard Outside Iranian City, Conflicting Reports of Cause

page: 2
0
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
this is still too wierd to me,
this all feels like a major cover up or something.




posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   


However, Syria's ambassador in the US denied that the common front was an alliance against Washington



andpau - do you seriously think that Syria or any country is going to put all of their cards on the table and say here is our real intent?
I on one hand don't really blame them if they do align. Our governement has been bullys from the get go. Whatever the original intent or albeit honorable intentions has gotten way off base and now we are going after anyone who nanny nanny do do's us.



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
what is strange is that Iran admits to being numerous "friendly fire" incidents over the last few days. Thats going to make you cizitens feel safe at night. Something is going on here, i dont think we are getting the truth somehow.



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
soficrow
Very interesting. You think maybe a US drone was shot down, and the Iranian news outlets are being told by the military there to cover it up to allow recovery of the wreckage for analysis?

If nothing else, this is a great example of economic warfare. It looks to me like Iranian news just have to run a story about an explosion, and world markets wince. We'll have to see what sort of spin occurs in the next couple of days to get a better picture of what really happened.

It's unfortunate, though unavoidable I suppose, that media has become a weapon in WW3 instead of a source of information for the people involved. If one country can affect the morale, money, or military of another country by printing false news, of course they will. We are rapidly drowning in a sea of suspect information on the internet, all so the powerful can play their games and remain unaccountable.

Still no word from the mods regarding the deleted thread? I suspect maybe it wasn't up to NEWS standards.


What that means is anybody's guess. Just playin' mods, I'm sure you had your reasons, now if only you'd share those reasons with your faithful board members.



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
.
.
.
IMO - it's razzle dazzle circus theatrics - designed to manipulate oil prices and money markets.






TORONTO (CP) - The Toronto stock market moved up Wednesday on higher energy stocks as oil moved ahead almost $1.00 US per barrel, partly on reports of an explosion near a nuclear facility in the oil-rich nation of Iran.

Calgary Herald







The dollar initially slipped against the euro and Swiss franc after an Iranian report that an unknown aircraft fired a missile on Wednesday near the southern city of Dailam in the province of Bushehr where Iran has a nuclear power plant.

Iran later said the missile report was wrong, as was a subsequent one saying a fuel tank had fallen from a plane.

Israel, which like the United States has accused Iran of trying to build nuclear weapons, was not involved in the explosion, according to senior Israeli security forces.

The Iran news overshadowed robust U.S. housing start numbers for January.

In mid-morning New York trade, the euro was nearly flat against the dollar from late Tuesday's levels at $1.3026 . The euro zone currency had earlier climbed to a two-week high around $1.3065 on the first reports of the Iran blast. Against the Swiss franc , the dollar was trading at 1.1870 francs, down 0.3 percent from late Tuesday.

"Housing starts did not have much impact on the FX market. It's very good data -- we've got new highs in both series," said Greg Anderson, senior currency strategist at ABN AMRO in Chicago.

"I'm sure this will push up U.S interest rates a bit, but when you have this geopolitical thing out there, and you don't know what's going on and you have more data, plus you have Greenspan coming up this morning, you don't really expect much of an FX impact from the housing number," he added.

Reuters Business News





.



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
soficrow
Very interesting. You think maybe a US drone was shot down, and the Iranian news outlets are being told by the military there to cover it up to allow recovery of the wreckage for analysis?

If nothing else, this is a great example of economic warfare. It looks to me like Iranian news just have to run a story about an explosion, and world markets wince. We'll have to see what sort of spin occurs in the next couple of days to get a better picture of what really happened.

It's unfortunate, though unavoidable I suppose, that media has become a weapon in WW3 instead of a source of information for the people involved. If one country can affect the morale, money, or military of another country by printing false news, of course they will. We are rapidly drowning in a sea of suspect information on the internet, all so the powerful can play their games and remain unaccountable.

Still no word from the mods regarding the deleted thread? I suspect maybe it wasn't up to NEWS standards.


What that means is anybody's guess. Just playin' mods, I'm sure you had your reasons, now if only you'd share those reasons with your faithful board members.


good point,
but the threat of war might be a reason behind a cover up. US migh threaten to invade.



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Why in the world would Iran cover up an attack on its own nuclear plant? if they wanted tthe plant in the first place they would defend it, if unsuccessful, which they must've at least suspected might be an option, they'd've announced it, they wouldnt hide it. They'd be all over the 'zionist imperialists and the great satan'.

What happened to the previous thread about this, why was it shut down?



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Why in the world would Iran cover up an attack on its own nuclear plant? if they wanted tthe plant in the first place they would defend it, if unsuccessful, which they must've at least suspected might be an option, they'd've announced it, they wouldnt hide it. They'd be all over the 'zionist imperialists and the great satan'.

What happened to the previous thread about this, why was it shut down?


The media is accusing Iran of "making this up" to effect the market...


[edit on 16-2-2005 by infinite]



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Anyone consider the possibility that the source of the explosion was not aerial? Would it not be possible that a Special Forces team had infiltrated Iran. They could easily have been the source of the explosion. And a predator could have been deployed to provide aerial intelligence.



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Infinte
What media? Who is accusing Iran of making this up? Post a link please. I'd believe it, but not till I see it.


This is a very strange story, I hope some on ATS can shed light on it for us.



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
why would iran do that to influence oil prices for a few days? They can just charge more for it.



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Infinte
What media? Who is accusing Iran of making this up? Post a link please. I'd believe it, but not till I see it.


This is a very strange story, I hope some on ATS can shed light on it for us.


they were just an interview on ITV (UK TV). The guy being interview said Iran were "playing on the issuse" and "making things up" to effect the market. The offical statement is that is happened during a construction of a Dam
but i want to know what happened to the plane, which was seen, and the missle being fired.

Iran could be covering this up to protect themselves or the western media could be covering it up.



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Is it possible that Iran shot down one of our drones and it exploded visibly enough to be noticed by someone who could report it to the media?

I would think that all sides involved would want to bury an incident like that.

-Scott



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nemithesis
Is it possible that Iran shot down one of our drones and it exploded visibly enough to be noticed by someone who could report it to the media?

I would think that all sides involved would want to bury an incident like that.

-Scott


thats very likely
and this might even be the real story here.



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
A failed missile launch by IRAN makes sense.



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   


The Al-Alam satellite channel, which broadcasts in Arabic, said the explosion may have been caused by an aircraft firing a missile in a deserted area near Dailam or by a fuel tank falling from a plane.

But Iran's Revolutionary Guards said the television reports were wrong, although they declined to give any further details or confirm whether there had been an explosion.

Later Iran's ISNA students news agency said the explosion was caused by dam construction.

Adding to the confusion, Iran's deputy interior minister said there had been a loud bang in southern Iran but there was no sign of any explosion.


story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/20050216/ts_nm/iran_blast_dc

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20050216/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_explosion



Ok lets recap here. WE had reports a missile was fired; oh wait, no it was a fuel tank, ops take that back; it was friendly fire; wait again; it was a dam explosion and to top it off when the first teams arrived on the scene they saw no signs of an explosion.

And lets not forget this took place 100 miles away from the suspected target.

Time to chill our before you all have heart attacks as one put it.



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
A failed missile launch by IRAN makes sense.


true, but think about it.
Iran has admitted to "friendly fire" incidents, that isn't a wise idea.



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by DrHoracid
A failed missile launch by IRAN makes sense.


true, but think about it.
Iran has admitted to "friendly fire" incidents, that isn't a wise idea.


Correction now sounds more like a scalar weapon test...........



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Correction now sounds more like a scalar weapon test...........


The Iranians are up to something now, there has been so many twists in the tale now i don't know what is happening.



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
DrHoracid, you are probably right..

look at what Shots said;

Ok lets recap here. WE had reports a missile was fired; oh wait, no it was a fuel tank, ops take that back; it was friendly fire; wait again; it was a dam explosion and to top it off when the first teams arrived on the scene they saw no signs of an explosion.

You will only say something like that if you are trying to cover something up. If it was a failed attack, they would say, to embrass the nation who attacked them. This is probably covering up weapons, which will be used to attack Irsael



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join