It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Has Been Asked By Archaeologists To Help Decipher Prehistoric Paintings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The 10,000 year old cave paintings, that were discovered in India in 2014, are now going to be analyzed by NASA and the Indian Space Research Agency. They were asked by Indian archaeologists, to help decipher these prehistoric paintings, which show "figures similar to extraterrestrials and UFOs as seen in modern-day science fiction movies." The archaeologists aren't sure whether these drawings represent things that were imagined, or actually seen by prehistoric man.

“The findings suggest that prehistoric humans could have seen or imagined beings from other planets, something that continues to arouse the curiosity of people and researchers today,” said the archaeologists according to the Daily Star.

“The paintings are done in natural colors that have hardly faded despite the years. The strangely carved figures are seen holding weapon-like objects and do not have clear features. Especially, the nose and mouth are missing. In few pictures, they are even shown wearing space suits. We can’t refute the possibility of imagination by prehistoric men but humans usually fancy such things,” said Bhagat.

ancient-code.com...

There are also older prehistoric paintings, which also depict strange "beings" that were discovered in Kimberley, Australia, in 1838. The Wandjina cave paintings are claimed to depict spirit beings, who the Australian Aboriginal people believe are the creators of the land and it's people. Some scientists think that these ancient paintings show something else, especially when you consider that the Wandjina were said to be “sky-beings” or “spirits from the clouds.” Also, some researchers are puzzled with the way the Aboriginal people represented the Wandjinas.

Perhaps what is most interesting about their figurative art painted on rocks and in caves is the way in which they have represented the Wandjinas - white faces, devoid of a mouth, large black eyes, and a head surrounded by a halo or some type of helmet.

One could be forgiven for thinking that there is indeed a remarkable similarity between the Wandjinas and the stereotypical image of an extraterrestrial which we see time and again in art, movies and witness accounts. And many raise logical questions such as, why were the Wandjinas painted with white skin if it was representing another Aboriginal, all of whom had black skin? Why were the eyes always painted so disproportionate to the face and nose? And why were they all painted without a mouth?

www.ancient-origins.net...

What I find intriguing in these cave paintings, are the similarities with other ancient paintings, that have been discovered in other parts of the world. These paintings also show figures with large heads, as well as strange "craft" in the sky:

Painting in Uzbekistan:

Painting in Altamira, Sapin:

Painting in Valcamónica, Italy

Paintings in Utah, USA

Painting in Arkansas, USA

Painting in Barrup Rock, Australia

Painting in Veracruz, Mexico

Painting in the Sahara

Painting in Horseshoe Canyon, USA

Painting in Legend Rock, Wyoming

Anasazi Indians paintings, USA

7000 year old drawing discovered in a cave in Japan

edit on 2/23/2018 by shawmanfromny because: grammar

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Awesome stuff, i wonder what some space agency would say about those golden vimana models, or about the vedic text guide for the pilot.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Why would NASA, who says there are no aliens, be any authority on anything alien related?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

This is very intriguing - has anyone ever heard of NASA being used for consultation to decipher cave paintings or similar artifacts?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Hmmm.. i do not know.. maybe because their tech is over ten thousand years old..

+26 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I got my degree in archaeology. I can promise without a shadow of a doubt, that these cave paintings go against their narrative. They like to change the history books, but only to add commas and periods so they can republish the 17th version of the same sht, and then charge the student 600$ to buy the new version.

There is an intellectual elite within the university system. I say this as a product of the system. I witnessed it first hand, and is why I got my degree and bailed and went into a lucrative career that has nothing to do with digging in the dirt.( as much as I hoped that would be what I ended up doing). I learned to leave relatively soon into my college life( even though I ended up graduating and completing all my courses). Almost EVERY SINGLE question I had that didnt align with the agreed upon narrative was met with " I dont know, who cares-" Or some iteration of that. When I asked about ANY of the interesting finds that point to the possibility of alien contact long ago, I was met with resistance.

TLDR; They wont accept anything new like these paintings. it will end up being explained away as imagination ( cause you know- all those Indians had the scifi channel back then )
edit on 23-2-2018 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

edit on 23-2-2018 by indridcoldisback because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Great thread shawman! The added pictures of various rock/cave paintings in the world make this a very unique thread for people to cross reference in the future.

The one thing that intrigues me the most, isn't the paintings themselves... It's the very fact that a human being who was going about his immediate life and daily chores, had such a personal and life altering moment in what they witnessed, that they had to go take the time to paint a recollection of what they believe they saw.

The action of going to a cave or a rock with paint in hand, and illustrating what that individual just witnessed is intriguing.

Star + Flag

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
edit on 23-2-2018 by Elementalist because: Duplicate

link   
they wont be coming back.

link   

Or the drawings are simply depicting people wearing ritual costumes and masks.

The claim that they've "contacted NASA and ISRO to help solve the mystery" makes the whole thing look very much like a publicity stunt.

link   
a reply to: Jefferton

When did NASA say "There are no aliens"?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
The 10,000 year old cave paintings, that were discovered in India in 2014, are now going to be analyzed by NASA and the Indian Space Research Agency. They were asked by Indian archaeologists, to help decipher these prehistoric paintings, which show "figures similar to extraterrestrials and UFOs as seen in modern-day science fiction movies." The archaeologists aren't sure whether these drawings represent things that were imagined, or actually seen by prehistoric man.

“The findings suggest that prehistoric humans could have seen or imagined beings from other planets, something that continues to arouse the curiosity of people and researchers today,” said the archaeologists according to the Daily Star.

“The paintings are done in natural colors that have hardly faded despite the years. The strangely carved figures are seen holding weapon-like objects and do not have clear features. Especially, the nose and mouth are missing. In few pictures, they are even shown wearing space suits. We can’t refute the possibility of imagination by prehistoric men but humans usually fancy such things,” said Bhagat.

ancient-code.com...

There are also older prehistoric paintings, which also depict strange "beings" that were discovered in Kimberley, Australia, in 1838. The Wandjina cave paintings are claimed to depict spirit beings, who the Australian Aboriginal people believe are the creators of the land and it's people. Some scientists think that these ancient paintings show something else, especially when you consider that the Wandjina were said to be “sky-beings” or “spirits from the clouds.” Also, some researchers are puzzled with the way the Aboriginal people represented the Wandjinas.

Perhaps what is most interesting about their figurative art painted on rocks and in caves is the way in which they have represented the Wandjinas - white faces, devoid of a mouth, large black eyes, and a head surrounded by a halo or some type of helmet.

One could be forgiven for thinking that there is indeed a remarkable similarity between the Wandjinas and the stereotypical image of an extraterrestrial which we see time and again in art, movies and witness accounts. And many raise logical questions such as, why were the Wandjinas painted with white skin if it was representing another Aboriginal, all of whom had black skin? Why were the eyes always painted so disproportionate to the face and nose? And why were they all painted without a mouth?

www.ancient-origins.net...

What I find intriguing in these cave paintings, are the similarities with other ancient paintings, that have been discovered in other parts of the world. These paintings also show figures with large heads, as well as strange "craft" in the sky:

Painting in Uzbekistan:

Painting in Altamira, Sapin:

Painting in Valcamónica, Italy

Paintings in Utah, USA

Painting in Arkansas, USA

Painting in Barrup Rock, Australia

Painting in Veracruz, Mexico

Painting in the Sahara

Painting in Horseshoe Canyon, USA

Painting in Legend Rock, Wyoming

Anasazi Indians paintings, USA

7000 year old drawing discovered in a cave in Japan

Ridiculous that a SPACE agency would advise archeologists.

Yeah.. and I'm going to a dentist because my car won't start.

link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Why would NASA, who says there are no aliens, be any authority on anything alien related?

So that there can be an official declaration that these are all paintings of weather balloons.

link   

help decipher these prehistoric paintings, which show "figures similar to extraterrestrials and UFOs as seen in modern-day science fiction movies." The archaeologists aren't sure whether these drawings represent things that were imagined, or actually seen by prehistoric man.

Every artist has their own 'style'.

If they don't they aren't as unique, don't become as 'famous'.

Something else to consider, often times they didn't have written language, just rough stone surfaces, crude skill and limited materials. One thing for sure, they had the same desire to be known, leave a legacy and guide others.

'That Japanese cave drawing of Roger 'ram jet' looks bogus.

Edit: Oh yah, lots of these individual artists were also influenced by hallucinogens.
edit on 23-2-2018 by intrptr because: edit

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

And it just so happens those 'masks' look like the face of every alien grey weve ever seen in the xfiles. I suppose those folks deserve some of the profits made by speilberg and the likes, eh?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Our civilization is not the first time in this advanced state, many times before, then (SNIP) happens, and start over again.

Round and round and round we go in circles.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
A lot of people haven't thought about aliens correctly.

First of radio signals would be pretty hard to find. The windows of time would have to line up perfectly over thousands or millions of years. The broadcast would have to line up possibly millions of years later with the receivers having the tools to find them. If they passed us 200 years ago we wouldn't know.

Same with travel if motion based travel if they left a star system light years away the window of meeting us in the last say 500 years even is extremely small. The probability of meeting us in the technological age of the last 200 years where much of the world is literate is very small.

Maybe aliens are like dolphins and they don't even care to leave their environment. They have self awareness and language but live on their planet with no want to go to space.

Maybe they send probes as we would that are machine based. Or probes we don't even see as probes because we haven't thought of the technology. Like on a nano scale.

People who think we should have seen them by now don't really understand the probability of them being here at this moment.

Not to say they aren't here as in the zookeeper type scenario but the Fermi paradox is rediculous.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

I fully believe that. And I also think the tech may have been different, and in some ways... more advanced. With more advanced tech, comes more advanced ways at destroying it all. I personally think some crazy tech wiped away evidence of itself long ago.. Perhaps more than once....

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

this is correct but not in the way you think.
it is more like a reset

<<   2  3  4 >>

join