It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Has Been Asked By Archaeologists To Help Decipher Prehistoric Paintings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Devino
Don't forget psychotropic prescription drugs.

Most of the psychotropic drugs that are being described these days are anti-depressants that block the re-uptake of serotonin and dull everything out. Anti-psychotic medications are used to dampen neurotransmitter activity. Far fewer prescriptions are written for the drugs that boost dopamine levels, since the overall goal here is to reduce things like hallucinations or schizophrenia (or, as you may understand it, "seeing the world as it really is").

It's not uncommon for people to be labeled as insane and heavily medicated when they don't see the world like everybody else.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Sometimes i wonder, what will happen, when everyone finds out, that everything we see around us is being projected from a quantum object that exists in no dimension.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

The cave paintings are imagery, there is no veracity that any of them actually refer to 'alien visitation'.

However, its well known the cargo cult tribes of WWII were actually encountering real people.

The model of a cessna aircraft proves it.

See any clay models of 'cessnas' on prehistoric cave floors or in paintings?

I'll settle for a childrens toy that has a disk shape, windows and landing gear.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: bknapple32
a reply to: moebius

And it just so happens those 'masks' look like the face of every alien grey weve ever seen in the xfiles. I suppose those folks deserve some of the profits made by speilberg and the likes, eh?

Or native headdress, whichever...

images

Ah!! I was puzzling over the lines and stripes around the heads of lots of those depictions. Feathers!

Kind of hard to draw those with charcoal bits on cave walls in the dark...

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
The 10,000 year old cave paintings, that were discovered in India in 2014, are now going to be analyzed by NASA and the Indian Space Research Agency.

Again?

This article from 29 October 2015 tells the same story, and it was probably a lie back then.

I will believe it when someone contacts the Chhattisgarh state department of archaeology and gets a positive answer.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It would be nice to see some of these petroglyphs in context.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Why would NASA, who says there are no aliens, be any authority on anything alien related?

When has NASA ever said, "There are no aliens."?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Hmmm, this would be like having the CIA investigate an actual crashed UFO.

I wonder if these paintings will just turn out to be 'weather balloons'

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Devino
Don't forget psychotropic prescription drugs.

Most of the psychotropic drugs that are being described these days are anti-depressants that block the re-uptake of serotonin and dull everything out. Anti-psychotic medications are used to dampen neurotransmitter activity. Far fewer prescriptions are written for the drugs that boost dopamine levels, since the overall goal here is to reduce things like hallucinations or schizophrenia (or, as you may understand it, "seeing the world as it really is").

It's not uncommon for people to be labeled as insane and heavily medicated when they don't see the world like everybody else.
I know, it was rather a play on words as they are psychotropic after all. Personally I think most of those prescribed the SSRI drugs would be better off with a stiff dose of Ayahuasca or Peyote instead. The problem is that there is no money in curing people.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
It would be nice to see some of these petroglyphs in context.
Rock art can be found all over the world, you could have some not too far away. If you ever get a chance to go look at some I highly recommend it, context away. Some people might find them rather uninteresting but I don't.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
imgur.com...

Left: Ancient Cave Painting In India
Right: High Resolution Photograph Of Earth's Lunar Satellite (The Moon)

i.imgur.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   

help decipher these prehistoric paintings, which show "figures similar to extraterrestrials and UFOs as seen in modern-day science fiction movies." The archaeologists aren't sure whether these drawings represent things that were imagined, or actually seen by prehistoric man.

Every artist has their own 'style'.

If they don't they aren't as unique, don't become as 'famous'.

Something else to consider, often times they didn't have written language, just rough stone surfaces, crude skill and limited materials. One thing for sure, they had the same desire to be known, leave a legacy and guide others.

'That Japanese cave drawing of Roger 'ram jet' looks bogus.

Edit: Oh yah, lots of these individual artists were also influenced by hallucinogens.
that and a couple look like a stone age artist rendition of lizards. The one from Australia certainly looks like a crappy gecko.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

If you saw only one of those images, you might think that head shape was just coincidental. but when you see a whole bunch of those images with that particular head shape, makes you think otherwise.

What year was that image in the Sahara, complete with both alien and disks?
edit on 24-2-2018 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Well, seeing people are showing the images.......
Time for a song to match them..

As a coincidence....I took my son to a car museum here the other day, and there is a feature of early vehicle travel in the very early 20th century.
One photo was of an Aboriginal tribe in Central Australia taken in the early 1900s.

It was of some women getting ready for a ceremony, of what I dont know....neither did the photographer.
The women....naked, were completely covered, hair to toe, in a pure White powder, some sort of local talc.
This was before there was even a road or track through this area.....so they weren't representing a "White" European man..

Also note that Australian indigenous peoples rock art is as old as Neanderthal and African art......That in itself is interesting.....so where did they come from? Were they always dark skinned?

edit on 24-2-2018 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Sometimes i wonder, what will happen, when everyone finds out, that everything we see around us is being projected from a quantum object that exists in no dimension.

Well, I believe Quantum Entanglement exists. So to go the next step, I think it means that an object like that would likely be true as anything we can imagine. Emphasis on imagination playing a part in the existence. Nothing can even begin to be built, so to speak, until you imagine something 'could be'.

The entanglement seems to be including the input of the observer and what is being sought. Google this concept for some insight into this process. I may be off topic, back to the thread.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: gspat

originally posted by: bknapple32
a reply to: moebius

And it just so happens those 'masks' look like the face of every alien grey weve ever seen in the xfiles. I suppose those folks deserve some of the profits made by speilberg and the likes, eh?

Or native headdress, whichever...

images

Some of those headdresses are really intriguing.

The designs for some of them have been passed by through generations.

Are they emulating something they saw?

I believe so. The Australian Aborigines Didgeredoo is supposed to emulate the sound of ancient birds that are now extinct. Some of those African headdresses make the person look like a particular animal and thus give them the attributes of that animal; strength, stamina, speed, camouflage.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve

If by "Quantum" you mean extradimensional, I agree. That space all around and thru us isn't void.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Often they would be emulating the things they would hunt or animals around them to embody their powers.

Many tribes people around today do similar things.

Personally I'm seeing mainly ceremonial activities, IMHO. Some I can't bring myself to believe are genuine.

Time is everything in regards to these paintings, for instance. We hail from humans that grew things to live so we tended to evolve religions and beliefs based upon the Sun and the Moon. Ancient hunters and gatherers too lived by the cycles, seemingly and most notably the solstices and equinoxes.

In the Northern hemisphere the end if summer would've been the greatest bounty, if humans didn't grow then it was nature that provided... It just so happens that the end of summer - autumn is the best time to find "the fruit of the God's" aka as magical fungus. It was also the time of the great feast or as we now know it "the harvest festival".

You get a load of humans together, educated or not, whilst also taking hallucinogens and embodying the greatest assets of the wild they've ever seen then you might get some funky pictures being produced.

I think they wanted us to see nature like them, I think they assumed it to be a given that human will always be ceremonial, experimental and exploratory.

They were talking of God's... Not the kind that fly around the sky though. The kind that live, in you, in me and every living thing.

I may be well off the mark. I'm not exactly in-tune with nature... I don't think many of us are.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

We can’t refute the possibility of imagination by prehistoric men but humans usually fancy such things,” said Bhagat.

What do you suppose he means by this? Fancy what such things?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Who needs NASA?
Figure it out for yourself.
It doesn't take a genius.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join