It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Has Been Asked By Archaeologists To Help Decipher Prehistoric Paintings

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
a reply to: moebius

And it just so happens those 'masks' look like the face of every alien grey weve ever seen in the xfiles. I suppose those folks deserve some of the profits made by speilberg and the likes, eh?

Or native headdress, whichever...

images

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Every human has the key in their brain to check the data themselves.
Just like they did the last time, and before that, and before that.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I see mystical renderings by people under tye influence of mind altering substances and/or effects.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That is basically a tomato or a tomateo type question..

Like for example, what really is the difference between dreams and reality when the dream becomes reality (like any invention).
edit on 23-2-2018 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I guess they didn't have Jeff sessions back then. You could just bonk him on the head and tell him to shut up because he was smaller than you.

But maybe the altered state alows one to travel past our limited consciousness perception into other dimensions.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Weird paintings for sure.

But... Did NASA said anything about it yet?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

7000 year old drawing discovered in a cave in Japan

Any more information about this one?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Every human has the key in their brain to check the data themselves.

Thats presumptuous, depending on subjective opinion, whole worlds and entire cultures removed.

Not that anyone didn't see them back then... just that every circle, blob or head dress isn't probably a UFO or space helmet.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
Weird paintings for sure.

But... Did NASA said anything about it yet?

Heres their answer...

(crickets)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I find the one that looks like it has feathered arms to be really interesting, makes me think of an evolved dinosaur which would look like a winged serpent. Hmm...where have we heard mention of winged serpents before, I wonder?? I keep reading mention of "Native head dressings" being the go to dismissal but I have to wonder what inspired them to wear feathered head dressings and such? Were they emulating some being they saw as strong and powerful or did they just think it looked cool?
edit on 23-2-2018 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Why would NASA, who says there are no aliens, be any authority on anything alien related?

You mean they say there is no hard evidence of aliens visiting Earth. However, you can bet that NASA (at least most NASA scientists) think that ET life most likely exists. The ETs may not be visting us, but most mainstream scientist in the feild understnd that it is likely other intelligent life exists somewnere in the vast universe.

...but NASA scientists (and other scientists) belief that ET life probably exists somewhere in the universe is not really relevant or helpful here.

I say that because I do have to wonder that even if NASA feels that ET life is likely to exist, but have no hard evidence of their existence, what can they tell these archeologists about these images? They've never seen ETs or ET craft, so they could only guess what they are, just like an archeologist.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that archaeologists are MORE of an expert in what these images might represent (whatever they represent) than NASA since archeaologists have spent years studying and interpreting similar images. NASA has no experience whatsoever interpreting images like these.

I think this group studying these images is just looking for a little publicity by invoking the name "NASA", even if NASA is probably less of an expert than other archaeologists would be.

edit on 23/2/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
files.abovetopsecret.com...

It looks like the chem triling started about 10,000 years ago.

Click the link to go to the painting that shows what looks like a UFO with large a large gas plume.

But seriously, an excellent thread.
edit on 23-2-2018 by Spader because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

True, but some things stay the same even if all culture and linguistic presets are removed.

But in this particular case, i think this is a publicity stunt,

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I love these types of threads--while the Ancient Aliens series has gone off the deep end, I still enjoy the first season, and finds like what you depict here have to, at the very least, cause people to believe that there is a possibility that ancient civilizations encountered things that we are not currently (to most of our knowledge, anyhow).

Great thread, although I'm sure that many will enter the discussion with a sealed-off mind.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

I know huh? Throw in denial and you have Never A Straight Answer.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Why do people say such a dumb thing? There are plenty of straight answers on their website.

What have they not given a straight answer to, then?

And, please, stupid Youtube videos made by idiots will not count.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Yes, it's Boeings Bird Of Prey. The longest kept black project

i.kinja-img.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

And it just so happens those 'masks' look like the face of every alien grey weve ever seen in the xfiles. I suppose those folks deserve some of the profits made by speilberg and the likes, eh?

images

Some of those headdresses are really intriguing.

The designs for some of them have been passed by through generations.

Are they emulating something they saw?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

7000 year old drawing discovered in a cave in Japan

Any more information about this one?

Obviously swamp gas.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: gspat

originally posted by: intrptr

images

Some of those headdresses are really intriguing.

The designs for some of them have been passed by through generations.

Are they emulating something they saw?

they're JUST headresses..
and this is JUST art..

In the case of US troops who seemed like gods and dropped supply crates on islands inhabited, we see the inhabitants making "art" to call them back.

headresses and cave paintings could easily be the same thing.

most cultures arent shy of talking about it. like american indians and their star brothers and the ANT people..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join