It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Should Focus on Preventing ALL CHILDREN From Being Murdered by Guns.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
February 23, 2018

Since 2013, 35 Children have been murdered in SCHOOL SHOOTINGS.
Source: time.com...

Since 2013, 7,300 Children have been murdered by gun, ACROSS AMERICA.
Source: www.bradycampaign.org...

Why is so much emphasis being placed on preventing only 1/2 of 1%, of the firearm murders of our nation's children? Just the School Shootings?

Are the other 99.5% of children murdered by gun, acceptable losses?

God I hope our country has not become that dysfunctional and callous!

-CareWeMust

edit on 2/23/2018 by carewemust because: Title Adjustment.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I think you've identified the propaganda element.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I say we need to protect all children from harm , kidnapping , molesters , falling in the shower , et al
Oh , yes .....folks DUI . That takes more young lives than anything..and driving while texting.
But , we cant
Done
Next

edit on 2/23/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

Propaganda? Every mass shooting you have people try to get tighter restrictions on automatic weapons.

You only see it as propaganda due to been accustomed to people dying from guns every day over there. Obviously the mass shootings, especially at schools, are the ones that bring more notice to the problem.

It'll change soon, new in , old out.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   

What sickened me today is how the LIBERAL MSM talks about the NRA as if it is GOD, in control of millions of simple-minded citizens and Congressmen. People don't do what the NRA tells them to do. CNN especially, is HEAVY with NRA propaganda.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

But Americans (some? many? most?) want to spend many billions of dollars to prevent another 35 children from being shot and killed at school, while giving the green light for 7,300 of them to be killed everywhere else. Go figure!

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
65k people died from painkillers last year, but the profit pays for most of the msm.

65,000 people
edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I wonder how many kids die because the found their stupid f'ing parent unsecured gun?
It take's a special kind of idiocy and disregard to say nothing can be done.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Because the argument for expanding firearm and rifle restrictions has nothing to do with protecting children and has everything to do with disarming the citizens so we are as easy to walk over as the british and australians.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I wonder how many kids die because the found their stupid f'ing parent unsecured gun?

77 according to the CDC.

But google that question, they are saying it's false across all msm.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
65k people died from painkillers last year, but the profit pays for most of the msm.

65,000 people

That is a horrific and sad statistic! I'd like say more, but it would take this thread off track. Why don't you start one?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I couldn't find a clear answer
I will keep looking..AP says 141 in 2015
edit on 23-2-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackSkinhead

Propaganda? Every mass shooting you have people try to get tighter restrictions on automatic weapons.

You only see it as propaganda due to been accustomed to people dying from guns every day over there. Obviously the mass shootings, especially at schools, are the ones that bring more notice to the problem.

It'll change soon, new in , old out.

What you think the smith mundt act was a broadway show?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

(Deep breath.)

During the extended Sydney Hilton Bombing court case the four year old son of the coerced bomber was left alone with an armed guard, either ASIO or under the authority of ASIO. www.asio.gov.au...

When the parents returned the guard was asleep having drunk a bottle of spirits. The four year old boy had his gun. Luckily there were no serious consequences, he's still with us, I spoke to him on the phone yesterday.

Official bodyguard falling asleep drunk on the sofa with a gun in a shoulder holster can be added to the dangerous scenarios involving unsecured guns.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   

and some Americans want to spend 15-20 billion a year on immigration.

98000 Public Schools
33000 Private Schools

Now, two Federally Fund two retired LEO's MIlitary per school each year, remember summers off so 9 months.

30k a year salaries for each equals about 8 billion a year.

Now there are already schools with these measures in place so why not provide them with the 60k to fortify their schools?

Still less than a military jet project and we get to protect our kids....

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Every month, there's at least 1 local news story about one sibling accidentally killing another one, or killing themselves. And Chicago has strict gun laws...that not enough people follow, apparently.

My wife keeps our handgun locked up in a combination-lock safe inside of a kitchen cabinet..unloaded. If a burglar comes into our house, he'd shoot me while I'm trying to get the damn thing.
edit on 2/23/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

It is sad, people are dying by the truckloads and msm is pushing this gun problem bs.

Not trying to derail at all.

Getting ready to crash, don't have the time to gather all the numbers tonight and put together something worthy of an op.

But if we are going to legislate off the backs of dead children, let's at least look at all the deaths.
I bet bike wreck deaths are higher than shootings.
Added
Sounds like we need to ban water.
In 2015, 84 Florida children died due to drowning,
edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: added

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Jeezus, glad nothing happened, hope the guard was fired and lost ownership privileges.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Because the argument for expanding firearm and rifle restrictions has nothing to do with protecting children and has everything to do with disarming the citizens so we are as easy to walk over as the british and australians.

My gut feeling is that the people who want a gun, will find a way to obtain one. Age restrictions didn't stop me from getting liquor when I was 16. I'd just give some random adult $5 for their "help".

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   

We have to keep ours locked up, and ammo seperate. I've figured it can be retrieved and loaded in about 1.5-2 mins.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join