It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Should Focus on Preventing ALL CHILDREN From Being Murdered by Guns.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Ya, I hear you, raccoon's trigger mine on occasion, but that part is not linked to the main alarm..so no surprises.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

I tell ATS members to not be shy about starting a thread. If you have an issue that you feel strongly about, and want to increase awareness, start a thread on it.

That's why I started this one...to point out the irrationality of focusing so much attention and resources on the few children shot/killed at school, while ignoring the vast majority, who are shot/killed outside of school.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Well there are efforts being made to reduce auto accidents all the time, same for other causes, I find in the case of guns not much is being done..or are people even willing to try.

And to be up front, I'm Canadian, it's extremely rare to have this happen due to how we have to store firearms.

edit on 23-2-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   

If my energy wasn't starting to wane, I'd find a reliable source that ranks in numerical order, what situation the child or teen is in, when he/she is murdered by a gun.

edit on 2/23/2018 by carewemust because: Changed handgun, to gun.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
How many school shootings have happened at military schools ?

List of school shootings in the United States

From what I see on the entire list - 0
But I dint know the first recorded was in July 26th 1764 , either
From the list , this is nowhere near a new phenomenon .
Check it out...

Wow...1764? I don't think we were officially a country then. You're right. School shootings are not a new phenomenon. But I bet the ratio of Non-School to School gun murders of children, is higher now than it has ever been.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   

But the purpose of THIS THREAD is to point out how illogical it is to dedicate so many resources to only solving 1/2 of 1% of the GUNS KILLING CHILDREN problem. Try to solve 100%. We won't get there anytime soon, but at least try to save more than 1/2 of 1%, for cryin out loud.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   

She is really lucky that her son didn't shoot himself.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   

On that link , most give the alleged reason . Most were targeted to that specific person(s) via that reasoning. Not the entire school.
So , what is changed ? That is the question that really needs to be answered.
What makes a military school any different from a normal High School ?
Could it be morality ?
Could it be honor ?
Could it be a feeling of camaraderie ?
A feeling of self-esteem and self-worth ?

Above my paygrade to answer.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

I suspect not.

I would also suspect that it was because, and here's the shocker, kids were taught to use them properly, respect them as the dangerous, if misused, tools that they are. From. A. Very. Young. Age.

Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Stop GIVING OUT SCHOOLS! Most shot pupils will be shot THERE!

DANGER!

DANKER!

DANJER!
edit on 23 2 2018 by ManFromEurope because: edit: not every pupil will be shot, at least now.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
February 23, 2018

Since 2013, 35 Children have been murdered in SCHOOL SHOOTINGS.
Source: time.com...

Since 2013, 7,300 Children have been murdered by gun, ACROSS AMERICA.
Source: www.bradycampaign.org...

Why is so much emphasis being placed on preventing only 1/2 of 1%, of the firearm murders of our nation's children? Just the School Shootings?

Are the other 99.5% of children murdered by gun, acceptable losses?

God I hope our country has not become that dysfunctional and callous!

-CareWeMust

Women kill more children at home, than men do at school with a gun, you know that right?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Children are not more equal than the rest if us. I know its a heartstrings thing...but this notion that a child dying is somehow worse than anyone else is absurd.

I value life. 1 year or 100 years.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

LOL,comming from a state with homicides rates that lead the world,these are orchestrated acts by the federal government,another example of the government killing it's own to force a point,guns aren't any more dangerous then before,but the government and idiot liberals are,some things never change

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

and some Americans want to spend 15-20 billion a year on immigration.

98000 Public Schools
33000 Private Schools

Now, two Federally Fund two retired LEO's MIlitary per school each year, remember summers off so 9 months.

30k a year salaries for each equals about 8 billion a year.

Now there are already schools with these measures in place so why not provide them with the 60k to fortify their schools?

Still less than a military jet project and we get to protect our kids....

I think there are easier things to do than to turn innocent kids schools, into fortresses.

In my opinion, the biggest question that needs to be examined and dealt with is, how are these kids getting guns??

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

But the purpose of THIS THREAD is to point out how illogical it is to dedicate so many resources to only solving 1/2 of 1% of the GUNS KILLING CHILDREN problem. Try to solve 100%. We won't get there anytime soon, but at least try to save more than 1/2 of 1%, for cryin out loud.

I don't think its illogical. The average person cares more about a group of kids being killed than one kid. My belief is that the thinking is this:

One kid shot in a home either through accident or on purpose couldn't possibly happen to an outsiders kid because they are more responsible than that.

A group of kids shot at a school is a horrible tragedy and one that the parents can't possibly control.

It's all about how people view themselves. An accident isn't likely to happen to them, until it does. A school shooting is a fear for their child because they can't control it.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
If you want to focus on deaths by firearms, take a look at the rest of the world before you start lamenting about the United States. The US is almost damn near last on the list. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I've never been to a military or a Religion-based school either, Gothmog. But there is definitely less violent crime at schools which aren't public schools.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I suspect not.

I would also suspect that it was because, and here's the shocker, kids were taught to use them properly, respect them as the dangerous, if misused, tools that they are. From. A. Very. Young. Age.

Just a thought.

What's somewhat stunning is how "dead to emotion" these shooters look when one is captured. Not just mass-shooters, but young guys who shoot someone on the street.

Personally, I think the video games have a lot to do with this lack of remorse. In fact, from what I've seen, killing real people may be a let-down, compared to the rush and excitement these kids have from mowing down virtual battlefield enemies, in competition with other players.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackSkinhead

originally posted by: Kester

I think you've identified the propaganda element.

Propaganda? Every mass shooting you have people try to get tighter restrictions on automatic weapons.

You only see it as propaganda due to been accustomed to people dying from guns every day over there. Obviously the mass shootings, especially at schools, are the ones that bring more notice to the problem.

It'll change soon, new in , old out.

The shooter didnt use a automatic weapon.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Aren't School Zones Also Gun Free Zones ? Except for Criminals that is....Hmm...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join