It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Should Focus on Preventing ALL CHILDREN From Being Murdered by Guns.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Mandroid7

I couldn't find a clear answer
I will keep looking..AP says 141 in 2015

141 children die due to a parent not locking up their gun, every year?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

That "unsecured gun" aspect is what concerns me about teachers having guns. What if one accidently leaves it in his/her desk drawer when going to the restroom, to recess, etc.. and a curious or devious student gets it?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

That's a sensible measure...but very expensive for saving only 1/2 of 1% of the children who would be murdered by gun that year.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That's the msms correction claiming the 77 the cdc is stating is actually 141.

I trust the cdc number more.

Google it, it's buried way behind the emotional msm claims.

Very interesting results there.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I bet in the pioneer days, when every family had at least one gun, there weren't that many children shot and killed.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
How many school shootings have happened at military schools ?

List of school shootings in the United States

From what I see on the entire list - 0
But I dint know the first recorded was in July 26th 1764 , either
From the list , this is nowhere near a new phenomenon .
Check it out...

edit on 2/23/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   

We have to keep ours locked up, and ammo seperate. I've figured it can be retrieved and loaded in about 1.5-2 mins.

Both of our boys are grown and out of the house now. My wife is still afraid to have a gun in an unsecured place. It would take me 5 minutes to shake off the sleepiness, head to the kitchen and retrieve the gun...and load it. By that time, I'm dead meat. Thank-goodness we're in a low crime area!

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   

The article I'm referencing disappears after 10 seconds(guess they want me to subscribe), thats the gist of it..anywhere from the 77 reported by the CDC to 141 reported by Associated Press..the difference in #s is supposedly how the coroner classifies the incident.

From USA Today

CDC officials have acknowledged that their statistics are low because they rely on how coroners classify the fatalities on death certificates. Some coroners rule deaths in which one child unintentionally shoots another as a homicide — rather than an accidental discharge — because they fit the definition of being killed by another. They also can classify them as undetermined if the intent is unclear — for example, if it’s not certain whether a minor committed suicide or accidentally shot himself.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Best thing you can do is have a security system that announces when people have entered the property..buys a bit of time.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Thanks for that CDC info. If we were really interested in preventing gun-deaths of children, the country would prioritize. Address the #1 cause of children being shot first. Then the #2 cause...etc.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I bet in the pioneer days, when every family had at least one gun, there weren't that many children shot and killed.

Kinda sounds like the 80's and 90's and everywhere out in the country now.

I agree with you, kids need to man up and deal with their emotions, probaby a result of everything being so gd expensive and wages not rising along side cost of living, it's splitting up the homes just to survive now. Kids aren't getting the attention, dicipline, and guidance they require and turn into bratty reactive monsters.

edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: added

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Thank-you for the info on how coroner classifications vary. But regardless of the cause, 1,800 children and teens die by gun in the U.S. every year. Totally unacceptable. That's the 300 pound gorilla in the room. Not the school-shootings.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Remember this retard..gun rights advocate(thats not what made her an idiot)

www.jacksonville.com...
edit on 23-2-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

11 teens die every day as a result of texting while driving.

Since Parkland - 99 dead kids
Since Newtown - more than 20,867

These are real numbers. More than 20,000 kids have needlessly died since the Sandy Hook shooting. Killed themselves - killed others. Not people who got mangled - I - mean - dead. Stats on how many were crippled and maimed aren't recorded anywhere I can find. Still - Nobody talking. 20,000, I guess, is an acceptable number. Acceptable to you - acceptable by the mass media.

Stop being sheople. Know your numbers. Too bad this post wound up on page 2 again.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I agree, it's unacceptable..I find it frustrating to hear people basically say ..oh well, what about this or that(other causes of death unrelated to firearms)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Best thing you can do is have a security system that announces when people have entered the property..buys a bit of time.

I know. We have that..motion detection & smoke alarm combo, connected to the police and fire department. But I don't use it anymore, due to animals triggering it, or me forgetting to turn it off. One time, I got out of the shower and found police in the house, looking for the burglar.

But since I started going to bed only 2 hours before the sun comes up, there's no big sense of loss by not activating that system any longer.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Check out my post right below yours....some go back to the 1700s

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

It is sad, people are dying by the truckloads and msm is pushing this gun problem bs.

Not trying to derail at all.

Getting ready to crash, don't have the time to gather all the numbers tonight and put together something worthy of an op.

But if we are going to legislate off the backs of dead children, let's at least look at all the deaths.
I bet bike wreck deaths are higher than shootings.
Added
Sounds like we need to ban water.
In 2015, 84 Florida children died due to drowning,

Well 6300 people die per hour in america 24/7. We always like to throw numbers out there but when you are talking 330 million it is rather easy to get big looking number on just about anything.

As for Mass school shootings...21 in the last 50 years with about 200 dead total, the sad part is just about all would never have happen if the shooters expected some teachers to be carrying concealed. We are talking about 21 sick people out of 100s of millions...

edit on 23-2-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Your comparing deaths regardless. If you throw out gun deaths without understanding the total numbers of deaths by everything else, it's pointless and pushing a narrative. There are much bigger threats than guns in death statistics.
You have to look at all of them.

Drownings, head injuries, car accidents etc, etc..

That shouldn't frustrate you to compare it, why would you only care if they die by guns? It sounds like you are pushing a narrative with that outlook.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Remember this retard..gun rights advocate(thats not what made her an idiot)

www.jacksonville.com...

First time I've heard of the Jamie Guilt saga. She must be the type of person Obama was referring to, when he spoke of some people who "cling to" their guns. For her son's sake, I'm glad she lived.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join