It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS cyber chief: Russia 'successfully penetrated' some state voter rolls

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

just stop.... its seriously embarrassing

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Ha ha.

Gonna be singing a different tune pretty soon.

What's the supposed to mean?

All I do around here is call out BS no matter whose posting it. Its just too bad since we 'met' the most constant and over the top has been from your team.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
a reply to: xuenchen

helps if you own and calibrate the machines.

Do you know who owns Diebold? Check it out.
edit on 7-2-2018 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11
Recycled inconsequential misleading news. Democrats don't care about voted fraud, they support it. They don't care about fair elections because they rigged it against Bernie. They make up this Russia rigged the elections myth to cover for their loss and try to impeach Trump.

ERM, be careful what position you take. Russia is backing the Democrats this year.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

This right here. I've had to block entire countries on firewalls in the past due to this sort of behavior, there are port scanners running constantly looking for the low hanging fruit. I would wager that if logs were reviewed you would also see China, various former Soviet bloc countries, possibly Pakistan, and a South American country or two thrown in for good measure.

Now my opinion on this is the same as power grid systems, smart building controls, hospital building controls, etc.,do not under any circumstances connect these devices to a network that is accessible to the outside world. Congratulations you've just reduced your attack surface significantly and now you're threat vectors are insider threat and vendor support. Which in most cases if an attacker has physical access to a device or network you've already lost the game.

Since I know that realistically they will never remove these systems from internet accessibility, I would say expect more of the same in the future. Any jackass with nmap or some other application can have investigators claiming that there was a targeted attempt at compromise due to a scan.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: toysforadults
so they performed a port scan???

Go ahead and expose port 22 on your FW and read the logs. I GUARANTEE it will be hit every few seconds with attempted Auths every few minutes.

There are port scanners galore just running on the Internet all day, everyday.

Some could be hackers, others are just port discovery tools.

This proves ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

pretty much my point

calling it a probe is like calling a grenade an nuclear explosion lol, maybe a little extreme but same idea

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
And ?

If dead people,felons,and illegals can vote.

Why not RUSSIA! ?

Why don't you suggest that Putin be allowed to simply appoint our Presidents? Would that work for you?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

And ?

Why not RUSSIA! ?

Why don't you suggest that Putin be allowed to simply appoint our Presidents? Would that work for you?

Right, because there is no way Trump could have won an election already overwhelmingly rigged for Hillary without the RUSSIANS!!!

*evil laughs*

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: xuenchen
So how did they change the vote counts ?

😆

I'm waiting for them to finally release the classified info that the Russians not only hacked the voter machines, but changed the vote tally in favor of Trump, hence explaining the apparently contradictory evidence that Hillary won the popular vote, while trump won the Elections.

A hack could to that.

They wouldn't be able to hack all the votes to affect the popular count, but they could just hack the essential votes required to show a Trump victory.

Then, all would be explained.

Not sure why they aren't releasing this top secret information.

But, if they sent this info as a memo to Trump for consideration, would he de-classify it?

Hmm....

Would have been outed by now.

It's a ziltch.

🔑

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime

Suffice it to say, Hillary won few big states and many less middle to small states, so she lost the electorate votes required.

There was no "hack" and a "hack" wouldn't explain that. If they hacked the election, they would have had to take states that were blue and flip them red. A blue state would know it was hacked if it flipped red, immediately.

Like if Florida went blue, or NY went red; we'd know to check for foul play.

I think it was proven that Trump won just because of 3 or 4 states, that usually went to Hillary, but somehow went mysteriously to Trump. This was the whole point of the "recount" movement, that attempted to get legal action to recheck those few states before the Electoral count. Trump successfully squashed that recount movement. So, we'll never know.

So, all the Russians needed was to hack those few states. A relatively easy job. They only had to affect the counting, not even the voting. If a recount was done, it could very well be found those few states did indeed go to Hillary.

Trump should never have stopped the recount. He'd then have been confident of his victory, if indeed he did win fairly.

But, it's understandable why he'd prevent the recount, if he knew what the Russians had done.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Right, because there is no way Trump could have won an election already overwhelmingly rigged for Hillary without the RUSSIANS!!!

*evil laughs*

It is well known that Trump would never be President if it wasn't for the Russians.

You can watch the proof here:

However, it's not known to what extent the "Russian Government" was involved, verses the "Russian Mafia", in developing Donald Trump's carear as a successful business man in real estate, leading to him being in the position to run for office.

Russian influence began back in 1984, and continued for decades, giving Trump money via a number of "Shell Corporations" which hide the identity of the financial backers. That's why Trump says his finances are "off limits" to the FBI investigators.

But, they know it all already. They just don't have the "specific details" to enable them to make arrests.

What they have is what we'd call all "circumstantial" evidence, with a few names and places of Russian underworld figures dealing with Trump businesses.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Interesting tid bit...

Ol' Jeanette served as:

Director for Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity
National Security Council Staff, The White House
May 2014 – April 2015 (1 year)

www.linkedin.com...

Anything or anyone under the Obama administration, at this point, should be considered highly unreliable and/or compromised...PERIOD

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart
But but theres no proof according to a thread that got a lot of stars on here, the usual faces now this.

Waits to see how they explain it away.

How do we know the Ruskies didnt vote for HRC like all the other illegals?
edit on 7-2-2018 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Having worked with CIP standards for NERC previously, this does not inspire a load of confidence...

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Bwahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I think we are way behind in cyber security and even with experience this stuff is hard to track and prove. Also I think Obama was being held to a very high standard. If he had suggest anything with out proof beyond any doubt it wouldn't have been excepted, but would have been turned into a conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: bluechevytree

Trump has never been right about a thing in his whole !ife. He buys right . He rents right but he never is right.
This is not what he was talking about when he said voter fraud. His issue is he wants the popular vote to be in his favor and that just isn't ever going to happen. More people voted for Hillary and it kills him.
And you do know he dismantled his voter fraud panel when one member brought a law suit against the government because he showed up for work and no one ever told them what they were supposed to actually be doing. So ...So much for trump being right. Like I said.

I have a theory.....that Silly is actually Nancy Pelosi. You could swap their statements and no one would bat an eye.

You never see them at the same time.....hmmm?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

mind=blown.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: angeldoll

And ?

Why not RUSSIA! ?

*evil laughs*

Obviously I was being facetious, but I believe strongly we should be very cautious about anyone interfering in our internal affairs, especially those who wish to disrupt our democracy. I personally find the idea of it very troublesome.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join