It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS cyber chief: Russia 'successfully penetrated' some state voter rolls

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Everyone seems to be covering this but Fox:

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

From your link

There is no evidence that any of the registration rolls were altered in any fashion, according to U.S. officials.

And the official at homeland security said she cant talk about it.

She didnt outright make a claim that someone in law enforcement could act upon.

They "could have" is the best you people have.

This is all banter and innuendo.

I know you are smart, so I am actually a little upset you are pushing propaganda.

And AGAIN,

DHS makes these claims, then has to clarify that they do not in fact have ANY evidence of Russians hacking the registration polls.

SEVERAL states they have mentioned in the past have corrected them, and DHS then issued retractions of those assessments.

edit on 2 8 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

In your world it's been debunked. If you're sure of yourself and your sources, you have nothing to worry about.

Personally I have seen plenty of evidence of Russian cyber espionage to leave it on my watch list.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: villagesmithie

Could you share this evidence or is it a secret?

Like I said, OP says DHS affirms hacking. DHS has issued retractions of said statements.

Could anyone clarify if: these claims are new and based on evidence? Provide a link please if so.

OR

IF these are the same, already retracted claims by DHS about Russians hacking voter registration polls.

Its pretty specific an issue to get confused about.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Nobody is doubt that cyber espionage is happening, the Chinese were living inside the Office of personnel management for 6 months at least, as an example, It happens every single day by a multitude of nations and we are doing it every single day to a multitude of nations.

What people are doubting, is that Russia hacked the "election" like the MSM and some democrats keep saying, nobody has even hinted at any actual evidence that Russia influenced the election any more than any of the other nations have.

On top of that, I have not seen any actual evidence that should cause me to worry more about Russian interference more than say China.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Why not start herewiki

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Should I read all of wiki in order to achieve your level of bias?

You make claims, you provide evidence. Thats how it goes.

You are all looking like willful propagandists.

You have no evidence of a specific cyber crime /highly technical crime with infinite evidence if true.

Admit it.

PS
This is not ok. You guys know better.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

No I have no evidence of a specific cyber crime, I am not a cyber detective sorry for my short comings.

As I said if your sure of yourself and your sources, no worries. I choice to continue to watch this story. You can call that bias if you want.

I don't waste my time trying to prove anything to people who's minds are already made up. 3

Ok here is the evidence to back up my post.

Exhibit a: There was a story I provided a link to. (true)

Exhibit b: I said I had seen enough evidence for me to continue to watch this story. (true)

Exhibit c: I provided you with a link that summed up the history of this story. (true)

Exhibit d: You exaggerated and asked for evidence that I don't have the expertise or inclinations to provided (true)

If you want more evidence look it up. If you already "know" your opinion is correct. You win. (true?)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Why does it matter though?

Id think its a given that every country on the planet is trying to undermine our elections. Why fight so hard against the concept?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Probably wont mean much, but I just finished a tech degree in security this past December and in our Security Capstone class we talked about this very subject quite a bit.

Our instructor also runs his own security firm, and nothing he had heard up to December suggested the Russians managed to do anything meaningful through the hacks.

Obviously second hand info take it with a grain of salt, no doubt but that is why I at least laugh at the Russian influence narrative.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

That is what I've understood as well. And, that's what I got from the original link I posted.

That's what's frustrating about this site recently. I think it's perfectly reasonable to recognize that hacking goes on all over. When it's mentioned in this context it becomes political and there are those who will fight against the idea because it threatens their "side".

But, we don't write off little rocket man because he hasn't bombed us, yet. We recognize that there is a risk and try to plan for it as best we can.

We keep moving ahead with digital technology and find the vulnerabilities as me go. Pretending they're not there is not a good strategy.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Well here people are making very specific accusations.

If there is no evidence how CAN I come to the conclusion that they are just seeing evidence differently than I am?

If there is no evidence, and they insist this much, I have to ask if there isnt just a motive to deceive out of political bias.

There is no evidence to be seen, but I am a biased fool according to them for not agreeing blindly with unfounded claims.

If they were just mistaken I could be gracious. I am wrong all the time. Thats ok

Being a knowing liar /disseminator of propaganda AT THIS STAGE as we know some facts...is not ok.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Exhibit A- and I explained why thats not evidence.

Exhibit B- No you havent. You have seen lots of opinion.

Exhibit C- There was a timeline of accusations. No evidence that supported those arguments Since there is none.

Exhibit D- I did no such thing. I asked you for all the evidence you personally have seen that points to Russians hacking the voter registration polls.

Thats the claim in case you can now somehow manage to find the many facts you never read about Russian hacking.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

When your instructor joins Muellers team let us know. Otherwise he doesn't know any more than the rest of us.
But appeals to authority works on some.
edit on 282018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

appeals to authority works on some.

Like quoting an intelligence official having an OPINION is such.....

They are also on the record retracting that statement, but who cares right?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

No it's not like that at all.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

ok.... If YOU say so.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

It is if you think they are going to do the same thing come november. I'm sure trump is planning on it. Why trip up the folks who are helping you steal an election?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I do.
Thank you.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Right because a guy in the industry who may or may not have contacts that have access to the information, is much less reliable than the Main stream media whos narrative you push on a daily basis.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join