It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS cyber chief: Russia 'successfully penetrated' some state voter rolls

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Interesting tid bit...

Ol' Jeanette served as:

Director for Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity
National Security Council Staff, The White House
May 2014 – April 2015 (1 year)

www.linkedin.com...

Anything or anyone under the Obama administration, at this point, should be considered highly unreliable and/or compromised...PERIOD

Trump did "appoint" her I believe.

But that could mean he put her up to get outed as he has with some others 🤐

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Honestly Zoo, if he vomited on the floor during a speech you'd say he'd had it planned for months, and there was a very strategic, intelligent reason for it, that we are all too dim-witted to perceive. He's just a man, man! He's not a superhero.

edit on 2/7/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: SRPrime

Suffice it to say, Hillary won few big states and many less middle to small states, so she lost the electorate votes required.

There was no "hack" and a "hack" wouldn't explain that. If they hacked the election, they would have had to take states that were blue and flip them red. A blue state would know it was hacked if it flipped red, immediately.

Like if Florida went blue, or NY went red; we'd know to check for foul play.

I think it was proven that Trump won just because of 3 or 4 states, that usually went to Hillary, but somehow went mysteriously to Trump. This was the whole point of the "recount" movement, that attempted to get legal action to recheck those few states before the Electoral count. Trump successfully squashed that recount movement. So, we'll never know.

What?

What States "usually" went to Clinton? I don't recall Hillary ever being in a national election prior to this where she "won" those States.

The recounts did happen in State....Clinton didn't dispute the recounts or even do them except WI.

Clinton increased her vote total in the state by 713 votes, while Trump increased his by 844, widening his lead by 131 votes over the original November 8 count

Stein didn't follow procedures or didn't have the money for recounts in MI and PA.

Keep your fantasy going it's quite humorous.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Obviously I was being facetious, but I believe strongly we should be very cautious about anyone interfering in our internal affairs, especially those who wish to disrupt our democracy. I personally find the idea of it very troublesome.

Well, but you do know that the US, mostly via the CIA, does interfere in foreign nations, supposedly for the "National Interests" of these United States, right?

So, what's the big deal if the Russians play the same game?

I don't quite understand the logic that "we can do onto others that which they must not do onto us."

Seems kind of strange policy.

The Russians just complained that the US is meddling in Russian elections too.

Why can't each country just stay out of the other country's business?

I think they prefer to meddle, then complain about it when it happens to them.

That's just how the system seems to function.

Remember, the French meddled in the US fight for independence from Britain, coming down on the side of the colonists.

If it wasn't for the French military help, the America as we know it today would not exist.

So, this business of foreign nations meddling in US affairs, has been going on from the founding of America.

Why now, make it a big deal?

edit on 7-2-2018 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Still a lot of posters here can't get past the partisanship. If Russia is involved in trying to influence elections, it's not about party. They don't care if there is an R or a D by the presidents name. They don't even care that much about the US. They only want their global standing back. If that means bring the US down a peg so be it. If it were me and I could accomplish that with some computer hacking instead of an expensive military build up. Yea.... I'd do that.

That don't mean I hate Russia. They're doing the right thing for their own best interest. It's our responsibility, as a nation, to stop fighting about stupid crap and make our country secure. I don't care if "they did it too" or whatever other deflection you want to bring up. We need to get past our petty differences and take care of our own crap.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

So, what's the big deal if the Russians play the same game?

So many things are going through my mind to respond to this, I can't pick just one. I mean, if you don't think it's a big deal, then, WOW. I hope you don't claim any kind of patriotism. I mean, I'm not the most patriotic person in the world, but I know better than THIS. This, we cannot tolerate.

If I had to choose between having a physical wall, and keeping people physically out of our country, or a cyber wall to prevent criminals from disrupting our (previously) functioning society through cyber crimes, manipulation, lies and thefts, I know which I would choose. I know where I would rather put the billions of dollars.

Why can't each country just stay out of the other country's business?

Good question.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Why did Obama and his dems let all this crap go on for 8 yrs?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Because none of us is perfect. Move on. What do we do now? Nothing cause "Obama and the Dems".

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Why did Obama and his dems let all this crap go on for 8 yrs?

Obama's methodology requires lying and cheating, bribes, kickbacks, etc. It's natural for Obama to run things this way.

Some people believe the only way to make it is to take short cuts and cheat their way through life. Obama and company are members of that club.

edit on 7-2-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

So many things are going through my mind to respond to this, I can't pick just one. I mean, if you don't think it's a big deal, then, WOW. I hope you don't claim any kind of patriotism. I mean, I'm not the most patriotic person in the world, but I know better than THIS. This, we cannot tolerate.

So, Russia supported a Patriotic American called Donald Trump.

Russia is a friend of the Trumps.

And Trump is an American.

So, Russia is a friend of Americans.

Where is my logic flawed?

Russia was just being helpful.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   
so a foreign nation hacked a some systems that did not actually alter anything that we are aware of after a year of looking into this, and I am supposed to be astonished why?

It is stranger when foreign nations are not trying to hack our systems, seeking ways to important information.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   
But now you all have to stop the bickering and make sure it doesn't happen again It isn't a left or right thing it should be an American thing a problem you sort out together.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: villagesmithie

Blast! You have rehashed debunked claims and I am powerless but to accept the lie. It has been said too many times to resist any longer!

Russia is hacking my brain!

One week after the election, Jeh Johnson, President Obama’s secretary of Homeland Security, admitted that our election system had not been hacked and that no ballot counts had been changed.

Recently, the Department of Homeland Security had to retract a claim that Russian hackers had gone after voter-registration systems in places such as California and Wisconsin after they said their systems hadn’t been targeted.

link

edit on 2 8 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Is it still "third time's a charm", or what?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Russia is hacking my brain!

Correct. Their neuro-programming is done by constant repetition of misleading statements that reinforce your confirmation bias. For example, you are now mistaking a reassurance that Russian hackers were unable to actually change the vote tallies on the voting machine with an "admission" that they did not attempt to access the voter rolls (which they did) nor incite partisan polarization through the use of social media and black propaganda (which they are doing even now).

Several states have confirmed Russian attempts to access voter registration databases. By selectively deleting a small number of voters at strategically chosen voting precincts, the can turn a "purple state" whichever color they want. If they can't find you on the list come November, you will know why.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

you should know better.

ze evidence?

Is it a claim by intelligence officials at DHS?

When did they claim this? As you can understand, I am skeptical of them after they have had to issue retractions on blatant lies on this specific issue.

If you are referring to their assessments without checking for retractions, then you are being willfully ignorant of available facts.

so, ANY evidence? or is it just propagandistic insistence based on "claims". Are these even NEW claims by them, or the same old ones they back peddled on?

Which states do you say were affected?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Where is my logic flawed?

With the premise. Donald Trump is not a patriotic American. He refused to serve his country during the Viet Nam war. He manufactures his brand name goods in Mexico and China. He borrows money from foreign banks. He has constantly attacked America's institutions. He is a tax dodger, mobster, and heck, he's married women from former Soviet satellites.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Re-read your post. Read the statement from USA Today. Does the statement you quote support your opinion? How did you make such a simple mistake?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

It's natural for Obama to run things this way.

Why? Please be specific.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

That doesnt answer a single question I asked in order to respond to a clarified stance you take.

Again, are you aware that DHS has back peddled on its assessment of Russians hacking the voter registration polls?

Is this a new claim? because they have made several, and all were retracted.

Where is the evidence of what you say?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join