It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS cyber chief: Russia 'successfully penetrated' some state voter rolls

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
And ?

If dead people,felons,and illegals can vote.

Why not RUSSIA! ?

What about those machines that always malfunctioned in favor of democrats?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Easy fix. Voter ID and paper ballots. Boom.

the fix is blockchain with multi factor authentication

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Get the results a hell of a lot faster too.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

they try to pretend that didn't happen, several news articles from local news agencies have published reports about this nationwide.

easily accessible via google

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Get the results a hell of a lot faster too.

instantly, you can literally watch every vote as it comes in

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I wonder if ol' Jeanette is a card carrying Democrat...

This could be part of the spin/damage control.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I don't bother to get into all the partisan bickering, waste of time. Saying that, I do see a lot of "the left hates Russia".

The reality is they are a foreign government.

The Soviet Union lost the cold war, I'm sure that still stings for many Russians.

The last time you lost a race did you say "I guess I'm just second best" or did you say "I'm gonna kick his (butt) next time"

To assume Russia is our buddy is foolishness. To assume they wouldn't try to beat us in another way is foolishness.

I don't pretend to be smart enough to know what Trump and Putin and every other actor on the stage is thinking or doing but, to try to sweep this under the rug to support your "team" is a mistake.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: villagesmithie

I could not agree more with your post here.

My hope is that the truth ends up being known. And not 2 versions of "a truth" presented by 2 groups of partisan zombies.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Recycled inconsequential misleading news. Democrats don't care about voted fraud, they support it. They don't care about fair elections because they rigged it against Bernie. They make up this Russia rigged the elections myth to cover for their loss and try to impeach Trump.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I watch this site enough to know that you and I probable don't vote the same. But, I like to think we could sit down and have a beer together and not end up settling it out in the parking lot.

I'm a home brewer so I'll bring the beer.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
I wonder if ol' Jeanette is a card carrying Democrat...

This could be part of the spin/damage control.

Given the recent revealing proof of corruption and lying, we can't be too careful can we.

👀😳

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Mexico was very effective. They plan on doing even better in the future, especially in California

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: xuenchen
So how did they change the vote counts ?

😆

I'm waiting for them to finally release the classified info that the Russians not only hacked the voter machines, but changed the vote tally in favor of Trump, hence explaining the apparently contradictory evidence that Hillary won the popular vote, while trump won the Elections.

A hack could to that.

They wouldn't be able to hack all the votes to affect the popular count, but they could just hack the essential votes required to show a Trump victory.

Then, all would be explained.

Not sure why they aren't releasing this top secret information.

But, if they sent this info as a memo to Trump for consideration, would he de-classify it?

Hmm....

Oh Jesus Christ. You don't even understand how a president wins an election. Okay; check this out. There are 50 states right? Each one has a different population, some have significant portions of the entire countries population in each of them, like New York and California. Each state has a maximum point worth, the higher the population, the higher it's maximum point worth.

The popular vote INSIDE a state, chooses the suggested electorate vote for that state. You still following?

Trump won 30 states, Hillary won 20. 30+20=50. Hilary won states with greater populations, hence her winning the "popular" vote.

Suffice it to say, Hillary won few big states and many less middle to small states, so she lost the electorate votes required.

There was no "hack" and a "hack" wouldn't explain that. If they hacked the election, they would have had to take states that were blue and flip them red. A blue state would know it was hacked if it flipped red, immediately.

Like if Florida went blue, or NY went red; we'd know to check for foul play.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Gimmie a break.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

They'll claim it's a repeat. They'll claim it's nothing. They'll claim it's fake news.

They'll claim it's aliens if it helps move the scale at all. It's very sad to see them fight so hard knowing their guy is a crook and is going to jail.
Eric Holder says he believes they can indict him and he thinks they have a case. Everyone thinks they have a case.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
more fear mongering from msm.. sad that people believe someone can hack a closed system...

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Dont blame me blame Computer World for giving me the materials to post.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

Trump has never been right about a thing in his whole !ife. He buys right . He rents right but he never is right.
This is not what he was talking about when he said voter fraud. His issue is he wants the popular vote to be in his favor and that just isn't ever going to happen. More people voted for Hillary and it kills him.
And you do know he dismantled his voter fraud panel when one member brought a law suit against the government because he showed up for work and no one ever told them what they were supposed to actually be doing. So ...So much for trump being right. Like I said.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Ha ha.

Gonna be singing a different tune pretty soon.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

so they performed a port scan???

Go ahead and expose port 22 on your FW and read the logs. I GUARANTEE it will be hit every few seconds with attempted Auths every few minutes.

There are port scanners galore just running on the Internet all day, everyday.

Some could be hackers, others are just port discovery tools.

This proves ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join