It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A male backlash against #MeToo is brewing

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Women are now in a position to create their own opportunities.

I think the whole point of the #metoo and #timesup movements is just that.

Women now feel free, for the first time, to tell men what they have been "thinking" all along, but "suppressed" because of fear that they'd lose some opportunity that depended on men to provide for them.

Looking at Oprah, one wonders which man she depended on to become a billionaire. She seems to have done it all on her own, and at a time when it was more difficult for women to strike out on their own than it is today.
So, that's the #timesup.

Oprah has been through her own abuse .....when a child.

Behind Oprah Winfrey's €2bn net worth are stories of pain, struggle, and — eventually — triumph. The media mogul recounted her own experiences with abuse, which included being raped at the age of nine, during an appearance at Ball State University, Indiana, part of a lecture series fellow

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Weinslime said he would but looks like nothing will come of that.

Lol!! We can all remember another very powerful man that swore *I never had

sex with that woman* .... till she produced that dress!!

Ain't science great

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

Aziz Ansari is a perfect example. He went on a date. She blew him. Twice. Never once told him to stop, simply that 'he should have known she was feeling awkward '. The next day when he asked her how she enjoyed the date, she said she didn't, he apologized. No rape, nothing. Yet this man will never act again because it went you the media, and with the current 'hang 'em high ' mentality, he is screwed.

You think that is OK too?

What we would have called in recent past a "bad date" is now career ending. I think it also desensitizes everyone to the cases where women are truly abused. We might tend to lump a true abuse case with "George Takei tried to touch my junk back in 1983" or like scenario.

edit on 5-2-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I shouldn't worry guys and gals in a few years we will not have to mix with the real opposite sex we will have sex robots and VR.
Mind you I'm getting to that age where a good bowel movement is as good as a jump in the hay.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Times have changed.

I'm glad I'm old and will never date again. Haven't for 30 years, and don't ever plan to ever again.

Every female I meet/deal with is greeted with a, "Ma'am" or a "Miss".

Always have, always will.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I got shouted at in a shopping centre (mall) for holding the door for a young lady after I went through she shouted "I don't need your help!" everyone looked and I just stood there door in hand looking like a plonker.
I was brought up to hold doors for anyone behind me.
Different age I suppose.
edit on 5-2-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

I was at the pharmacy the other day and held the door for a woman about my age. She said, "Thank you, it's rare to see gentlemen anymore".

It's definitely an age thing.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Manners maketh man
Oh and ladies and everyone you know what I mean.
edit on 5-2-2018 by testingtesting because: Don't want to imply only blokes have manners lol.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
The stress of such a situation can fracture even good relationships.

If one person accuses your spouse of misconduct and you don't support them then you are a s***** spouse. If multiple people do it then I think the roles are reversed.

Companies can usually afford better lawyers than their employees,and can drag that court case out for years.

Yeah? And there are plenty of attorneys who love to take pro bono cases where they can cream a large company for a settlement.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

So let me get this straight. It's fine, in these modern times - times which are incredibly enlightened & largely a win for justice, in comparison to even twenty years ago - that some men will be forced to spend possibly decades in prison due to false allegations of rape brought about by the opportunities for 'revenge accusations' that this 'movement' brings..? And your justification, is that in times past - times that were admittedly unenlightened - that back then, women were subject to abuse? Shouldn't we judge modern men by modern standards according to the prevailing enlightenment which exists in our modern legal systems (in the West)..? And shouldn't we abhor any forms of pathetic, ethically indefensible 'dragnet justice' in which falsely derived, unjust convictions are tolerated simply because "At least fewer offenders are getting away with it, who gives a # about collateral damage?"

Your attitude is sickening.

As it happens, in modern times, we who are truly enlightened will say that it's actually better to have zero false convictions, even if that means that it's a bit harder to ensure that all offenders are brought to justice. I simply cannot believe that your nonsense views are representative of (or even tolerated by) modern women. God help us if that's what regular modern women feel pressured to believe in & participate in.

Unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Regardless, many of the men that stand accused are being made into pariahs, and being removed from their jobs and often facing expensive divorces.

Aziz Ansari is a perfect example.

Yet this man will never act again...

Really? The guy just won a Golden Globe, I'll bet you he comes back for season 3.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Bull. The stigma is still there. Especially in show business.

Who in show business has been wrongly stigmatized besides Ansari who it seems everyone is supporting.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

How much do I need to sue for to to get back all the wages I'd ever make I the film industry?

Who in the film industry has been wrongly accused?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I don't, and never have, had private meetings with females. Common sense has dictated otherwise for the entirety of my life.

Up until recently, this wasn't 'common sense '.

I've dealt with women in the workforce my whole life and didn't fear this kind of thing until recently.

Very good OP.

Hmmm.,
I have never feared this, and I'm not fearing it now. Having both women and men equally as employees. And I have not had a heightened feeling of fear because of #meetoo
Why?

Cause I have been treating them with respect as human beings regardless of their gender, race, social standing or sexual preferences...

So... Why are you fearing this now?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

I got shouted at in a shopping centre (mall) for holding the door for a young lady after I went through she shouted "I don't need your help!" everyone looked and I just stood there door in hand looking like a plonker.
I was brought up to hold doors for anyone behind me.
Different age I suppose.

I had a similar experience many years ago. What did I do? I slammed the door in her face and walked away. When she caught up with me she screamed at me about how I was "no gentleman", to which I replied.

"That may be, but then, YOU are no lady. A lady would have simply said no thank you, or actually thanked me. Considering I would have held the door for anyone but a real bitch."

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

Azis Ansari is not a good example at all, the accusations against him has been very much disputed.

Maybe he acted like an ass, but it is far from rape and the facts that have been raised against the likes of Weinstein.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Bull. The stigma is still there. Especially in show business.

Who in show business has been wrongly stigmatized besides Ansari who it seems everyone is supporting.

Ahhh! I get it, you assume they are all guilty before they are even tried.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
It has nothing to do with liberals . And a backlash can't be very good. Men wanting to see women abused or harassed? Because that could be the only backlash against women empowering themselves to not be victims any longer.

Good luck with that gentlemen.

How does a backleash equate to wanting to see women victimized and abused ?

From reading many posts on this thread I can clearly see men being victimized and abused and quite honestly can understand the backlash at accusations thrown around without due process.

I’m ashamed at what some women will stoop to for money , fame , or revenge with some of these allegations.

That being said , men need to really think about what they say , infer, or do to a woman that would make her feel sexually uncomfortable. Same with women ! They don’t get a free pass on sexual innuendos or playing touchy feely with a guys leg at a party , if the man has not invited that sort of attention.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Ahhh! I get it, you assume they are all guilty before they are even tried.

Ohhh, you caught me! However in many of these cases; Cosby, Weinstein, Spacey, etc, I tend to believe the victims.

Which I am allowed to do despite the anguish it may cause you.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: carabao

Maybe he acted like an ass, but it is far from rape and the facts that have been raised against the likes of Weinstein.

Has Weinstein even been brought up on a simple charge? He is/was a product of his environment in Hollywood of everyone male and female all trying to take advantage of each other.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join