It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A male backlash against #MeToo is brewing

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
The movement has gotten completely out of hand, extending far beyond normal confines of a useful, meaningful one. It has become a witch hunt, a manipulative means to gain an advantage, a means to destroy who pisses you o with little more than a finger point & a screech.

I do not support MeToo, I want it to DIAF yesterday. I refuse to help ostracize and subjugate innocent people over backstabbing, malicious accusations with little to no proof and self-centeredness. That is what COURT is for, you prove your claims in it. All this movement is at face value wanton unproven slander with a jacked up flamethrower.
F# feminism and feminists as a whole, you are crippling the rest of us sensible women for decades to come with poor, knee-jerk judgement today.

We need a middle finger icon.

Thank you for posting this viewpoint. I have been told earlier that my statements of asking women that responded in the same vein as you are simply anecdotal and merely a way for me to subjugate and put women down. And even been told that "collateral damage" of innocent men being falsely accused and punished without due process is acceptable to them as well.

But, that is not man hating at all.

So again, thank you for a voice of reason.

That type of attitude really is doing more harm than good at this point.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
americans are fun

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
When I look at ground zero with Harvey Weinstein I need to wonder how much of his actions were encouraged by the females around him. He seems to be a guy in total disbelief as Hollywood turned on him like a hungry pack of dogs even though for decades they were arm and arm with him at all levels, male and female alike even though what he did was very out in the open all the time. The other side of this encouragement was that for every female joining the #andmetoo there were 100s willing to do whatever old Harvey and others like him wished. Hollywood is acting like all women are innocent delicate little flowers and there are about the same amount of sharks on both sides of the sexes that as we move forward I can understand a male backlash.

edit on 5-2-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Roy Moore (unconfirmed allegations dating back decades...including an accuser who forged "proof"), who almost certainly lost the Alabama Senate race as a result

Roy Moore lost because he is a wingnut, he thinks women should not vote, and be barefoot and pregnant, I think he believes Jesus rode to church on dinosaurs too..have to check that one

Other than that I agree with your OP.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Nyiah
The movement has gotten completely out of hand, extending far beyond normal confines of a useful, meaningful one. It has become a witch hunt, a manipulative means to gain an advantage, a means to destroy who pisses you o with little more than a finger point & a screech.

I do not support MeToo, I want it to DIAF yesterday. I refuse to help ostracize and subjugate innocent people over backstabbing, malicious accusations with little to no proof and self-centeredness. That is what COURT is for, you prove your claims in it. All this movement is at face value wanton unproven slander with a jacked up flamethrower.
F# feminism and feminists as a whole, you are crippling the rest of us sensible women for decades to come with poor, knee-jerk judgement today.

We need a middle finger icon.

Thank you for posting this viewpoint. I have been told earlier that my statements of asking women that responded in the same vein as you are simply anecdotal and merely a way for me to subjugate and put women down. And even been told that "collateral damage" of innocent men being falsely accused and punished without due process is acceptable to them as well.

But, that is not man hating at all.

So again, thank you for a voice of reason.

That type of attitude really is doing more harm than good at this point.

If that's the reaction you get, write them off as worthless people. Anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together and with the ability to take a step back and look at the whole picture in front of them can see that this isn't progress, it's regression with the shoe on the other foot this time. Oppression is oppression, and sticking it to the men this time is the same sadistic level of treatment women had to deal with when humanity was younger and much dumber. Just because we had to deal with it eons ago doesn't make it right to do to anyone else. And trying to justify it shows womens' true colors, which is as inky black as the nastiest corner of their current collective soul is.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

But, right now, this seems to be one of the only types of alleged criminal act that are not subject to the allegations being tested in a court of law before the alleged criminal suffers public and professional sanctions.

Very, very important point, and one which should NOT go unnoticed or unpublicised by intellectually honest men & women at this time. I heard someone comment that this is the 21st century equivalent of McCarthyism, and I think it's very apt to draw the comparison.

Here in the UK (not sure how it is in the States) - we who are at the lower end of the wealth spectrum, are unable to obtain financial or legal aid to fight against the consequences of false accusations, should they have been leveled against us with the effect of personal or professional sanctions/ aggrieving outcomes (such as the breakdown of a marriage in the event that the wife doesn't want to be tainted by association..) Even if the allegations are eventually proven to be unsubstantiated & baseless, even malicious - we have no recourse in the court system to go about seeking reparations for loss of income, financial loss due to poor business in the wake of allegations, breakdown of loving marriages, irreparable damage to one's standing in the community forcing a home move which causes material or health-related damage to self or dependents & so on.

Remember this 100% truthful statement, in the context: Even if the accusations are baseless, cannot be substantiated by reasonable evidences, or ultimately proven to be malicious - a man's reputation can be permanently damaged, even if the authorities publish an exonerating statement in his favour after the fact. People who are not close to that man, but who are aware of the original allegations, may very well take the cynical attitude "There's no smoke without fire". This poisonous attitude is all-too-familiar in such cases (it applies even more destructively in the wake of untrue allegations of child abuse, for example) - law enforcement professionals will be very aware of the way a man's life can be ruined under such circumstances, even if the target of the allegations is entirely innocent & would never dream of doing anything inappropriate against others.

As a society we need to stop glorifying alleged victims, simultaneous to denigrating the accused & slandering his name. If someone speaks cynically to you regarding a man accused in the ways I've outlined above, you have a duty to ensure that people think in an intellectually mature way, in as much as it depends on you. Highlight the rather obvious fact that it is a matter for police investigation, not vigilante justice. Certainly make the point, very clearly, that gossip against a man's character when you do not know that man - particularly if he has not even been formally charged, let alone convicted of a crime - is absolutely inappropriate, and very likely to contribute to real material harm in that man's circumstances.

We have a duty to uphold the well-being of our fellow men, especially if they are known to us, and are indeed most likely to be innocent (basing our discernment - cautiously - on what is known to us personally, or to people we trust, regarding the character of the man in question) in the face of what can only be described as 'virtue-signalling uber-liberal hysteria'

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

As someone once said: "Men use power to get sex and women use sex to get power" Or money i should imagine.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: nightbringr
So you think is perfectly OK for a man's life to be ruined due to false claims?

Who said I was? I don't want any person's life ruined, but if a person makes false allegations against another they have legal recourse to address those charges and potentially have the accuser prosecuted if the claims are indeed false.

The problem here is the man's life is still ruined. Counter suing will never erase the damage done.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Counter suing will never erase the damage done.

That's why they invented punitive damages.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I am a woman who believes that if a female falsely accuses a man of rape/any sexual misconduct,and it is proven that she lied,she should be sued into vagrancy. And made an example of across social media,at her place of work,everywhere -
exposed as the filthy life-destroyer she is and be made into a pariah.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Money is nice and all,but it does not restore a reputation,it probably won't restore a career lost,personal relationships destroyed etc. There is really no coming back from something like that.Unless the accused who turns out to be innocent makes it his life mission and spends vast amounts on money for ads in newspapers,online,make a huge public campaign of reminding people he is innocent. Most people are likely so emotionally and financially devasted after a false accusation that leads to arrest,court cases,loss of job and maybe even family,they do not have the emotional energy for that,i should wager.Punitive damages may be allocated by a judge but the lying witch pleads poverty and he gets nothing. If he Does receive the punitive damages most of that may go on lawyers' fees,accomodation etc.
edit on 5-2-2018 by Raxoxane because: that friggin "d" on my keyboard

edit on 5-2-2018 by Raxoxane because: keyboard from hell

edit on 5-2-2018 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
Money is nice and all,but it does not restore a reputation,it probably won't restore a career lost,personal relationships destroyedd etc.

If the accuser is convicted of making false accusations it most assuredly can restore your career. What employer wants to risk a civil suit with someone terminated over actions they did not commit? If your personal relationships are destroyed (friends/significant other leave) then how the hell are they your friends? Your friends, real friends, stand by you if you sincerely explain that you are innocent and your reputation with them prior to the claims supports your position.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The stress of such a situation can fracture even good relationships. Companies can usually afford better lawyers than their employees,and can drag that court case out for years.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

As someone once said: "Men use power to get sex and women use sex to get power" Or money i should imagine.

True, or a script read as in the case of Harvey...I think it is safe to say that beautiful woman didn't flock to him because of his looks, or great personally....

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
uuuuhhhh I have so many mixed feelings about the whole metoo movement. There is also a line that shouldn't be crossed with accusations. Maybe it could be called the youtoo movement for anyone falsely accused, or having been branded a predator when they really didn't have ill intentions. I also hate when people give the speech about how "what you wear should not matter". Nobody deserves to be violated in any way, but if a person doesn't recognize how they became a victim then they are bound to become a victim again. This may earn me an anti-woman award, but oh well.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

a reply to: Krakatoa

I am a woman who believes that if a female falsely accuses a man of rape/any sexual misconduct,and it is proven that she lied,she should be sued into vagrancy. And made an example of across social media,at her place of work,everywhere -
exposed as the filthy life-destroyer she is and be made into a pariah.

This would be a very fair method of restitution post-ruin for the accused. If someone is found to have lied through her teeth to be a vindictive bitch toward someone, then she should spend the rest of her life working to financially support the person she permanently tarnished, in some manner or another.
For example, she should have to foot the entire bill for moving the individual to a new area that has never heard of him, pay for his expenses, his meals while he job hunts. After he's back on his feet without the cloud of false accusations & ensuing attention smothering him & his ability to earn a living, she pays into a retirement account for him.
Permanently. It may not be rescinded.

Restitution amounts may be dialed back to a degree if she makes a lengthy public apology and explanation for why she ruined someone like that. I might even go so far as to add the option to further reduce the restitution a little more if she agrees to speak repeatedly on it in public settings as a means to educate women as to how NOT to act maliciously without cause.
I would also suggest blacklisting the accuser from public assistance for the rest of their lives regardless of age or health. They'd need to figure out the hard way once you f# up & drag someone down with you, it's your own pit of hell to live in. Figure it out on your own.

Harsh restitution & taking responsibility to a sobering level such as this might make women think twice about destroying people through baseless assault accusations.
edit on 2/5/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You dont get accused of being a sexual predator for hitting on one person. You get accused of being a sexual predator when you get accused by MULTIPLE people of gross misconduct.

Regardless, many of the men that stand accused are being made into pariahs, and being removed from their jobs and often facing expensive divorces.

Aziz Ansari is a perfect example. He went on a date. She blew him. Twice. Never once told him to stop, simply that 'he should have known she was feeling awkward '. The next day when he asked her how she enjoyed the date, she said she didn't, he apologized. No rape, nothing. Yet this man will never act again because it went you the media, and with the current 'hang 'em high ' mentality, he is screwed.

You think that is OK too?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Money is nice and all,but it does not restore a reputation,it probably won't restore a career lost,personal relationships destroyedd etc.

If the accuser is convicted of making false accusations it most assuredly can restore your career. What employer wants to risk a civil suit with someone terminated over actions they did not commit? If your personal relationships are destroyed (friends/significant other leave) then how the hell are they your friends? Your friends, real friends, stand by you if you sincerely explain that you are innocent and your reputation with them prior to the claims supports your position.

Bull. The stigma is still there. Especially in show business.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

BOTH the sexes could treat one another a lot better than they currently do. That being said, I have no sympathy for men who truly sexually mistreat and brutalize women. These guys are getting what they deserve.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Counter suing will never erase the damage done.

That's why they invented punitive damages.

How much do I need to sue for to to get back all the wages I'd ever make I the film industry?

Hint? The defendant will never have the kind of money to pay that back. And I'd always be known as the 'guy who was accused of rape '. Great thing to be known for, right?

And how do I get my job back by counter suing? Even if I do get a monetary reward, no studio will ever hire me. If they are accused of using it against me, they can simply say I was 'not right for the job'. If Mia Sorvino can be blacklisted that easy by Weinstien, surely the same can be done for those falsely accused. No studio is going to take a chance having an accused predator, guilty or not, absolved or not, in their film. Think about it.
edit on 5-2-2018 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join